Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fortunes of the Patriots Parallel Those of the Bush Administration?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Sep 15, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Agree or disagree?

Isn't it weird that the Patriots, wearing Red White and Blue, came out of nowhere to win the season that experienced 9-11, our invasion of Iraq, etc... and now we are the most hated team in the league?

Not saying it's anything intentional, maybe more psychologically related.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Can you, or anyone else, name an UNsuccessful team that is the most hated in its sport? I can't think of a single sport (and I can add two types of Rugby, Soccer and Cricket) where the most hated team is even in the bottom half. That's the more interesting thing for me, tbh.
    Here's a question for you. How much more tainted would, say, Indy or New England be, if Michael Vick had played for them? Is there any hate out there for Atlanta? None that I've seen.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

Take it one step further, Libby gets his sentence commuted for outing a CIA operative.. BB gets a 500 k fine for taping a game for later use.. there is not equity in this world.

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

In the "everyone will do anything to tear down the top guys". Yeah, I might agree. In that most with WHAT THEY THINK is right and not really give a shat what anyone else thinks? Yeah, probably agree there too.

I think that in their respective fields, there is no comparison in who is better at what they do, so it ends there.

In a way, I feel bad for both of them. Millions of people want nothing more then to derail them and destroy whatever it is they do.