PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Rams S Willie Gary files lawsuit against Pats [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Former Rams S Willie Gary files lawsuit against Pats

what did pats do to piss off people.? Nobody said anything when dolphin's record was 16-0

At this point I'd actually like to see this thing bust wide open. Could you imagine BB in front of congress,and being asked "where did you learn of doing this"? "Or do you know of any other teams that practice this"? Sen. Sphincter are you aware that the coach of the Eagles son was running a crack house?
There possibly be a line of opposing coaches in the halls to testify when,and what they taped,listened to,watched etc. Then we here who are now versed in the whole matter could really say eef you to the rest of the league.....Just say to all STFU,GFY's :rocker:

Again, this is not good... I know this is stupid, but if Kraft keeps getting bad press, the super bowl loss will not be the only thing we are down about.. Im getting pissed about the whole nonsense, because it needs to go away...NOW
I know I have a minority opinion here, but I would very much enjoy seeing an all-out Congressional investigation. IMHO, the best way to get the heat off the Patriots is for other teams to get taken down too.

I am damn sick and tired of the public perception that NE was the only team engaging in such behavior. Let's see some scorched earth...

It's digusting to think Congress would even be somewhat interested in a NFL rule infraction.

At this point I'd actually like to see this thing bust wide open. Could you imagine BB in front of congress,and being asked "where did you learn of doing this"? "Or do you know of any other teams that practice this"? Sen. Sphincter are you aware that the coach of the Eagles son was running a crack house?
Wow... you beat me to the punch by 5 minutes :D I swear I wrote my post which says mostly the same things you said before I saw your post... we certainly share similar sentiments. :D

Last edited:

this is funny.

Willie Gary was a world class Safety.

World Class

There are others here much better versed on the CBa thna I but doesn't it govern whether and under what circumstances a player can file suit against a team or any team????

There are others here much better versed on the CBa thna I but doesn't it govern whether and under what circumstances a player can file suit against a team or any team????

He no longer plays, so I don't think he's covered anymore.

I know I have a minority opinion here, but I would very much enjoy seeing an all-out Congressional investigation. IMHO, the best way to get the heat off the Patriots is for other teams to get taken down too.

I am damn sick and tired of the public perception that NE was the only team engaging in such behavior. Let's see some scorched earth...
I know I click the thread back on and you're post was there. Yeah,we definetly agree on this one. If this all came out it would shock the idiots that follow the mediots. Of course entities like ESPN would pretend that they had no hand in trashing the Pats,that this ws all new sto them. etc.

I hope one of the lawyer-type folks can chime in here, but don't you need to have more than a "hunch" to file a civil lawsuit? I mean, don't you need to have evidence--even if it's circumstantial--that the alleged crime caused actual harm before you can go on an extended fishing hunt? [And, for that matter, isn't there a statute of limitations?]

We thank our lawyer friends for creating an environment in this country where you can sue someone for just about anything.

I guess anybody can sue for anything.

I'll sue Taco Bell for what I just left in the crapper. Pain and sufferering. Oh the humanity!!!!

:D

We thank our lawyer friends for creating an environment in this country where you can sue someone for just about anything.

That wasn't quite my point. I'm not talking about filing a lawsuit, I'm talking about getting a lawsuit to the point where you could actually go to trial, and, for example, compel people to testify/give depositions.

Any chucklehead can file a complaint in federal court. All a complaint has is allegations. Regrettably, history has shown even the lousy cases can find attorneys.

As with all the Spygate garbage, this case means nothing unless this joker can prove (1) the Pats actually videotaped the practice and (2) that videotaping materially affected the outcome of the game and the fortunes of those players. Good luck with that one.

Kinda interesting take on it....which almost brightens it up.

Goodell could have handled this differently and it may have gone away. He didn't he had to be a hard ass and now it wont go away and it is making his league look bad.

I still would rather this have been a non issue but at least it is making Goodell look like an ass.
Goodell's second in command would have handled it differntly. I don't remember his name,but last year when the fins were caught taping audio of our signals he said "Thats football" Now that the way Goodell should have handled it. But he ws new on the job and I agree trying to look like a hard azz.

I am with you guys 100% - BLOW THE ROOF OFF OF THIS ENTIRE FREAKING DEAL, once and for all.

I am certain we will be vindicated.

I would love to see BB in front of a grand jury as he has nothing to hide. He will be forced to tell the truth on what all the other teams have been doing. I guarantee there is a whole lot worse stuff going on out there then a simple rule violation.

BLOW IT UP BABY..

Get rid of Anti trust.

Get rid of the draft.

Let the small market team try to compete with us.

Let those teams with publicly funded stadiums try to make ends meet without shared revenues. (where were you on that one Arlen Sphincter?? Where were you when the common man was squeezed out of stadium - like yours in Philly over PSL's??).

Let those clubs with nothing try to compete without a salary cap...good bye Buffalo, Cinnci, Jax, New Orleans, Oakland, Indy, KC, Etc etc, You losers.....

Watch these teams in a small TV market try to compete. They carry high stadium debt and have very little sales dollars off of their hats & shirts.

Time to fight fire with fire....New England will b among the cream of the crop and totally dominate in this game.

Screw the union - bust it wide open and let the players see how they end up.

Bring it....I want to see Goodell & Spector fry first - when public outrage as to how they screwed up the NFL points their fingers where blame really belongs.

Last edited:

As with all the Spygate garbage, this case means nothing unless this joker can prove (1) the Pats actually videotaped the practice and (2) that videotaping materially affected the outcome of the game and the fortunes of those players. Good luck with that one.

"Mr. Belichick, what is your response to this videotape showing the Rams practice before the Super Bowl?"

"Never seen it before."

"How did Mr. Walsh come to have possession of the tape?"

"You would have to ask him."

"He says you instructed him to secretly videotape the practice. Did you?"

"No."

The burden of proof in federal court is significantly higher than in the court of public opinion. Think any judge wants to go through that mess?

Way to go Goodell. This whole mess is your fault. You had the chance to squash this for what it really was, but instead you overdid it. Happy now?

Goodell's fault partly, yes, but Belichick and his refusal to man up and apologize for doing what he did has nothing to do with it? If he'd faced up a lot of this would have blown over by now. Plus it didn't help that he basically threw the finger at the media and anyone else who asked about it. Sometimes it's better to be humble and take your medicine huh?

My point was that there was actual proof of something going on in that game, and the lawsuit was still laughable. Which makes this one the king of jokes.

Actually, should that original suit by the Jets' "fans" ever see the light of day, no one will be more surprised than the 2 guys who filed the suit.

Really....

"Mr. Belichick, what is your response to this videotape showing the Rams practice before the Super Bowl?"

"Never seen it before."

"How did Mr. Walsh come to have possession of the tape?"

"You would have to ask him."

"He says you instructed him to secretly videotape the practice. Did you?"

"No."

The burden of proof in federal court is significantly higher than in the court of public opinion. Think any judge wants to go through that mess?

Another interesting point--wouldn't Walsh also have to demonstrate that the film was not merely shot, but shot from a "hidden" vantage point? Wouldn't they be able to figure out (to at least a rough approximation) where the camera was, based on what the tape shows?

Goodell's fault partly, yes, but Belichick and his refusal to man up and apologize for doing what he did has nothing to do with it? If he'd faced up a lot of this would have blown over by now. Plus it didn't help that he basically threw the finger at the media and anyone else who asked about it. Sometimes it's better to be humble and take your medicine huh?

BB acknowledged it the way he acknowledges EVERYTHING, with very minimal information and certainly with no apology accompanying that information, and you know why? HE HAS NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR! He tried to keep doing something he and probably 3/4 of the coaches he knows were doing, and he got shot down. Commish leveled the fine, he paid it, he acknowledged that he had made a mistake and said he was moving on. As far as I am concerned with the conduct of Tomase and almost every other media person over the course of this season, he could have literally given them all the finger and I would still be happy he is our coach, because that is what they have proven to deserve, a big FU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back