PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Cowboys RB Felix Jones visiting the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't be angry if Felix freaking Jones' cap hit was more than 2.25 million dollars next season? :confused:

Not only are we talking about the position of RB which is generally a lower paying position, we're talking about a RB who would potentially be no higher than our RB3 or RB4.

Who besides Ridley do you consider a lock ahead of Felix Jones?
We have no one who has come close to his NFL production.

The comment was about monetary value. No, I don't personally expect Felix Jones to be the kind of player who would have a higher cap hit than 2.25 million dollars.

I would expect him to be brought in for possible competition with Shane Vereen and Leon Washington for 3rd down reps, and even potentially be camp fodder.

We're talking about a guy who's pretty much been a 1st round bust, has started less than 30% of games in his 5 year career as the 22nd player taken in the draft, has fumbled 7x in his last 28 games, and who couldn't beat out Marion Barber as the lead back for the Dallas Cowboys, at a position that does not generall pay too well....

I am outright shocked that you would approve of a JAG 3rd down back (who would split reps, no less) coming in and having a salary cap hit of 2.25 million dollars.

As I said, I'm all for the added competition. I don't think that is ever a 'bad' thing. I would expect him to compete and maybe even gain a spot on the 53 man roster, and I think he could offer a split/insurance as a 3rd down back and Woodhead replacement player catching passes from the backfield if Belichick agrees; but I personally wouldn't want it to be for a cap hit in that range. Maybe you feel differently. It's possible that I am undervaluing his worth, but I'd expect it to be no higher than about 75% of that.

All of our RB's offer different skillsets, which is a good thing. I think they are all "locks" for different reasons, as most of us do.

RIDLEY--lead back coming off of a 1300 yd/ 12 TD season

VEREEN--the lead candidate to take over the 3rd down role, who showed promise late in the season. The fact that he's cheap and under a rookie contract is only to his benefit. If you don't see him as a "lock," I don't know what to say

WASHINGTON--our answer to the ST/KR problems. Currently has the most returns for TD's on KO's in the entire NFL with 9. Also an insurance policy or a role player for 3rd down reps. If anyone is going to be in potential trouble for a spot taken by F.Jones (if this subject is even passing Belichick's mind) it'd likely be Washington, although that immediately weakens the bolstering of our ST's at the same time

BOLDEN/BLOUNT--our shorter yardage/goal line, bruiser back. Only one will likely make it, although Bolden is overrated, he has shown potential and has even been able to take lead carries in certain situations--as has Blount. The fact that Belichick chose to give up a draft pick for Blount's competition tells me that he at least expects him as a 50/50 chance to beat out Bolden for this role

So by this thinking, we should all be considering Michael Jenkins and Levelle Hawkins as severe competition for the WR spots over the unproven rookie draft picks, since we don't have any players with as much " NFL production???"

I'm not seeing this statement as making much sense, which is a surprise coming from someone as intelligent and proven as yourself. Generally I tend to agree with about 90% of what you have to say, but I think our thoughts on the RB's and maybe Felix Jones in general are differing here. In the big picture they probably aren't as different as I'm making it out to be, but I would be shocked if he had a salary cap hit of almost 2.5 million dollars--and that's how we started out the conversation.

If Felix Jones got a contract with a $2.25M cap hit, then Jones would be expected to competer for the #2 RB spot.

With all of our RBs offering different skillsets, any RB who makes it on the 53 man roster is expected to be able to take over lead reps in case of injury; as we've seen in the past with some ridiculous choices that have been used by Belichick.

I can see Belichick kicking the tires on a guy like Jones for potential 3rd down catches, but I don't think his 7 fumbles in the last 28 games would go over too well with Belichick in terms of using him as what you refer to as a "#2 RB" as it pertains to carrying the football for prolonged periods of time.

I would think that if it came down to it, he'd be here strictly to compete with Vereen/Washington, whereas 2 of the 3 would make it. I don't see many scenarios where Belichick would feel comfortable giving Jones lead back carries in the case where Ridley couldn't play for a 5-6 game stretch.

I think that responsibility would revert back to the RBBC system that we've seen in many instances, thus making the "RB #2" argument pointless--unless talked by amongst fans. We've seen flat out FB's start games here and gain 100+ yds. We've seen short yardage backs start games here and gain 100+ yds. We've seen cast-offs and over the hill JAGs start games here and gain 100+ yds.

Ball handling and the ability to not turn the ball over are looked at as much higher traits of importance as opposed to how us fans 'rate' the depth chart of the running backs. It's not as much of a RBBC approach with the emergence of Stevan Ridley, but you can bet your *** it would revert back to that RBBC approach should Ridley go down for a stretch, at least if Felix Jones were the lead backup option anyway.

LOL, an upgrade to Woodhead? Dude can't get out of bed without tripping over something and injuring himself. I don't mind giving Felix a tryout but don't depend on him for anything beyond 'breather' minutes.

I tend to agree with you, at least in terms of not being here for anything beyond 3rd down reception opportunities (which he has proven capable of) in a split role with Vereen/Washington. To me, that does not equate to being an "upgrade" to Woodhead in terms of talent--nor pay scale compensation.

Quite a bit of commentary that doesnt really address my point: you saying he would be 3rd or 4th at best. (Note there may have been confusion in my post as I meant lock to e higher on thedepth chart[I than Jones.

The comment was about monetary value. No, I don't personally expect Felix Jones to be the kind of player who would have a higher cap hit than 2.25 million dollars.
I'm not really concerned about the cost, I'm talking about the player and his role.

I would expect him to be brought in for possible competition with Shane Vereen and Leon Washington for 3rd down reps, and even potentially be camp fodder.
I disagree that this is the highest use or only use of Felix Jones.

We're talking about a guy who's pretty much been a 1st round bust, has started less than 30% of games in his 5 year career as the 22nd player taken in the draft, has fumbled 7x in his last 28 games, and who couldn't beat out Marion Barber as the lead back for the Dallas Cowboys, at a position that does not generall pay too well....
Starts is not a very relevant stat.
I could care less where he was drafted. I know he has been a productive players rushing for over 2700 yards at 4.8 per carry.
Not sure where you get that he couldn't beat out Barber, since, umm, he did.

I am outright shocked that you would approve of a JAG 3rd down back (who would split reps, no less) coming in and having a salary cap hit of 2.25 million dollars.
I wouldn't but we aren't talking about that we are talking about Felix Jones.

As I said, I'm all for the added competition. I don't think that is ever a 'bad' thing. I would expect him to compete and maybe even gain a spot on the 53 man roster, and I think he could offer a split/insurance as a 3rd down back and Woodhead replacement player catching passes from the backfield if Belichick agrees; but I personally wouldn't want it to be for a cap hit in that range. Maybe you feel differently. It's possible that I am undervaluing his worth, but I'd expect it to be no higher than about 75% of that.
Jones would start camp as the backup to Ridley, and if he has the skills left that he has exhibited, outside a down year last season, he would probably keep it. Again, who do you expect to take that spot over him, remembering you essentially said he wouldn't even be in the running.

All of our RB's offer different skillsets, which is a good thing. I think they are all "locks" for different reasons, as most of us do.
Other than Ridley there are only question marks.

RIDLEY--lead back coming off of a 1300 yd/ 12 TD season

VEREEN--the lead candidate to take over the 3rd down role, who showed promise late in the season. The fact that he's cheap and under a rookie contract is only to his benefit. If you don't see him as a "lock," I don't know what to say
A 3rd down back with 8 career catches and 300 rushing yards is hardly a lock.
Vereen has been active for 18 games in 2 years. Thats 4 less than Ron Brace in his first 2 years.

WASHINGTON--our answer to the ST/KR problems. Currently has the most returns for TD's on KO's in the entire NFL with 9. Also an insurance policy or a role player for 3rd down reps. If anyone is going to be in potential trouble for a spot taken by F.Jones (if this subject is even passing Belichick's mind) it'd likely be Washington, although that immediately weakens the bolstering of our ST's at the same time
Washington has caught 23 passes in 3 years. He woud not be playing RB before Felix Jones and certainly wouldn't he a reason Jones is no better than a 3rd or 4th back.

BOLDEN/BLOUNT--our shorter yardage/goal line, bruiser back.
Huh? When have we ever had one of those?

Only one will likely make it, although Bolden is overrated, he has shown potential and has even been able to take lead carries in certain situations--as has Blount. The fact that Belichick chose to give up a draft pick for Blount's competition tells me that he at least expects him as a 50/50 chance to beat out Bolden for this role
Neither have shown as much on a NFL field as Felix Jones.
Jones wasn't durable enough to cut it as a #1 but he has been a perfect example of the guy who be great in the 2nd back role that BB has used guys like Taylor, Morris, BGJE and Ridley in. Being able to fill some or all of Woodhead's role is another possibility.

So by this thinking, we should all be considering Michael Jenkins and Levelle Hawkins as severe competition for the WR spots over the unproven rookie draft picks, since we don't have any players with as much " NFL production???"
You are better than that.
"By this thinking" Jones is not no more than a 3rd or 4th RB on a team with 1 guy and a bunch of questions.

I'm not seeing this statement as making much sense, which is a surprise coming from someone as intelligent and proven as yourself. Generally I tend to agree with about 90% of what you have to say, but I think our thoughts on the RB's and maybe Felix Jones in general are differing here.
Nothing beyond Ridley is reliable or proven to be as good as Jones has proven. Not sure how hard that is to get. Maybe you should look into Jones a little deeper and not dismiss him as a 'first round bust' ad recognize he has been more productive than Woodhead, that we have no legitimate #2 back and you have handed Woodheads job to a guy with 8 career receptions.

In the big picture they probably aren't as different as I'm making it out to be, but I would be shocked if he had a salary cap hit of almost 2.5 million dollars--and that's how we started out the conversation.
My part of the conversation had nothing to do with money, but that you said he had no chance to be more than the 3rd or 4th RB.

I think Vereen is a legit back. Or did you forget the playoff game where he took over against the Texans?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/sports/football/patriots-ground-game-runs-over-texans.html?_r=0

Sounds like you are enamored with Felix Jones, AJ. Hope he lives up to your expectations. It should be an interesting camp for the RBs. At least we know we can count on Ridley for sure. And we have plenty of talent in the cupboard.

The real question for me is how will the revamp of the WRs work out for us?

My part of the conversation had nothing to do with money, but that you said he had no chance to be more than the 3rd or 4th RB.

We initially began our discussion with you responding to my quote about the monetary value. That's what I was solely discussing, and specifically why I addressed the previous poster with my comment of "you wouldn't be angry if Felix Jones' cap hit were more than 2.25 million dollars?" The whole discussion that we were having was about monetary cost.

I understand that you changed around the discussion when you addressed me, which is what generally happens in these posts/threads, but I was still on a different plane with thoughts of monetary value, so my responses were meaning to address that point mainly.

I have no problem with Jones (or anyone for that matter) being brought in for added competition. I do not believe that Felix Jones would be our "#2 RB" due to Belichick's committment to using RB's to carry the ball who do not have a tendancy to fumble. I don't believe that Jones would be used in a primary running role due to his 7 fumbles in his last 28 games, but I do believe that he can add something as a 3rd down back who catches passes out of the backfield, which is something that he's excelled at in my opinion with catches totaling 48, 33, and 26 in his last three years.

I do not believe that Jones would be asked to handle the bulk of the rushes if Ridley went down...no. I think that Belichick would be valuing him as competition for a 3rd down RB, and that is why I do not agree with posters who feel he'd be a "#2 RB" here. I think that if Ridley went down we'd use someone else (most likely a RBBC or less likely the hot hand approach), due to Jones' issues holding onto the ball.

We initially began our discussion with you responding to my quote about the monetary value.
This is not correct. My response was solely to you stating he wouldb't be more that a 3rd or 4th RB at best.

That's what I was solely discussing, and specifically why I addressed the previous poster with my comment of "you wouldn't be angry if Felix Jones' cap hit were more than 2.25 million dollars?" The whole discussion that we were having was about monetary cost.
But that was NOT all you were discussing because you stated the above, which was the part of your post I addressed.

I understand that you changed around the discussion when you addressed me, which is what generally happens in these posts/threads, but I was still on a different plane with thoughts of monetary value, so my responses were meaning to address that point mainly.
Again, I responded to a part of your post.

I have no problem with Jones (or anyone for that matter) being brought in for added competition. I do not believe that Felix Jones would be our "#2 RB" due to Belichick's committment to using RB's to carry the ball who do not have a tendancy to fumble.
Then why even look at him? Really he had one season, 2 years ago with fumble issues, otherwise it has not been a problem, so you are overstating this.

I don't believe that Jones would be used in a primary running role due to his 7 fumbles in his last 28 games, but I do believe that he can add something as a 3rd down back who catches passes out of the backfield, which is something that he's excelled at in my opinion with catches totaling 48, 33, and 26 in his last three years.
If his fumbling ruled him out, he wouldn't be brought in. You can fumble on 3rd down too. You are reaching here.

I do not believe that Jones would be asked to handle the bulk of the rushes if Ridley went down...no.
Who would?

I think that Belichick would be valuing him as competition for a 3rd down RB, and that is why I do not agree with posters who feel he'd be a "#2 RB" here. I think that if Ridley went down we'd use someone else (most likely a RBBC or less likely the hot hand approach), due to Jones' issues holding onto the ball.
Again, in one season he had 5 fumbles. Other than that it hasn't been an issue.

Ridley had 4 in 16 games last year, plus another in the playoffs, so 5 in 18 is worse than 7 in 28.
Corey Dillon had 10 fumbles in his last 32 games before BB acquired him, so your point is pointless.

I think Vereen is a legit back. Or did you forget the playoff game where he took over against the Texans?
I like Vereen, but one game doesn't exactly make him reliable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/sports/football/patriots-ground-game-runs-over-texans.html?_r=0

I'm more concerned about depth and reliablity that enamored with Jones.

Hope he lives up to your expectations. It should be an interesting camp for the RBs. At least we know we can count on Ridley for sure. And we have plenty of talent in the cupboard.
I don't really have expectations. I would hope he has a tremendous camp and still gets cut because everyone else made big strides. But we have to be realistic.

The real question for me is how will the revamp of the WRs work out for us?
That doesn't preclude talking about other players and positions.

This is not correct. My response was solely to you stating he wouldb't be more that a 3rd or 4th RB at best.

But that was NOT all you were discussing because you stated the above, which was the part of your post I addressed.

Again, I responded to a part of your post.

Then why even look at him? Really he had one season, 2 years ago with fumble issues, otherwise it has not been a problem, so you are overstating this.

If his fumbling ruled him out, he wouldn't be brought in. You can fumble on 3rd down too. You are reaching here.

Who would?

Again, in one season he had 5 fumbles. Other than that it hasn't been an issue.

Ridley had 4 in 16 games last year, plus another in the playoffs, so 5 in 18 is worse than 7 in 28.
Corey Dillon had 10 fumbles in his last 32 games before BB acquired him, so your point is pointless.

You make it very difficult to have a reasonable discussion sometimes, Andy, and I don't mean that as a sign of disrespect because I think you're a brilliant poster who I think highly of.

Breaking down sentence by sentence like an attorney trying to win a Supreme Court case.....what's the use? It's exhausting, and it makes it difficult to even remember what the initial difference in opinions was :confused:

The bottom line is that you feel Felix Jones is a viable candidate to be our RB2, while I think he is competition (at best) for a potential 3rd down role...and that's "IF" he even gets another thought from Belichick and/or makes the 53 man roster, which is probably very, very doubtful. It's really that simple.

It's nothing more than a difference of opinions about a player's worth. We'll have to see who is closer to being correct as time wears on.

Keep in mind that the whole debate started in response to my comments about how much money Jones was worth, which we actually seem to be in agreement on. Everything else is just a difference of personal opinions.

It is not whether I or any other poster deems jones worthy of millions and a role in the offense. It is belichicks choice. Why get mad if belichick decided that jone was worth brinng in for high dollar amounts?

Personally, I think jones scuks. But if belichick has a different opinion, well I ain't gonna say he is wrong.

You make it very difficult to have a reasonable discussion sometimes, Andy, and I don't mean that as a sign of disrespect because I think you're a brilliant poster who I think highly of.
I think this is a very reasonable conversation. We are discussing a players potential role along with the players we have and how he would fit in. What is unreasonable? I disagree with many of yuor comments and am explaining my disagreement.

Breaking down sentence by sentence like an attorney trying to win a Supreme Court case.....what's the use? It's exhausting, and it makes it difficult to even remember what the initial difference in opinions was :confused:
Breaking down the post serves to identify which comment my response replies to.
The difference of opinion started as you saying Jones would be 3rd or 4th RB at best, and has grown into other facets of the discussion such as the reliablity of what we current have at the position and your exaggeration of Jones as a fumbler.

The bottom line is that you feel Felix Jones is a viable candidate to be our RB2, while I think he is competition (at best) for a potential 3rd down role...and that's "IF" he even gets another thought from Belichick and/or makes the 53 man roster, which is probably very, very doubtful. It's really that simple.
Of course I have asked if you think he is not a viable #2 who is? But you have not answered that and instead chose to complain that I don't agree with you.
This is the crux of the disagreement, who is the #2 that he has no chance of beating out, but you have decided not to share your thoughts on that, and instead critique the way i write my post.

It's nothing more than a difference of opinions about a player's worth. We'll have to see who is closer to being correct as time wears on.
This board would be very boring if all player evaluation discussions we simply we will see what happens.

Keep in mind that the whole debate started in response to my comments about how much money Jones was worth, which we actually seem to be in agreement on. Everything else is just a difference of personal opinions.
You keep saying this, but my response had nothing to do with that, but solely about his role. Can we at least, finally, agree that while you were talking to someone else about the money, that my part of the discussion had nothing to do with that? Talk about hard to have a reasonable discussion with? Half of your responses are directed at a part of the conversation that I've stated 3 times is not what I am talking about, and you are still repeating it.

I notice that you brought up fumbling a number of times, but when I researched the actual facts, you just ignored it. Does that mean you recognie you were off the mark there?

He just signed with the Eagles.

your exaggeration of Jones as a fumbler.

Jones fumbles 7 times in his last 28 games....really? An "exaggeration?"

Of course I have asked if you think he is not a viable #2 who is? But you have not answered that and instead chose to complain that I don't agree with you.
This is the crux of the disagreement, who is the #2 that he has no chance of beating out, but you have decided not to share your thoughts on that, and instead critique the way i write my post.

I think Shane Vereen has been brought along to take over that role primarily, with the possibility that even L.Washington can add something as a 3rd down back in a lesser role. We also have Blount and Bolden, who have certainly shown flashes with 100 yd games, something that Felix Jones has not done too many times lately.

It really doesn't matter who I personally think is our "#2RB" anyway. If Ridley goes down, Belichick expects any active RB on the roster to be able to give the team hard running reps, as we've seen when outright FB's, older/over the hill RB's, and RB's who are low on the depth chart start games in N.England.

It may not be as much of a RBBC system now with Ridley as in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a couple of different RB's got the bulk of carries if he missed a handful of games.

ESPN Boston reports today that Vereen is the RB2, for that it's worth. I have no reason to believe that he shouldn't be able to handle that role in year 3. If Belichick feels differently, he'll go out and make a move or pick up a castoff to add to the competition, just like any other year. Giving the ball to a proven fumbler who has gone down in production because someone isn't "proven" yet doesn't make any sense.

I notice that you brought up fumbling a number of times, but when I researched the actual facts, you just ignored it. Does that mean you recognie you were off the mark there?

Again, I consider 7 fumbles in a player's last 28 games or a 1/4 per game fumbling mark to be too high for a team who is known to bench its star players for turning the ball over. You seem to feel that is "exaggerated."

It doesn't matter anyway, because Belichick passed on the almighty Felix Jones, as Philly decided to give him a 1 yr trial.

Jones fumbles 7 times in his last 28 games....really? An "exaggeration?"
You said BB wouldn't play him because of those fumbles, yet he acquired and played Corey Dillon who had fumbled more and Ridley fumbled more than that. He chose to play players who fumbled more frequently.

I think Shane Vereen has been brought along to take over that role primarily, with the possibility that even L.Washington can add something as a 3rd down back in a lesser role. We also have Blount and Bolden, who have certainly shown flashes with 100 yd games, something that Felix Jones has not done too many times lately.
Perhaps Vereen could but given his first 2 years, he is certainly not a lock. He could be injured or unproductive. He didn't earn that role his first 2 years with very little competition.
Leon Washington is not in the discussion as a #2.
Blount and Bolden have not produced like Jones has. Could they have earned the job over him, sure, but Jones certainly wasn't never going to challenge for the job, in fact he would probably have been the favorite from that group.

It really doesn't matter who I personally think is our "#2RB" anyway. If Ridley goes down, Belichick expects any active RB on the roster to be able to give the team hard running reps, as we've seen when outright FB's, older/over the hill RB's, and RB's who are low on the depth chart start games in N.England.
That has little to do with who would earn the job.

It may not be as much of a RBBC system now with Ridley as in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a couple of different RB's got the bulk of carries if he missed a handful of games.
l'll remind you that your comment I disagreed with was that Jones was 3rd or 4th at best. Giving other possible permuations doesn't equal that.

ESPN Boston reports today that Vereen is the RB2, for that it's worth.
He should be.

I have no reason to believe that he shouldn't be able to handle that role in year 3.
How about the fact that he couldn't handle in his first 2 years? How about being injury prone. I would prefer him to earn it too, but it would not be handed to him with Felix Jones having no chance, and if Vereen repeats his issues of his first year and 3/4s, you will wish we had someone else.

If Belichick feels differently, he'll go out and make a move or pick up a castoff to add to the competition, just like any other year. Giving the ball to a proven fumbler who has gone down in production because someone isn't "proven" yet doesn't make any sense.
Which is why he looked at Jones. Decisions about playing time are not made by who is proven, but unproven players often wilt when competing for playing time. Surely you understand this?
If Jones is a 'proven fumbler' then so is Ridley and so was Dillon. You have no argument there, and continuing to frame it just detracts from legitimate discussion.

Again, I consider 7 fumbles in a player's last 28 games or a 1/4 per game fumbling mark to be too high for a team who is known to bench its star players for turning the ball over. You seem to feel that is "exaggerated."
So we should cut Ridley? He fumbled more than 1/4 per game last year.
Dillon should have never been acquired too I guess.

It doesn't matter anyway, because Belichick passed on the almighty Felix Jones, as Philly decided to give him a 1 yr trial.
Or Jones passed on the Patriots, who clearly were interested.

So we should cut Ridley? He fumbled more than 1/4 per game last year.
Dillon should have never been acquired too I guess.

You're comparing RB's with insane production and value (Dillon and Ridley) who had rushing years of 1300, 1400+ yards during their years when the fumbled where they were easily the lead bell cow back with a ton of touches......much unlike Felix Jones who didn't handle the ball nearly as much as either back, nor did he ever come anywhere close to that kind of production. You're trying to compare the fumbling issues of players who put up 1300/1400/1500 yd seasons to Felix Jones--who's best season was 800 yds. I don't see anywhere near something of a viable comparison.

On top of that Ridley hasn't even fumbled as much as Jones did, so I'm not sure why you'd even bring him up anyway?

Ridley has fumbled 5x in his past 32 games. In comparison, Jones fumbled 7x in his past 28 games. I don't see anything close to a point here, especially since Ridley had many more touches and didn't fumble as much.

The bottom line is that your opinion is that F.Jones is a better player than I see, so I'm not sure where else there is to go from here? It's obviously a difference of opinions. Either one of us are going to convince the other one to see it differently.

Stevan Ridley NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Corey Dillon NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Felix Jones NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

You're comparing RB's with insane production and value (Dillon and Ridley) who had rushing years of 1300, 1400+ yards during their years when the fumbled where they were easily the lead bell cow back with a ton of touches......much unlike Felix Jones who didn't handle the ball nearly as much as either back, nor did he ever come anywhere close to that kind of production. You're trying to compare the fumbling issues of players who put up 1300/1400/1500 yd seasons to Felix Jones--who's best season was 800 yds. I don't see anywhere near something of a viable comparison.
First, you are the one who called the problem fumbles per game.
Jones has 12 career fumbles in 64 games.
Ridley had 6 in 18 games last year.
Ridleys 6 were in 330 touches, Jones 12 in 731.
In his career Ridley has 8 in 425.

Ridley fumbles more per touch in his career and last season than Jones has in his career.
You framed it as fumbles per game, then changed to based on production.
In both cases your claim that BB wouldn't give the ball to Jones because of his propensity to fumble can only be true if he benches Ridley who fumbles more.

On top of that Ridley hasn't even fumbled as much as Jones did, so I'm not sure why you'd even bring him up anyway?
No Ridley has fumbled more.

Ridley has fumbled 5x in his past 32 games.
That is not correct. He fumbled 6 times in 18 games last year, and in his only playoff game (plus the last reg season game) the year before.
He has fumbled 8 times in his last 20 games.

In comparison, Jones fumbled 7x in his past 28 games. I don't see anything close to a point here, especially since Ridley had many more touches and didn't fumble as much.
See above. Ridley has fumbled 8 times in his last 20 games.
Ridley has fumbled more times per touch for his career than Jones.
If Jones is a 'proven fumbled' so is Ridley.

The bottom line is that your opinion is that F.Jones is a better player than I see, so I'm not sure where else there is to go from here? It's obviously a difference of opinions. Either one of us are going to convince the other one to see it differently.
But you are basing your opinion, at least in part on misinformation.

Note Dillon fumbled 14 times in his last 45 games and 880 touches before BB acquired him, which is more per game and almost exactly the same per touch as Jones over his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back