PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriots WR Troy Brown to Be Inducted into College Football Hall Of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - The Huntington News reported on Tuesday that former New England Patriot and Marshall University Alum Troy Brown will be inducted into the College Football Hall of fame.According to the report Brown will be inducted during the Enshrinement Festival, July 16-17, in South Bend, Indiana.Brown was a member of Marshall’s 1992 Division I-AA championship team, scoring [...]

We are- MARSHALL! We are - MARSHALL!!

Congrats to a hell of a football player who would in today's draft be UDFA.

Is Troy the best receiver to ever play at Marshall? It looks like it because Randy comes from Rand University.

http://sportsblog.projo.com/2008/07/...niversity.html
biggrin.gif

"Growing up in a low-income area, the one thing we had was a 7-Eleven," explained Moss's business manager and one of his closest friends, Donnie "Blue" Jones. "We've had all-state athletes here, but because of the environment in which they grew up, people in the community would say, 'It doesn't matter. He isn't going anywhere but Rand University.'

"I was an all-state football player, but when they said that to me, what they meant was that when I was done with high school, I'd be standing at the 7-Eleven drinking a cold beer. That's the university. I graduated from there."

School colors: Green, orange, and white.

"When Randy pays homage to that," Jones explained, "he's basically saying, 'I still have my eye on y'all."'

Congrats to Troy :rocker: and true, today he probably would've ended up UDFA.

Yeah Troy.

Great story on Moss. I wish I'd known that before, that's so cool.

Outstanding news, and an honor that is very, very well-deserved.

Congrats, Troy. You should never have been de-acitvated for your last SB; in fact, you should have led the charge out of the tunnel.

Troy was always a class act. Up or down, cut or signed, he always showed up ready to play, prepared to do whatever was needed. He is a standard by which football players ought to be measured.

Outstanding news, and an honor that is very, very well-deserved.

Congrats, Troy. You should never have been de-acitvated for your last SB; in fact, you should have led the charge out of the tunnel.

Not to mention his first SB in 1996.

Good story.. Rand University:D

Troy was always a class act. Up or down, cut or signed, he always showed up ready to play, prepared to do whatever was needed. He is a standard by which football players ought to be measured.

Well said.

Not to mention his first SB in 1996.

It's unfortunate that he & Sam Gash, 2 heart & soul guys and core STers, were injured & unable to play in that game. I forget from where I heard/read this, but the player who replaced Troy on the KO team, Hassan Graham, was the one who whiffed on the tackle that sprung Desmond Howard for the game-clinching TD. That same source stated that Troy would've made that tackle just he had all year long. Ah well...

Troy Brown was a special player! Mr. Patriot deserves it! Congratulations Troy!:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes