Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former 'WSJ' Editorial Writer to Head 'Wash Times' Opinion Pages

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+4]Former 'WSJ' Editorial Writer to Head 'Wash Times' Opinion Pages [/size]

By Joe Strupp

Published: March 08, 2009 6:30 PM ET

NEW YORK - Richard Miniter, an author and former Wall Street Journal editorial writer, has been named editor of the editorial pages and vice president of opinion at The Washington Times, according to a release.

Miniter will head what are considered among the most conservative editorial pages in a post that had been previously held by the likes of Tony Blankley, former chief of staff to Newt Gingrich, and Tony Snow, who later served as President George W. Bush’s press secretary.

“Minter, who wrote two New York Times bestselling books, and won awards for investigative reporting at the Sunday Times of London, is a former editorial writer and columnist for the Wall Street Journal Europe and WSJ.com,” the announcement added. “His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal as well as The Atlantic Monthly, Reader's Digest, National Review and The New Republic. He is a regular commentator on Fox News Channel, MSNBC, CNN, C-Span, and CNBC and many nationally syndicated radio programs.”

Former 'WSJ' Editorial Writer to Head 'Wash Times' Opinion Pages

//
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

significance?

an op-ed writer goes from one unabashedly right wing editorial board to another... oooookay?
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I heard the WT couldn't pry Kos away from his weblog, so they had to settle for Miniter.

:rolleyes:

//
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Did you spring LIZA yet?
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What's YOUR problem???

I've helped collect more than a thousand signatures to an appeal letter to the president of Kazakhstan. I personally delivered the letter to the Ambassador of Kazakhstan here in Vilnius. We have attorneys already on the ground there in Astana, other folks too. If I went there I'd only be more thunder than is needed at the moment; surgery requires a delicate tool, not a battle-axe. Do you know ANYTHING about dealing with heads of state??? Especially in small unstable nations??

//
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Once again an idiotic thread becomes all about Foggie, I guess what is the significance here.. do you really believe that the Washington Times is that significant.. consider the Pelosi Mice article, which has been proven false and they have not printed a retraction..

The Washington times has a circulation of about 102, 000 and has lost almost 2 billion dollars spreading the moon religion.. 2 billion could have done a lot of good for America and the world.. they are not even in the top 100 newspapers in the US..

If you enjoy a completely biased rag, read it.. no one cares.. stop making a complete fool of yourselves..
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure thing, "Darryl". Whatever you say... :woohoo:

//
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

What is the value of this thread?? It is all about you and your ego..
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, it is not. It's about the Washington Times and its continued growth to becoming the commonly recognized pre-eminent news paper in America. Already many believe that, but like all prophetic efforts it's always so much easier to stone the prophets in the beginning than to believe them. And I AM talking directly to YOU, "Darryl".

Anyway, if you don't like the thread, then just keep on walking. Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to read it.

//
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Think of all the good that Rev. Moon could have done with 2 billion dollars on humanity, instead of using it to try to recruit future moonies...

BTW you ain't a prophet, you who criticized the way folks spend money.. but can defend this money pit..

The only people reporting that there is growth is the Washington Times.. betcha our resident newspaper folks can give better numbers..
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

The world will be a far better place.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Thank you, kind sir.

//
  14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 6 / -9

Foggy, anybody who actually lives here knows the newspapers of record in this country are the Washington Post and the New York Times, with a whining fringe complaining mightily that, essentially, reality is "too liberal," and filling the void with more fables through more media.

Of course, the big picture is that it looks like this recession may be all but the last gasp for print outlets. All who see the actual physical paper paper as somehow filling a different need from the web and the TV, take notice.

Addendum: prophet denotes a religious figure. I believe you're looking for the word profit, denoting a monetary success. The Times, however, has never created either.

PFnV
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's been said before: "Build an ARK !! .... on a MOUNTAIN TOP!!! What are you smokin', Noah? I want some!!"

"PROMISED land!!! Where exactly do YOU 'promise' that we land, O Great One, Moses????"

"God's Kingdom??? On THIS earth??? What are YOU drinking, Jesus of Nazareth??? Give me some!!!!"

Ah, well.... now where's that passage about throwing pearls before swine.... ??

//
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This thread is just another commercial for these dikcheads:

[​IMG]
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

The Prince Messiah Man leadith us into the sh!t:
    The fawning gushing slobbering racist Obama GROUPIES are following this long legged jug eared Chicago "bullsh!t artist" right into the gates of hell, the Lord Thy God weeps for thee, salvation shall follow the destruction brought on by the "False Messiah" by a tall skinny women who is called "Coulter".

Blessed is the "Coulter Womb" for from it shall be born the new kngdom of the Lord Thy God.

The Valley Will Bloom Again
    And Jimmy Will Go To Sleep
    In His Own Little Room Again

There Will Be Love And Laughter
    And Peace Ever After
    Tomorrow Just You Wait And See
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Now THERE's a contradiction in terms!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I had a vision of "the coulter womb" it came to me in a dream.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Tere's a word for those types of dreams...NIGHTMARES!....:eek: