Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former U.S. Navy sailor arrested on terror charges

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PATRIOTS-80, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/07/sailor.arrested.ap/index.html

Traitor.............

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

I wonder if he was a product of lax recruiting standards so that quota's could be kept?? I know they now allow gang members and felons in, so were they lax in their admission standards??

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Probably the PC police who wouldn't allow his Muslim background to be investigated to avoid appearing to be discriminating against people from the middle east who are mulsims.

;)

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The problem is people like you are the first to have a conniption if we apply any sort of additional screening to someone becuase he's a Muslim. Similarly, in airports, people like you want to let the 23 year old Saudi National be treated the exact same as the 78 year old wheelchair bound grandmother of 8.

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wish we would go back to the days of capital punishment for traitors. I just saw the movie "Breach" and it was a decent movie but what I can't figure out is why isn't Hanssen swinging from the gallows at this very moment...?

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

People like me do not believe any of this, the problem is you really believe that you know what I believe, bottom line is you don't know jack **** about me and just assume you do. I do not think that the military should allow anyone who is a gang member, has any terrorist ties or any person who has a record into the service, little value in exposing potential criminals or terrorists no how to use weapons. The problem is that this war has gone on too long and we have let our standards down.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Most liberals will excuse him, he's a Muslim, if he was a Methodist they would want him hung right beside Libby.

They should take the bastard up to the top of the Sears Tower then throw him off and tell him flap his arms like the people on 9/11 did.

What Is The Only Religion In The World That Wants "Death To America"?

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So if I am mistaken, then please by all means feel free to correct me. Do you or do you not support racial profiling..?
    I agree with that, but you're avoiding the point. Should a Muslim applicant to the armed forces undergo extra investigating because he's a Muslim...? Do you or do you not support racial profiling...?

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

There is a difference between racial profiling and identifying potential or actual terrorists, gang members and applicants with criminal records who apply for the military. As a matter of record I do not support racial profiling, as I know how it works and the effects on the people who are profiled. There is a difference between racial profiling and screening out of potential terrorists and criminals from the armed forces.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

When did muslim become a race?

I think we should do a deeper background check on Mormons going for a marriage license, and more in-depth psychological evaluations for Catholic males who want to be elementary school teachers. How's that sound? Fascist enough?

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

That has always boggled the mind. That's where Candyland and the Real World (pun intended) :D collide.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I've reduced you to arguing semantics so that's a pretty sure sign that you have no other response.

Newsflash: The terms "profiling," "ethnic profiling" and "racial profiling" are all appropriate, commonly accepted representations for discussion the profiling of individuals based on race, creed, or other distinguishing factors.

Bad analogy because no innocent party is being harmed or killed if some Mormon commits polygamy.

Fine by me, so long as you can provide evidence that Catholic males who are elementary school teachers are more likely to commit crimes in that position than, say, Baptist males.

So do you have any such evidence, or are you just making stuff up like you normally do..?

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: :rofl:
    So basically I said "people like you" who oppose racial profiling and you got all up in arms about how I was making such horrible assumptions about you and how I didn't know anything about who you really are and then when I ask you a simple question you respond with "As a matter of record I do not support racial profiling.

So basically the assumption I made about you was 100% right.

All too easy..!! :rofl::rofl:

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Nope, just making up stuff as usual.

Nice chatting with you, Grumpy. Having another bad day?

Polygamy is a crime, BTW. It's right up there with illegal immigration, purjury and being a Muslim. You don't see any Constitutional problem with religious profiling? Do you understand that race and religion are two different things, yet?

I wish I was as smart as you. :rocker: :rofl:

Harry, straighten out your dog, will ya?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Traitors are traitors. This guy was an American soldier who was a traitor to his country. When traitors and turncoat spies were caught during the cold war, do you think they were all Chinese-looking or had a Russian accent? What profile did Lee Harvey Oswald have? Profiling is stupid unless it's profiling based on behavior, history, associations, etc. Muslims look and behave very dofferently. A Morroccan bears no resemblance to a Phillipino Muslim in behaviors and politics. A Turk and a Nigerian have completely different motives and cultural behaviors, but are both Muslim. Muslims are as different from each other as Christians or athiests. It is a waste of time.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

From 1998 to 2002, Abujihaad served as a signalman second class aboard the destroyer Benfold.

If it was lax recruiting, you'll have to blame the last administration. :D

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Wista the whole issue was raised due to a question raised about why this guy was uncovered before his enlistment. MY was that because of wanting to be PC, we are afraid to do ethnic or religious profiling.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I understand your point Wistah, and it's not wrong, but I have to agree with Qui here. I don't think you ignore anybody, or anyone, but I do think it's common sense to be a little more prudent with muslims or arabs when you consider the times. Reality is what it is. This shouldn't mean that you ignore anyone altogether, or think any less of their representing a threat, I think it just means using common sense.

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why?.........:confused:

20. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This sailor underwent considerable background investigations after his enlistment and before he was allowed to start performing his duty post mos school if news reports were accurate and he had a top secret security clearance. There apparently was nothing in his past to indicate that he would undertake this treasonous action. Just wanted to clarify the question of whether he was closely examined prior to performing his duties in the Navy.