PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Form of late

With the D kicking at all gears and the offense back on track I would say were are back to form

Keep in mind that they have also played 5 more games than Cleveland and 3 more than Orlando, either most in the league or second most. What that means going forward is that they have 5 more back-to-backs while Cleveland has 11 of them and the Celts should be able to get a little more rest compared to the competition. Oh, and they are back with the best record in the East again. This year it's even more important to let the likely #2, and #3 (hopefully Orl and Clev) fight it out between themselves instead of having to potentially face both of them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that they have also played 5 more games than Cleveland and 3 more than Orlando, either most in the league or second most. What that means going forward is that they have 5 more back-to-backs while Cleveland has 11 of them and the Celts should be able to get a little more rest compared to the competition. Oh, and they are back with the best record in the East again. This year it's even more important to let the likely #2, and #3 (hopefully Orl and Clev) fight it out between themselves instead of having to potentially face both of them in the playoffs.

Very insightful, hopefully that’s how it will pan out

Well, 74-47 Celtics at the end of the first half!!! Yikes!!!

124-100!!! Garrnet, Allen and House get 23 points each, every Celtic except Powe scores points.

124-100!!! Garrnet, Allen and House get 23 points each, every Celtic except Powe scores points.

Watching the game I kept thinking back to how some announcers compare Nowitski to Larry Legend. Bird NEVER got schooled the way KG schooled Nowitski yesterday. Garnett backed him in and scored at will like he was a rookie.

Watching the game I kept thinking back to how some announcers compare Nowitski to Larry Legend. Bird NEVER got schooled the way KG schooled Nowitski yesterday. Garnett backed him in and scored at will like he was a rookie.

What an interesting history on Pierce and Nowitski. Just before the draft, Dallas and Boston both wanted Nowitski. After that rookie season, Dallas fans were fuming over the play of Dirk while Boston was gleeful. A few years later, Dirk was the toast of Dallas while Pierce was second fiddle. A few years back, Dirk was untouchable in a trade and Pierce was on the market. Last year, Pierce was a strong MVP candidate and Dirk is a piece of a puzzle on a dysfunctional team.

That comparison is ridiculous, very few even compare to Larry

Last edited:
I'm just bumping this to reiterate that this team will go as Rondo goes.

I'm just bumping this to reiterate that this team will go as Rondo goes.
If we keep bumping the thread and winning, the logical progression is to never lose :)

Very very happy to see Celtics basketball being played the way it is after our slump.

"We just got back to our bread and butter, you know, defense."

If we keep bumping the thread and winning, the logical progression is to never lose :)

Very very happy to see Celtics basketball being played the way it is after our slump.
Not a slump, more like a three week Christmas break, 27-2 before it, 9-0 since...........I'm hoping they keep it up for a little bit longer. I got two tickets behind the Celtics bench when they come to Philly next week for my 14 year old's birthday (and me..)

That comparison is ridiculous, very few even compare to Larry
Nowitzki is tall, he's white, and he can shoot, so they compare him to Bird. Of course, Bird's passing, leadership and making everyone else on the team play better with his presence are all missing in Dirk. So, no real, bottom line comparison, as you say.

Cedric Maxwell said Dirk is better than Bird.

Cedric Maxwell said Dirk is better than Bird.

I'd say Cedric is still smarting from one of Larry's barbs. Yea, Dirk is better then Larry as is Scottie, LMFAO.

The Mavericks had the best record in the league a few years ago, and then lost in the first round. Do you think a Bird team would have lost? Larry was a money player. Now ask that announcer if Dirk is a money player.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back