PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Form of late

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Without much NBA coverage on tv here in Aus of late and only going by media reports and the small highlight packages on Sportscenter, what has been going on with the Celtics of late?

Poor shooting, poor defense and turnover ball. Seems very un-Celtic like. Could someone watching the games fill me as I cannot fathom 27-2 into 29-8.

Much obliged.

Without much NBA coverage on tv here in Aus of late and only going by media reports and the small highlight packages on Sportscenter, what has been going on with the Celtics of late?

Poor shooting, poor defense and turnover ball. Seems very un-Celtic like. Could someone watching the games fill me as I cannot fathom 27-2 into 29-8.

Much obliged.

They had a similar streak last year. The difference was the winning streak wasn't as long, and neither was the losing. They will be alright, but do need to add someone coming off the bench, which they will. Also, I think Pruit might see some more playing time.

They had a similar streak last year. The difference was the winning streak wasn't as long, and neither was the losing. They will be alright, but do need to add someone coming off the bench, which they will. Also, I think Pruit might see some more playing time.
do you still think the celts are better than last year?

They're in the midst of a block in the schedule that is very hard on the players because its game after game after game. I think its just fatigue finally kicking in. They'll be fine.

They need to get back to playing the D they were playing earlier and they'll be fine. The do need to tweek the roster abit too and I'm sure they will.

its ok to admit you were wrong. we all are sometimes.

If the Celts do not win this year's championship, then I was wrong. If you pulled up my posts, you'd see that I have admitted mistakes in the past, I don't have a problem with that. However, I still believe this team is better then last years. Its the middle of the season grind, everyone is tired. Same thing happened last year. I recall, last year at this time, people were doubting whether they would even win their first playoff series.

Much obliged.

I think losing Posey is finally starting to show

I don’t have much confidence at all in the second unit

Posey was a sick defender and he usually hit the open shot…the only guy who can shoot coming off the bench is Eddie…and other teams have been all over him lately

by the way the records 29-7 unless they already played tonights games there:D

there is no way a team loses pj brown and james posey and gets better. unless they add somebody. they haven't so far and i doubt they will find someone who can fill those shoes this time of year.

there is no way a team loses pj brown and james posey and gets better. unless they add somebody. they haven't so far and i doubt they will find someone who can fill those shoes this time of year.

That's not true. Young guys like Rondo and Perk who elevate their games can make the team better because they have stepped their game up another level.

That's not true. Young guys like Rondo and Perk who elevate their games can make the team better because they have stepped their game up another level.

Its easy to say the Celtics are not as good as last year when they are on a losing streak. Last year, most people didn't think Rhondo was good enough to be the starting point guard. Right now, the Celts are tired and Garnett has a leg injury. This team is not going to set any winning records for the season, but they will be ready come playoff time and thats all that matters (Celtics 1969).

Its easy to say the Celtics are not as good as last year when they are on a losing streak. Last year, most people didn't think Rhondo was good enough to be the starting point guard. Right now, the Celts are tired and Garnett has a leg injury. This team is not going to set any winning records for the season, but they will be ready come playoff time and thats all that matters (Celtics 1969).
i said they weren't as good awhile ago . before they started losing i said it. its also easy to say they are better then last years team when they are in the middle of a 19 game win streak. i still think they can win it all. i just dont think they are as good as last years team. there's a difference.

Last edited:
its not a matter of being true or not true. its a matter of opinion. perk and rondo are better but imo that doesnt offset the lose of posey and pj brown.

Who would have thought as good as the form we were in prior to the Lakers loss that the Celtics would slump as badly as they have of late.

I hope something can be remedied fast, as the momentum and belief of teams playing the C's from now on in becomes greater and greater.

I know that every game is a shot against the champs, but we need some crushing wins to re-establish dominance.

Hey scout, no big deal but it's Rondo, not Rhondo.

:bye2:dont cry for me Argentina

I think the Celtics are doing well - can't argue with 3rd-best record in the league.

The answer to their woes are so frustratingly simple that it drives me nuts that they haven't corrected it. I hate to criticize Doc given what he accomplished in the past year, but its up to him, or to the veterans to realize the obvious, to stick in any tape of the 19 game win streak and compare it to what they are doing right now.

I've said this before, any time this team struggles, like it did at times in the playoffs, it comes down to the simplest f-ing thing: BALL MOVEMENT.

Only one of the Big 3 is good at creating his own points and that is Pierce, and even then, the one-on-one stuff should be reserved for closing minutes of quarters and games. The offense they've been running at times lately has been the stagnant, dreadful one - have Rondo run down the court and hand it off to another player who dishes it in to Paul or KG. It ruins the flow of the game and takes everyone out of the game.

Its terrible, and I can't see how Doc or other members of the coaching staff don't see it.

When they run the offense through Rondo, they win. Period. It is that simple. They are unstoppable when they allow Rondo to create shots for his teammates. It is no knock on KG or Allen, but they have shown they need their teammates in order to be effective on the offensive end, and Rondo is the perfect teammate for that. I don't care how the other teams defend Rondo, if he drives the ball into the lane, with his speed and agility, he is either going to get a layup or find an open man. Its that simple.

I don't know if any of the Big 3 complained about their touches or what. But Doc is killing Rondo's confidence again, taking him out of the offense, and turning it into a one-on-one type offense. As long as that happens, the team will continue to struggle. If they let Rondo loose, they will get back to their winning ways.

Rondo and Paul should be the focal points of this offense, and the ball should ALWAYS be moving. End of story.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back