Former Patriot alleges illegal contact drills at Texans minicamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Story here.

With a brief video from former Pats OL Dan Stevenson.

Cheating cheaters should forfeit their 1st round pick, and Gary Kubiak should be fined $500,000 and all of their... um... accomplishments should be tainted from this point forward.

I wonder if Kubiak will get slammed by the media and fans like Belichick did when Ted Johnson was misquoted in saying that the Pats made him practice with a concusion.

That's ugly stuff. Three offensive linemen lost for the season in a non-pads minicamp drill? That's not merely against the rules, but nuts. Why would you have your players keep going, despite their complaints, when one after another tears a labrum? If it's true, shame on Kubiak and his staff.

That's ugly stuff. Three offensive linemen lost for the season in a non-pads minicamp drill? That's not merely against the rules, but nuts. Why would you have your players keep going, despite their complaints, when one after another tears a labrum? If it's true, shame on Kubiak and his staff.
Alex Gibbs...

If this is true, the Texans should be on the hook for a lot of money.

The team requires an activity that is strictly prohibited, then 3 players all get hurt with season ending injuries? W-T-F!

No one cares about Kubiak. He's nothing. The reason BB gets slammed is because he's a winner, a somebody. Kubiak could never be heard of again... few would care.

i got made fun of it a couple years back for saying it, and ill get made fun of again for it but i don't care.............

I threw shotput and discus against this guy in high school. he's very large and was a nice person.

Last edited:

Messed up indeed. :(

FWIW, patchick, I think they meant that three guys went down in the minicamp, not doing this one specific drill.

FWIW, patchick, I think they meant that three guys went down in the minicamp, not doing this one specific drill.

Not literally one drill, perhaps, but all offensive linemen and all apparently tearing apart their shoulders in full-speed no-pads blocking drills. Get a clue, coaching staff!

8-8*

10char

I watched BSPN's Outside the Lines program this morning just to see this story. What scares me is how coaches just ignore this rule even though it's stated very clearly in the CBA. Apparently the NFLPA is talking about trying to make it even more clear in the new CBA, even though you can't get much more explicit than how it's written now.

Funny thing is, there was talk that this happens all the time, this is just the first time some players really decided to make a big deal out of it. Kinda like... videotaping hand signals??? (Except this is a violation that actually matters.)

Goodell has painted himself into a corner.

Obviously, this is an infraction that's at least as serious as spygate, so anything less that a #1 would clearly show his pro-NY, anti-Patriot bias. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, or a bigger hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes