PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Bruin Brad McCrimmon dies in plane crash

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A tragedy of epic proportions has rocked the hockey world. In Russia, the plane carrying Team Lokamotiv of the KHL has crashed, killing 43 of 45 people on board.

Plane crash in Russia involves KHL team - NHL.com - News
Russian jet carrying Lokomotiv of KHL crashes, 43 dead - ESPN

Former NHL Players who have been confirmed to have passed in this accident include: Pavol Demitra, Karlis Skrastins, Karel Rachunek, Stefan Liv, Alexander Vasyunov, Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Igor Korolev, and Alexander Karpotsev.

his tragedy follows a summer that has been marred by the deaths of 3 other hockey players.. . Wade Belak died on August 31st. Rick Rypien died on August 15th and Derek Boogaard died on May 13th.

I can't even comprehend what a tragedy of that proportion would do for any team. I personally got the chance to see Karel Rachunek play as an Ottawa Senator, and I've still got his autograph...he, like the rest of this team, will be missed. Their lives were taken from them too early.

Also, I agree...this has been an annus horribilis for hockey, and I hope that no further lives are taken from a beautiful game.

All the former NHLers, I've seen play, whether on TV or in person. I've also had many of them on Fantasy Hockey teams (hence my reason for watching). So, it strikes a chord with me..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back