Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former Patriots bust RB Cedric Cobbs signs with Arena Football's Arkansas Twisters

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

Re: Former Patriots bust RB Cedric Cobbs signs with Arena Football's Arkansas Twister

Eh, it could be worse. It could be the NIFL.

I attended a NIFL game once, and remember two things about it:

(1) They had a contest where a "lucky" fan would have a chance to kick a field goal. If you made the goal, you'd "win" a job as the starting kicker the next week. :eek:

(2) That was the game where the team--the apparently now defunct Myrtle Beach Sting Rays--introduced their new "theme song", which apparently consisted of rappers randomly stating "What up," "Word up," and "Get up." [To borrow from Coffee Talk, it was neither a "theme" nor a "song." :p ]
  3. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: Former Patriots bust RB Cedric Cobbs signs with Arena Football's Arkansas Twister

maybe he will turn it around
  4. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Who knew? He averaged about 8 yards a carry in an offense with no passing attack, so the defenders stacked against the run.

I could see him not making the Patriots. He couldn't learn to pass block. But Denver picked him up. THey couldn't do anything with him?
  5. #56300ex

#56300ex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh well, at least he figured out how to play football while earning a living. I can think of many more jobs that are worse. (as I put my welding hood back on)
  6. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

I wouldn't call a 4th round pick a bust. He had some talent. There was a reason he didn't go until the fourth.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I believe he had a leg injury sometime in college that made his stock drop,If I remember correctly I believe he was supposed to originally have been thought as a second round pick until the injury.
  8. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Wasn't this the same player that went to Denver and called out Belichick for the way he treated players or am I thinking of someone else?
  9. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

He also had character concerns, I believe. He hasn't exactly bowled over teams with his winning attitude, so I think that's been his real problem. Leg injuries heal, crappy attitudes usually don't.
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Yes, although I'm not sure of the details.
  11. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.