Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former Bruin Brad McCrimmon dies in plane crash

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins Fan Talk' started by DaBruinz, Sep 7, 2011.

1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +415 / 31 / -48

#50 Jersey

A tragedy of epic proportions has rocked the hockey world. In Russia, the plane carrying Team Lokamotiv of the KHL has crashed, killing 43 of 45 people on board.

Plane crash in Russia involves KHL team - NHL.com - News
    Russian jet carrying Lokomotiv of KHL crashes, 43 dead - ESPN

Former NHL Players who have been confirmed to have passed in this accident include: Pavol Demitra, Karlis Skrastins, Karel Rachunek, Stefan Liv, Alexander Vasyunov, Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Igor Korolev, and Alexander Karpotsev.

his tragedy follows a summer that has been marred by the deaths of 3 other hockey players.. . Wade Belak died on August 31st. Rick Rypien died on August 15th and Derek Boogaard died on May 13th.

2. silenthuntr7

silenthuntr7 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't even comprehend what a tragedy of that proportion would do for any team. I personally got the chance to see Karel Rachunek play as an Ottawa Senator, and I've still got his autograph...he, like the rest of this team, will be missed. Their lives were taken from them too early.

Also, I agree...this has been an annus horribilis for hockey, and I hope that no further lives are taken from a beautiful game.

3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +415 / 31 / -48

#50 Jersey

All the former NHLers, I've seen play, whether on TV or in person. I've also had many of them on Fantasy Hockey teams (hence my reason for watching). So, it strikes a chord with me..

4. pobjednik95

pobjednik95 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

very sad,rest in peace