Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former cameraman: Every team does it

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BadMoFo, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Maybe we should have been a little sneakier, but it's not like we're the only ones doing this.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 9 / -26

Wonder if our former defensive genius, Mangini, had something to do with turning him in???
  3. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ya think? :rolleyes: That's a no-brainer IMHO.
  4. jetheelz

jetheelz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm sick of this story...and I am a Jets fan. Even if the guy was taping stuff, the Jets still stunk it up.
  5. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +613 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Thanks guy, nobody taping their way to victory.

The foolish phish seem to have our number and if we let them get our signals somehow it's on us. This ain't Pop warner, it's the bigs.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  6. jetheelz

jetheelz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This thing has been in the news for around 2 days now, and I personally am sick and tired of hearing about it. I know you Pats fans are too.
    On Sunday I was just glad the regular season had arrived finally. Now we have to hear about this BS for however long it takes.
  7. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A sane Jet fan..Wow, thanks
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +404 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Lincoln Kennedy was on the radio and said sign stealing happened at places he played more often than it didn't.
  9. kolbitr

kolbitr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks, for what it's worth. Losing is horrble, but scandals are worse, since, after a day (or even an hour) in the limelight, they have little connection with reality. If the league wants to make an example of us, I don't mind that...I just hate the hypocrisy...Coach Tomlin, whom I respect as a coach, for example, is kicking an opponent when their vulnerable.

Both strategies are Sun Tzu.
  10. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 8 / -1

#12 Jersey

Finally a voice of reason!!!!...and you are a jets fan...good for u........We got the better of this contest by a large margin this time. It doesn't always go that way. You guys have kicked our a##es as well in the past. Everyone steals signals ......mostly with use of binoculars on the DC or HC and then writing them down.....but as I have said countless times now....SIGNALS are CHANGED throughout the game anyways.....and did Randy Moss beat out 3 defenders deep in the endzone by a slim margin....simply because they intercepted one signal.....I think this thing has gotten blown way out of proportion...thx
  11. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a big difference between aiming a camera at players in pregame warmups while people watched in a booth and videotaping signals during a game so they can be saved on video and decoded at halftime to know what the other teams calls are in the second half when the outcome of almost every game is decided.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  12. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sign stealing by visual observation is not illegal. When you videotape you gain an unfair advantage because you are archiving the signals for groups of people and all the coaches to to be able to watch at halftime and decode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.