PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Damien Woody Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody would have been a Patriot for a much longer time - probably his entire career - if he could have simply learned how to do a shotgun snap.

Then we wouldn't feel compelled to dislike him for the uniform he ended up wearing.

I want to remember Woody for his early career contributions as a Patriot, and for being a BC alum, not for what I would consider an unfortunate end to his career (being a Jet). But I feel the same way about Curtis Martin, sans the BC connection of course.

Last edited:
I want to remember Woody for his early career contributions as a Patriot, and for being a BC alum, not for what I would consider an unfortunate end to his career (being a Jet). But I feel the same way about Curtis Martin, sans the BC connection of course.

When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all your life

Sorry he didn't stay a Pat
Enjoy retirement Woody!

Last edited:
When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all your life

Sorry he didn't stay a Pat
Enjoy retirement Woody!

Didnt he join in running his mouth about the Pats? I think he did.

F him and F Curtis Martin, I dont fault Adam V so much because I believe the split was sort of mutual. AV's kick offs were becoming an issue.

Didnt he join in running his mouth about the Pats? I think he did.

F him and F Curtis Martin, I dont fault Adam V so much because I believe the split was sort of mutual. AV's kick offs were becoming an issue.

Yes he did. He said something about Spygate. Odd since he was here during the SB winning years...moron.. screw him.

Yes he did. He said something about Spygate. Odd since he was here during the SB winning years...moron.. screw him.

I seem to recall Woody as being one of those that for whatever reason felt it was necessary to offer his opinion on Tom Brady's hair last fall. I don't remember him saying anything about spygate, but considering all the noise that was coming out of northern New Jersey last year it would have been very easy for me to have missed it or forgotten about it.

I seem to recall Woody as being one of those that for whatever reason felt it was necessary to offer his opinion on Tom Brady's hair last fall. I don't remember him saying anything about spygate, but considering all the noise that was coming out of northern New Jersey last year it would have been very easy for me to have missed it or forgotten about it.

It wasn't that bad when you compare his comments about it versus Kris Jenkins but it pissed me off esp since he was a Patriot during the SB winning years. Wish we could ask for the ring back.

Woody would have been a Patriot for a much longer time - probably his entire career - if he could have simply learned how to do a shotgun snap.

Then we wouldn't feel compelled to dislike him for the uniform he ended up wearing.
Possibly, but as it turns out we were better off with the way it worked out. Woody got heavily overpaid by Detroit, overate, and turned out to be pretty much a bust for them. He had a decent end to his career moving to T with the Jets, but never played at a level consistent with the contract he got when he left here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down