PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats S Jarrad Page signs with baseball's LA Dodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being far too nice. He switched to baseball because he sucks at football, and he's a longshot to stick around for long in baseball too.

Jarrad Page signs with Los Angeles Dodgers | ProFootballTalk

I really liked Jarrad as a Safety here and was sad to see him go.

I guess the Dodgers saw some Baseball talent in him and now he switches sports.

Best of luck to him in his new gig.

Danny Ainge, Bo Knows, Deion...I like to root for those kind of guys. Hell, look at what Jim Brown (Lacrosse) and Wilt Chamberlain (Volleyball) did.

Not saying he'll have that kind of success, but more power to ya'. Brady was drafted as a Catcher by the Expos. Lightning in a bottle can happen.

So Page goes in as a 27-year-old, extremely raw baseball prospect (lost 7 years of development). He'll be lucky if he ever makes it out of Double-A.

So Page goes in as a 27-year-old, extremely raw baseball prospect (lost 7 years of development). He'll be lucky if he ever makes it out of Double-A.

Yeah, but the ambition and initiative is admirable. I wish him well.

Best of luck to him.

Danny Ainge, Bo Knows, Deion...I like to root for those kind of guys. Hell, look at what Jim Brown (Lacrosse) and Wilt Chamberlain (Volleyball) did.

Not saying he'll have that kind of success, but more power to ya'. Brady was drafted as a Catcher by the Expos. Lightning in a bottle can happen.

Michael Jordan. :)

Anyhow -- if nothing else, this is the better choice for his long-term health.

Yeah, but the ambition and initiative is admirable. I wish him well.

I share the same sentiments. I'm pessimistic his pursuit will end in a major league call-up, but it's nice that he's giving it a shot. May as well since football wasn't cutting it for him.

"Page was drafted by major league clubs three times. In 2002, the Milwaukee Brewers selected him in the second round and offered him $750,000 to sign out of high school."

So there's a chance.........but

"He played baseball at UCLA in 2004-05. In 2005, he hit .149 with one home run and 48 strikeouts in 101 at-bats."

Dodgers sign NFL veteran Jarrad Page - latimes.com

the thing I don't understand is... what do the Dodgers see in him?

Page must have been the player to be named later in the trade to get Brandon Weeden back to football :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes