PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriots FB Kevin Turner not given long to live

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kevin,A former third round pick at FB of the Pats in 1994 has ALS and as we all know that almost always spells doom for the person afflicted by it.

I remember Kevin as a pretty solid player for us and it would not hurt to say a few silent prayers for Kevin's life to at least stick around with us longer then they think.

Kevin Turner's rugged road - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Last edited:
Kevin,A former first round pick at FB of the Pats in 1994 has ALS and as we all know that almost always spells doom for the person afflicted by it.

I remember Kevin as a pretty solid player for us and it would not hurt to say a few silent prayers for Kevin's life to at least stick around with us longer then they think.

Kevin Turner's rugged road - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Actually KT was a 3rd rounder in 1992.

Regardless, his story is a sad one.

I remember KT well. He was one of my favorites.. I hated it when the Pats let him go to the Eagles..

My prayers go out to him and his family.

I wonder if it's really ALS, which is a really rare disease. Supposedly symptoms of concussion syndrome mimic ALS. It might not matter as to the prognosis though.

I remember KT well. He was one of my favorites.. I hated it when the Pats let him go to the Eagles..

My prayers go out to him and his family.

Same here. Well said. Loved the player; hated to see him go.

Prayers for him and his family.

That sucks.

I'm not too familiar with him, except that at home I have the New England Patriots Greatest Hits CD and there's a clip of him catching a game-winning pass in a big comeback. Off the top of my head I can't remember if it was against the Vikings or the Dolphins but I'm sure someone here can tell us.

I was 9 when we drafted him anything I remember about football before that is pretty vague. I know I still have quite a few of his football cards from my childhood collection. Sad news, best wishes.

Sad to hear. Best wishes to KT and his family. He did contribute well to this team when he was here.

Prayers to KT, his family, and his friends.

My thoughts and prayers to him and his family. I remember him as real solid player back during the Drew years.

Never saw him play, but thoughts out to his family.

It was the Vikings comeback game in which he made the game winning catch....and I actually met the man at a card signing and he was awesome to my daughter who was with me that day..Little known fact...he was actually the 1st player to score points when Kraft took over the Pats (saw the signed football in the Pats HOF). Very sad to read this story and my sincere thoughts and prayers are to Kevin and his family.

This type of story always puts strikes by and against m(b)illionaires in the proper perspective.

It is just the human condition....I wish him the best for the time he has left...long or short.....as I would for anybody.

prayers to kevin and his family - had a neighbor die from ALS - such a long anguishing disease ... sad to see anyone with it.

It was the Vikings comeback game in which he made the game winning catch....and I actually met the man at a card signing and he was awesome to my daughter who was with me that day..Little known fact...he was actually the 1st player to score points when Kraft took over the Pats (saw the signed football in the Pats HOF). Very sad to read this story and my sincere thoughts and prayers are to Kevin and his family.

Maybe I am thinking about the same play, but wasn't the catch a diving catch in the end zone in Foxboro?

This is sad, I lost an aunt to this disease. My prayers for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes