PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Rams S Willie Gary files lawsuit against Pats [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Former Rams S Willie Gary files lawsuit against Pats

Goodell's fault partly, yes, but Belichick and his refusal to man up and apologize for doing what he did has nothing to do with it? If he'd faced up a lot of this would have blown over by now. Plus it didn't help that he basically threw the finger at the media and anyone else who asked about it. Sometimes it's better to be humble and take your medicine huh?

Man up? Boy, aren't you apiece of work!

What's your definition of "manning up"? A tearful confession-type show on Oprah? A "60 Minutes" interview with Dan Rather, where he contritely (and adroitly) alludes (but does not admit) to the deed, and swears it was not his intention to deceive and mislead the American public, and that he and his wife would make a very good President of the United States?

Maybe a shot on MTV is more to your liking? Get Bon Jovi on there to help him clear up the matter among America's teens?

Or maybe a Tuesday morning appearance on Cold Pizza? Take a few phone calls from the hoi polloi, gloss it over a bit, and like you say, likely blown over by now!

When has the media, especially the Boston media, ever given this guy a break? Essentially flipping the bird at them, as you so eloquently put, makes him (Belichick) the very model of restraint here.

Sometimes it's better to remain quiet and have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, huh?

We thank our lawyer friends for creating an environment in this country where you can sue someone for just about anything.

They view it like this, if you don't play the lottery you don't have a chance to win.

I am with you guys 100% - BLOW THE ROOF OFF OF THIS ENTIRE FREAKING DEAL, once and for all.

I am certain we will be vindicated.

I would love to see BB in front of a grand jury as he has nothing to hide. He will be forced to tell the truth on what all the other teams have been doing. I guarantee there is a whole lot worse stuff going on out there then a simple rule violation.

BLOW IT UP BABY..

Get rid of Anti trust.

Get rid of the draft.

Let the small market team try to compete with us.

Let those teams with publicly funded stadiums try to make ends meet without shared revenues. (where were you on that one Arlen Sphincter?? Where were you when the common man was squeezed out of stadium - like yours in Philly over PSL's??).

Let those clubs with nothing try to compete without a salary cap...good bye Buffalo, Cinnci, Jax, New Orleans, Oakland, Indy, KC, Etc etc, You losers.....

Watch these teams in a small TV market try to compete. They carry high stadium debt and have very little sales dollars off of their hats & shirts.

Time to fight fire with fire....New England will b among the cream of the crop and totally dominate in this game.

Screw the union - bust it wide open and let the players see how they end up.

Bring it....I want to see Goodell & Spector fry first - when public outrage as to how they screwed up the NFL points their fingers where blame really belongs.
I think you should tell the board how you REALLY FEEL. :rolleyes:
Although I think this is a dose of major sarcasim.

Last edited:

Man up? Boy, aren't you apiece of work!

What's your definition of "manning up"? A tearful confession-type show on Oprah? A "60 Minutes" interview with Dan Rather, where he contritely (and adroitly) alludes (but does not admit) to the deed, and swears it was not his intention to deceive and mislead the American public, and that he and his wife would make a very good President of the United States?

Maybe a shot on MTV is more to your liking? Get Bon Jovi on there to help him clear up the matter among America's teens?

Or maybe a Tuesday morning appearance on Cold Pizza? Take a few phone calls from the hoi polloi, gloss it over a bit, and like you say, likely blown over by now!

When has the media, especially the Boston media, ever given this guy a break? Essentially flipping the bird at them, as you so eloquently put, makes him (Belichick) the very model of restraint here.

Sometimes it's better to remain quiet and have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, huh?

Bill should step forward and give an in depth explanation of what he was doing. He should then give a sincere apology for his actions. No smirks, no non answers and no arrogance.

Bill should step forward and give an in depth explanation of what he was doing. He should then give a sincere apology for his actions. No smirks, no non answers and no arrogance.

Why should he do that? Did Mike Shanahan go that route when they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Should he buy time on national TV and tell a rapt and angry nation, "I did not have relations with that video camera"? Should he sell Kraft out for 30 pieces of silver?

Get a life. And while you're busy doing that, see if you can't add a modicum of intelligence to the shopping list.

My God....

Yep -- you listening, Patriotic Fervor (appropriate name by the way)?

Why should he do that? Did Mike Shanahan go that route when they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Should he buy time on national TV and tell a rapt and angry nation, "I did not have relations with that video camera"? Should he sell Kraft out for 30 pieces of silver?

Get a life. And while you're busy doing that, see if you can't add a modicum of intelligence to the shopping list.

My God....

He should do it to because he did not do it when he should have. He would not have to buy any time they would provide it for free. I am sure of that.

Tell us why you guys think this is how it should be done.

Give us firm examples of prior cases when this approach has been taken in the sport, with a good outcome.

Tell us why you think this approach will yield positive results for the players, the coaches, the team, the owners, and most importantly, the fans.

Give us something we can sink our teeth into. Don't give us an Oprah moment...

Stan Musial was a racist cracker

Tell us why you guys think this is how it should be done.

Give us firm examples of prior cases when this approach has been taken in the sport, with a good outcome.

Tell us why you think this approach will yield positive results for the players, the coaches, the team, the owners, and most importantly, the fans.

Give us something we can sink our teeth into. Don't give us an Oprah moment...

Lyle Alzado "cheated" by using and abusing steroids. He eventually manned up and told the truth.

"I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped. It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. 90% of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300 lbs or jump 30ft. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

I gained allot of respect for Lyle's honesty.

Bill Bellichick is stuck in Richard Nixon mode for problem solving.

I think you need a TUMMY CALM: http://www.crying-babies.com/

I'm assuming you are a Rams fan. You guys lost that game the same way we lost to the Giants this SB, you were out hit and the other team was more physical.

I just read Gray is sueing the pats for .............100,000,000 dollars. :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl: It is to laugh.

Lyle Alzado "cheated" by using and abusing steroids. He eventually manned up and told the truth.

"I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped. It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. 90% of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300 lbs or jump 30ft. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

Alzado died of complications from HIV. He lied and blamed steroids because it made him sound a lot tougher than AIDS ("Are you a homosexual, Mr. Alzado?").

In other words, he DID NOT "man up". He lied--over and over and over.

Google it and check out some evidence.

Unless you'd rather just use false examples to take cheap shots at the best NFL coach ever--but if that's what you want to do, why not just type "BB is a horrible person" a dozen times and let it go at that?

I'm suing that crappy safety for emotional distress. I'm tired of hearing about this crap. (even though this one is hilarious)

can't we all get together and do a class-action suit?

I'm suing that crappy safety for emotional distress. I'm tired of hearing about this crap. (even though this one is hilarious)

can't we all get together and do a class-action suit?
He should sue Martz for emotional distress,hes the one that got out-coached and lost the game.

I am so SICK of this garbage. Goodell has lost control of this situation and I feel like I'm watching the NFL spiral down the toilet!

As one of many fans of both the Pats and the Sox who frequent this board, I think that we should launch an investigation into the 2003 Red Sox/Yankees ALCS! We need a class action suit and demand reparations due to Giambi being on steroids when he hit the 2 HR's off of Pedro!

I am beyond amazed that this is happening....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there any type of investigation into Jack Tatum and the other Raiders when they were attempting to cripple players every Sunday? You could make a case for premeditated assault with intent on those guys and nobody said a damn word.

This MESS is a G-Damned Joke!:mad:

Ram fan here

I hate this stuff. The Rams lost that game six years ago because the Pats knocked the snot out of everyone who touched the ball in the first half. It's over. I think the commissioner was probably wise to exact a penalty and try to end it.

I don't think a congressional investigation would do anything positive. Is Bonds any better off because of the Clemmons hearings? Boo Spector, boo Walsh and penalize Belichick five yards for for unnecessary coaching.

Can I sue the Green Bay Packers because they did not try hard enough in the 2002 season finale to beat the NY Jets, keeping the Patriots from winning the AFC East? I spent a lot of money going to those games, and clearly I did not get the maximum enjoyment I could have because the Packers lost 3 hours after the Patriots season ended.

No, no, no, no. You're pulling an Oprah moment on us, just like I asked you not to.

Quite apart from a.paul's post at #53, you now want to equate this camera flap with the steroids problem in general, and Alzado's roid rages in particular? And you want to place Bill Belichick on the same pedestal as Richard Nixon?

Incredible!

Seriously, now, to reclaim a measure of your lost credibility, please address the question as originally stated. Give us something firm, something valid, something rooted in real life. Don't give us "feelings"!

Just show us a case when this tactic has been successfully employed, and what the outcome was. We may not agree with you, but at least we won't think you're blowing smoke out of your arse....

I'm more interested in hearing from Rab "the not pat" who just got internet "owned". And I'm officially opening the "List" back up. Rab you are name number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down