PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats LS Bartrum retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2909396&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Bartrum spent last seven years with Eagles
Associated Press

Updated: June 19, 2007, 3:07 PM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles tight end and long snapper Mike Bartrum retired on Tuesday, ending a 13-year career that included appearances in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl.

The 36-year-old Bartrum spent the last seven years of his career with the Eagles after signing with them as a free agent in 2000. He played in 107 games for the Eagles and made the Pro Bowl in 2005.

Bartrum handled all long snapping duties and was used as a backup tight end.

"Retiring as a Philadelphia Eagle is something that is very special for me," he said. "The memories I have shared with the players, coaches and Eagles organization are some of the best memories of my life. The passion and support of the Philadelphia fans is something I will take with me wherever I go, and I feel truly blessed for having had the opportunity to play in front of them."

Bartrum signed as an undrafted free agent with Kansas City in 1993 and played 188 career games with the Chiefs, Green Bay, New England and the Eagles. He played in the Super Bowl with the Patriots and Philadelphia.

Six of Bartrum's 11 career receptions were touchdowns. Only one other player in NFL history (Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel) has as many touchdowns with less than 15 career receptions.

"Mike Bartrum is one of my all-time favorite guys," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Former Pats LS Bartrum retires... and joins the Patriots shadow roster

... and it looks like Vrabel needs to grab that record for himself!

What I also remember about Bratrum is that he had a strong arm...and coukld throw the ball farther than Bledsoe. A great guy...too bad he could not stick around when the pats got even better..and won the Lombardis.

Former Pats LS Bartrum retires... and joins the Patriots shadow roster

I wouldn't be surprised. :)

... and it looks like Vrabel needs to grab that record for himself!

Indeed, since he should already have it (that pass last year missed him, not the other way 'round).

What I also remember about Bratrum is that he had a strong arm...and coukld throw the ball farther than Bledsoe. A great guy...too bad he could not stick around when the pats got even better..and won the Lombardis.

True, supposedly a real class act. He hurt his neck last November vs Indy with a herniated disc and some bone fragments impinging on the spinal cord. At the time, they announced that his career was over. I guess this just made it official.....

Last edited:
Wow, I remember I had an arguement with some other people over the fact that Marc Bulger could be league MVP. I said Bulger in a million years would never become anything close to a league MVP. Then, one Rams fan said anyone could become a league MVP if he tried. So I responded, "right, so Kevin Faulk, or Mike Bartrum could become a league MVP right?"

Lol, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back