PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Form of late

Insightful post, nice one.

I agree, especially considering how far along Rondo has gotten with his speed and skill with the ball.

I think lately teams have been giving Rondo more respect by defending him like they do the rest of he Celtics and double-teaming him. I think that's why Rondo appears to have been taken out of the offensive gameplan, more so than anything Doc has done.

I think lately teams have been giving Rondo more respect by defending him like they do the rest of he Celtics and double-teaming him. I think that's why Rondo appears to have been taken out of the offensive gameplan, more so than anything Doc has done.

The Knicks put Jeffries on him - its more a sign of disrespect for his outside shooting, they have not been double teaming. Quite the opposite, they are giving him room and the man guarding him is leaving him to double KG or Paul or whoever they now run the offense through.

Its exactly what happened at certain points in the playoffs, Doc is taking the ball out of his playmaker's hand and then playing into the opposing teams strategy.

Having Rondo run up and hand the ball off to someone and then go sit unguarded on the wing is a waste of a playmaker. It deprives the team of Rondo's strength (penetration and passing) and amplifies his weakness (outside shooting).

Aaand the Celts lose another one.. Cavs won the shirts off our backs tonight.. :mad:

I know we beat the Raptors comprehensively for 3 quarters today, but these fourth quarter fade outs are becoming problematic.

Last edited:
I know we beat the Raptors comprehensively for 3 quarters today, but these fourth quarter fade outs are becoming problematic.

It's the "stand around and watch Paul Pierce/KG/Ray Allen try and score" offense. See my above post. When Rondo plays well, when they let Rondo dictate the offense, they win.

It's the "stand around and watch Paul Pierce/KG/Ray Allen try and score" offense. See my above post. When Rondo plays well, when they let Rondo dictate the offense, they win.
i wish it was that simple. they are losing because they dont have james posey. he was the linch pin from the staters to the bench. he was the guy who could gaurd the kobies and the labrons when pp wasnt on the court.

i wish it was that simple. they are losing because they dont have james posey. he was the linch pin from the staters to the bench. he was the guy who could gaurd the kobies and the labrons when pp wasnt on the court.

I don't think you can say it is just Posey, they won 19 in a row without him

I think they need to bring Bill Walker and J.R. Giddens in as soon as possible
i agree with that. bill walker looked very good during pre season. the bench needs some help for sure.

walker made a couple very nice plays tonight. he needs to get some more minutes.

four in a row. encouraging. we will know if the celts are back to form after this week with Miami and Orlando on the road.

four in a row. encouraging. we will know if the celts are back to form after this week with Miami and Orlando on the road.

yup this week is going to be huge, big game tomorrow night too

Two huge games coming up with Miami tonight and then Orlando tomorrow. They looked great against the Suns they are starting to play like their old selves.

after beating miami and orlando on the road on back to back nights. i think its safe to say the green are back. the magic had three days off and were waiting for the celtics and the celtics still won.:singing:

after beating miami and orlando on the road on back to back nights. i think its safe to say the green are back. the magic had three days off and were waiting for the celtics and the celtics still won.:singing:
That suffocating defense and offensive discipline appears to have returned replaced that flashy Laker crap we tried to serve up during our drop off in form.

Oh so happy :)

That suffocating defense and offensive discipline appears to have returned replaced that flashy Laker crap we tried to serve up during our drop off in form.

Oh so happy :)

With the D kicking at all gears and the offense back on track I would say were are back to form

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back