PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats LT Matt Light heading to work on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN working on a deal for Matt Light

Matt will be good on TV... very cool personality.

Former Pats LT Matt Light heading to work on TV
By: John Morgan

Former Patriots left tackle Matt Light is apparently headed towards a new career in front of the camera. His combination of intelligence, humor, outgoing personality should make him a natural to succeed, and share his insight from eleven years in the NFL....

Matt will be good on TV... very cool personality.

I agree, don't see how he can miss. very well spoken and a great sense of humor.

I agree, don't see how he can miss. very well spoken and a great sense of humor.
Yeah, even his producer will get a good laugh when Matt pulls his first prank on him :)

Saw him on a couple of shows. Seems very articulate and has an easy going way where he brings the level down to us common folk.

If he is interested I think he will make a great color commentator. It'd be cool if he got one of the big gigs like that. I have really enjoyed listening to him speak, as said he comes across as very level-headed, articulate and knowledgeable.

Kudos to ESPN, for once. Too many of these jobs go to guys who were marquee stars at glamour positions but who just don't have the eloquence or personality to be analysts. (Marino, Montana, Emmitt Smith, etc. etc.)

Kudos to ESPN, for once. Too many of these jobs go to guys who were marquee stars at glamour positions but who just don't have the eloquence or personality to be analysts. (Marino, Montana, Emmitt Smith, etc. etc.)

Wasn't Tony Siragusa with ESPN after he retired from the Ravens?

I liked that big man's personna

Wasn't Tony Siragusa with ESPN after he retired from the Ravens?

I liked that big man's personna

I thought he has always been with Fox, hasn't he?

I find Marcellus Wiley to be decent for them in studio, but overall they seem to have more misses than hits when it comes to former athletes in the booth.

I think Marino is doing a good job over at CBS. They have the best crew over there. Well except for Sharpe who sometimes I can't understand. I guess I haven't been watching football long enough because I can't remember seeing Montana on TV. Emmitt Smith literally couldn't speak.

Great news for Light, I'm sure he'll be just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes