Welcome to PatsFans.com

Forum Police Officers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I know there are two and maybe more Police Officers that post on this forum, I am dying to ask a "Police Officer Of Today" a question.

I grew up on the streets of Cambridge during the thirties & forties, seven of the young men from my corner went on to become Cambridge Police Officers themselves.
    When we were growing up there were many times that "street justice" was handled right on the street, depending on the circumstance the Cops took care of it then and there with a good "slapping around", I have been beat up several times by the Cops, I deserved it, but I was never arrested, I now can thank those old time Beat Cops for the fact that I have no criminal record, they straigtened me out right on the spot.

Now the question:
    I watch those High Speed Pursuits out in California and after fifty miles of over a 100 MPH speeds and nearly killing several Cops and civilians this maniac is finally stopped then he gets out of his car and still resists and fights.

The Question, HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DO YOU GUYS HOLD IN YOUR EMOTIONS, HOW DO YOU STOP YOURSELF FROM BREAKING EVERY BONE IN THIS RAT B@STARDS BODY.

His Holiness, Rodney King was traveling 70-MPH down city streets if he had collided with a Family of five and killed them all (the police may very well of prevented this) if Rod ahd killed a family we never would of heard about it, but they caught him, when they tried to arrest him he fought, he was full of drugs, the Cops gave him a good old fashioned "thrashing".

Rodney recieved Four Million Dollars, the Cops went to jail. (the new America)

If they operated like that in my day there wouldnt ba a Cop left in the city of Cambridge, they would all be in Jail. I have to hand it to you guys today, how do you control yourselves.

The thing that prompted this post is, another incident has happend after a chase, I was just watching it on TV, they got the guy, they got him out of the car, he fought them, one of the Cops punched him several times.
    THEY FIRED THE COP.

AGAIN, HOW DO YOU DO IT?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Sorry Harry, but any cop would be stupid to answer your question in a traceable (anyone with a subpenoa can get your IP address and from that your name & addrerss) forum like this. Think about Marc Furman, by all accounts and excellent detective (ask the Kennedys), who was crucified, for giving a "straight" answer. What ten years later in a completely unrelated trail, his credibilty is questioned due answering questions just like this one.
    Sorry Harry.
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Political Correctness run amuck is ruining this country plain and simple.
  4. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Of course, Furman later pled guilty to perjury, and I think a lot of people suspect he planted the glove to try to make the OJ Simpson case stronger. A few bad cops lead to a few bad lawsuits and some public outrage. That leads to laws and rules restricting the behavior of police. It's not political correctness to oppose public servants beating people up or framing people. You can't have cops act as judge and jury in a free society, even though more often than not they would probably be in the right.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Hope that cop got his comeuppance for brutally pushing the driver out of a moving vehicle. After all, all the guy was doing was driving fast on an empty road.
    Just kidding ;)
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I got it Ted, I never thought of it that way, I still have a couple of those old friends who are retired Camb PD, you should hear them on this subject. Your right also about a Forum Like This, if you didn't give the politically correct answer the Liberals on here would have your hide and possibly your car and your house. Then they would try to get you fired.

I AM GLAD YOU DIDN'T ANSWER IT, "STAY SAFE" (my wife always says that to one of my sons he is a Capt on a Mass Fire Dept).
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The Moron that was ejected from the truck bit off a liitle more than he could chew when he ran away from that Cop.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I honestly can't believe you think that anyone planted the bloddy glove? What about the bloody Bruno Whatever shoes? How many killers wear $400 shoes? OJ is so guilty it's not funny. Ask yourself what is the difference between Scott Peterson's case and OJ's? The physical evidence agianst OJ was much stronger. yet he went free. (The anser is the IQ of the Jury). Nicole was stabbed 27 times, think about that 27 times, grab a knife and stab a bag of sand 27 times and see how exhausted you are (unless of course, you used to be a professional athlete). I remember the day she got killed and I was working with a retired NYPD detective and he immeadiatly exclaimed that OJ did it, so I asked him how he could be so sure, and he said, "There is only one person that can drive anyone to passion that they would stab them 27 times, and that is your spouse."
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The whole world knows OJ did it, the Jury was made up of a bunch of Racists just like the Racists jurys of the old south.

Also the jury was in love with him and so were the pandering gush and fawn liberals of America.

It drives the Politically Correct Liberal insane to see Mark Furhman on TV talking "common sense".

They asked Mark Furhman at the trial if he had ever said the "N" word, all of America was rolling on the floor laughing at that one.

I wonder what OJ would have replied if he was asked if he had ever said "White Mother F-cker"?
  13. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Harry Boy,

The cops in the Rodney King beating did not go to jail like you said, they were aquitted on April 29, 1992.

As far as the OJ case, that's a tough one. Everyone knows he did it, but corruption was so rampant in the LAPD, and things like evidence planting were happening left and right, that I think the jury actually handed a verdict against the LAPD, and not for OJ. Otherwise there would be no consequences for all the dirty things LA cops do. It sucks that a killer had to get off because of it, but the LAPD made their own bed there.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Source http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/lapdaccount.html

In August 1993, Judge Davies sentenced Koon and Powell to thirty months in federal correctional camps. The government appealed, arguing that the sentences were too light and violated federal sentencing guidelines. In 1995, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with the government's position and sent the case back to Judge Davies for the imposition of a tougher sentence. Koon and Powell appealed to the United States Supreme Court. On June 13, 1996, the High Court reversed the Ninth Circuit and upheld the sentence of Judge Davies on all but two minor points. The original thirty-month sentence stood.

In October of 1993, Koon and Powell began serving their sentences in separate federal camps. Near the end of Koon's sentence, an armed African-American man broke into a halfway house in Rubidoux, California where Koon had been staying. The man announced his intention to kill Koon, but fortunately Koon had been released to his family for the Thanksgiving holiday. The armed invader was killed by police in a shoot-out.

In December 1995, Koon and Powell were released.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Interesting, thanks. I must have tuned out for a year or so, because I don't remember the federal trial at all.

Glad they did go to jail, though. Rodney King was a criminal, but two wrongs don't make a right and the cops that beat him were also criminals.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

We haven't heard the last of Rodney and he still uses his wife for a punching bag. I hope I'm wrong but sooner or later he will kill someone.
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know, I wish those cops could have taken him into custody correctly so he wouldn't have the sympathy he does.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

FreeTed, Of course I think Simpson was guilty, but the events surrounding the glove struck me as awfully strange.

At any rate, you hardly needed the glove to prove his guilt in my opinion. I think OJ went free because the LA police department was corrupt and the prosecution was inept. That combination allowed jurors to see a reasonable doubt. As you know, a few years after the OJ Simpson trial, there was a big scandal regarding officers who framed people. Those officers are in part responsible for a murderer like OJ Simpson going free. Those officers in effect tainted the jury pool
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

They tried, it didn't work.