PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot's CB Ellis Hobbs retires due to injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT:Former Patriots CB Ellis Hobbs retires due to injury

Too bad for Ellis. I never believed Rivers when he called him, "The sorriest corner in the league."
Unlike Sanders injuries, Ellis could have permanent spinal cord damage from a neck injury. Sanders has mainly injured things like shoulders, biceps, etc.

Looking at the big picture, Sanders long term quality of life will be poor... All those injuries will add up. That's why its time to hang it up. He's already said he won't change his style of play.

I was an Ellis Hobbs fan.

He was a smurf with a big heart, a clutch kick returner, and a decent cornerback. He wasn't the best corner, but he was still the #2 corner on a team that went 18-1, and I believe in the Superbowl he played with a torn groin. He was very tough and played through injuries, many of which we probably never even knew about.

Best of luck to him in his life after football.

Best wishes to Ellis who was a tough player here for the Pats contributing at CB and KR playing thru injuries. I hope his post football health is good and wish him happiness.

We have bingo.

At the risk of sounding like a real jerk, I wish Hobbs the best, and hope he is okay, but while I think the injury was the major factor in this decision, as an Eagle his play had fallen of a cliff. He wasn't effective as a kick returner anymore. He was burnt often as a CB.

In other words, I doubt he would have made an NFL team if he had come back.

Yeah, you do, but you said it, not anyone of us...

Unfortunately for many of us,our positive reminder of Hobbs in New England was tainted by the lofted pass by Eli over Hobbs and into the outstretched arms of Plaxico Burress to all but end our quest for perfection.

I don't blame him for that one. Hobbs (5'9") one-on-one against Plax (6'5")? Really?

What I dont understand still is that we basically traded him for Ornberger who hasnt seen the field. Hobbs for 2 5ths, 2 5ths for a 4th which we took Ornberger. Backup center?? We can hope cant we?

I don't blame him for that one. Hobbs (5'9") one-on-one against Plax (6'5")? Really?

Too bad Ellis didn't slap him in the leg. You know he never kept the safety on.

Too bad Ellis didn't slap him in the leg. You know he never kept the safety on.

Too bad he didn't have "safety help". I will never understand why the Pats sent seven rushers on that play.

he should've retired earlier.could've saved a couple of years of my life aswell.

I'm going to remember the Hobbit's many great plays for us. If there's one to regret then it's the bogus PI in the AFCCG. I'm sorry for him not hitting a decent payday like David Givens.

Will always remember him as the guy who was 1-on-1 with Plax in the game that shall not be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back