Welcome to PatsFans.com

Former Astronaut: NASA Covering Up Aliens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Jul 25, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

This is interesting. Normally anyone who claims that the government is covering up UFOs can easily be dismissed, as being Al Gorian, however, this guy actually was in space, so he does have credibilty.

I find it hard to believe that life does not exist on another planet somewhere in the universe.

That being said, I fail to see, why the government would cover-up any contact with an alien race, it really doesn't do the government any good. First off, your assuming that an alien race, capable of space travel, would only contact the US government, and not have the technology to announce their presence to the rest of the world. That and any government conspiracy theory, assumes that numerous government employees are complicit in the cover-up, and I assure you, the the government workforce is very diverse, and this kind of lock-step thinking simpley does not exist.

What do we think?

Is there life outside of the earth in the universe?

Is the government covering it up?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Word is Obama is planning a visit to them ... he wants to reach out to everyone.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +413 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I'm sold on the coverup and believe it's happening for many reasons, chief of which is the government protecting its ability to (1.) retain power and (2.) maintain social order. But, I think society has matured to where it can handle the truth. There are too many credible folks coming forward now for this to be brushed off as nonsense.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

How can anyone look out into that vast endless universe and still have the stupidity and arrogance to believe that we are all alone.
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I agree. If it were well known and people actually knew it would shake up our reality.

Aliens must think we are crazy and so uncivilized in our infancy on how we treat each other. But who knows... for all we know they might have our same problems.

Technology does not equal civility
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

All the movies, TV shows and documentaries, books...they've been saturating the media for 30 years with this stuff. I've always joked that they're prepping the people for the actual revelation of this info. Now I'm starting to believe it as the sources become more credible.

This would mean hell for the world's religions, on which most of the governments are built to keep order. I don't care much if I live to see the first aliens publicly, but it would be interesting, to say the least.
  7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

A few things come to my mind on this:

1) I definitely believe (not "know", but "believe") that there is life in other parts of the Universe. I really am interested in the SETI Project and find it fascinating. We are truly in the infant stage of understanding our Universe.

2) Ed Mitchell also claims a Vancouver paranormal psychic in by the name of "Dreamhealer" healed his cancer from thousands of miles away using extraordinary powers of ESP. So be careful of giving Ed Mitchell carte blanche on the credit scale because he used to be an astronaut.

3) Please answer me this: a) Why do UFO's/Aliens only come to the US and b) why does only the US Government supposedly know about it? Are the other 100+ nations not to their liking?
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yes there is life somewhere else, no it hasn't been here. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to believe rather than being convinced by evidence. The mounting grainy, black and white videos and hillbilly anecdotes aren't enough to convince me otherwise yet. Check out Carl Jung's writing about the "myth" of UFOs and you'll find they, along with the Yeti, Sasquatch, etc. are a psychological mechanism that arise with greater frequency during times of uncertainty.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I believe the most UFO sightingas are in Mexico, However, this is not simply a US phenomenon. Its a worldwide conspiracy if true.

http://www.shareintl.org/ARCHIVES/UFOs/ufo-sightings-worldwide.htm

from 2002
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Imagine what they must have thought when they watched the invasion of Normandy.

We must scare the sh!t out of them.

Maybe Prince Obama is one of them.
  11. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

OK, here's the easy part: I absolutely believe we are not alone in this universe.

But here's the hard part: have they been visiting the Earth? There are complicated problems with this happening. The great distances in space: there are no other locations in our solar system than can be considered condusive to the evolution of an intelligent species, so an alien race would have to come from outside. In the universe as we know it, the nearest neighboring star is something like 4.3 light years away; considering that physical beings cannot travel nearly a fraction of the speed of light (in the universe as we know it), you're talking about a centuries-long voyage.

"In the universe as we know it" is the key phrase here. Light speed travel is extremely theoretical, but there's always the carte blanc concept that humanity has yet to know or conceive of the knowledge or technology that might permit this.

But consider that, as such technology would probably delve into the whole space/time thing, then the intelligence that conquers light speed will probably also conquer time travel at the same time. Given the vast distances of space, it could just as well be that our visitors merely come from our own future. These "strange little people" may be our own selves from hundreds of millions of years in the future, or else perahps another race of beings that will potentially evolve on the Earth. Perhaps they are descended from pigs. Or maybe Jets fans.

The thing being, the earth does move through space within the galaxy, and the galaxy also moves around in the universe. project yourself a few million years back and forth in time, and you may find yourself stuck in the Crab Nebula (unless you subscribe to the notion that the Earth's mass would affect paths through wormholes or whatever isused to the extent that time travelers are drawn along with the Earth through spacetime, even when time travelling... relativity will always seem like a strange thing).

So bottom line, I feel it's very possible that we have had visitors from outside our world/spacetime. But I think what their identity is may very well be stranger than we could anticipate.

I mean, really! Just consider Michael Jackson.
  12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Actually, there MIGHT be something to a US Gov't coverup of UFO Aliens living amonst us. I'm convinced several have strategically married our most powerful leaders:

No commentary needed:
    http://blog.mlive.com/elections_source/2008/02/large_20080221-john-cindy-mccain.jpg

Alien dress habits almost give plot away:
    http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/rt_laura_bush_071022_ms.jpg

Mind-melding through touch:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00676/michelle-obama404_676280c.jpg

One actually melded it's entire form into its husband:
    http://kidologist.com/wp-content/2007/10/billary.jpg
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Well that tosses a couple of pounds of salt onto this guys claims.

That aside, with all the video recording ability the average citizen has, how could no one tape some credible footage of a landing, alien being, or ship flying? I think a lot like you do here Shmess.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Party pooper!.....:(
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Nice Sig!

Why do I feel like I'm committing a crime when I look at it, though?
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

They have found a way to travel these great distances that we would never be able to understand, they are 10 billion years ahead of us in technology and everything else (time travel) they enter their vehicle, they press a button and in 22 seconds they have traveled 232 zillion miles through space to this strange place called earth, they hover and watch us kill each other, they are 'time travelers"

Michael Jackson rented 3 chimpanze's once and kept them in his Hotel Room for a whole weekend, I wonder what he did with them?
  17. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Have you ever seen a UFO in real life? They move INCREDIBLY fast. It's not a leap of faith to assume they can travel a few lightyears.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What are you basing that on? Men in Black? Fuzzy home videos? have you ever seen Santa claus? He can move pretty quickly too:rolleyes:
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

7 reasons why all of this is total crap by J. Allen Haynek:

More recently, Professor Stephen Hawking argued that because most UFOs turn out to have prosaic explanations, it was reasonable to presume that the "unidentified" UFOs also had prosaic origins.
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

I've seen what I thought was a UFO in Orlando when I lived there. Originally thought it was a shooting star until I saw it boucning back and forth in the sky in motions that no man made craft can move in. Then, the bright light stopped and sat there for about three seconds before shooting across the sky right over my house and disappearing. Called the local Air Force base to report it and never heard back from them.

And yes, I have seen Santa Claus. It's your wife when she walks around in red lingerie.