PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forget this, he HAS to be cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Dragovich (forgive my spelling). Is he on a roster?

Can someone explain to me why it's so hard to find a good punter?

That's the thing- BB's had a succession of punters in for try-outs yet Hanson always seems to still be here despite the fact he's had consistently bad games.

Wasn't the Hulk Hogan-ish one we(very briefly) had,a punter too?

I was very unhappy when they cut or released Josh Miller. I thought he was as consistent as they come.

Where's Dragovich (forgive my spelling). Is he on a roster?

He was released in early June. To my knowledge, he was never signed by anyone.

Did you guys see the picture of Gostkowski waving goodbye to Hanson? :D

83137762.jpg

He's sucked for well over a season now. For someone who manages field position as meticulously as Belichick does, I have to admit that I'm surprised that an upgrade hasn't been made by now. Oh well, the Patrtiots coaching staff obviously knows something that I don't.

Actually they've brought in new punters to compete every year. The bad news is that those punters sucked even worse than Hansen. They haven't used a draft pick on a punter though... hard to blame them.

Green Bay's punter Frost is lucky to get 40 yards a kick. We are not the only ones hurting for a punter.

This offseason BB needs to go to the land down under, Aussie hunting for a big leg. Those jokers can kick!!

Last edited:
I wonder, at this point, if it's Hansen's duties as holder for Gostkowski that are keeping him on the roster. I mean, he leads the league in touchbacks and is second to last at placing kicks inside the 20... only Derrick Frost in Green Bay is worse right now. There are guys out there on the street that can do better than that. Either he has compromising pictures of Belichick, or he's a really, REALLY good holder, because I cannot fathom a reason for his continued employment.

He was released in early June. To my knowledge, he was never signed by anyone.

He also ended up in jail for getting drunk and assaulting his dad(or something like that. can't remember the exact details.)

I don't expect to see him in camp anytime soon

I wonder, at this point, if it's Hansen's duties as holder for Gostkowski that are keeping him on the roster. I mean, he leads the league in touchbacks and is second to last at placing kicks inside the 20... only Derrick Frost in Green Bay is worse right now. There are guys out there on the street that can do better than that. Either he has compromising pictures of Belichick, or he's a really, REALLY good holder, because I cannot fathom a reason for his continued employment.

Right now, an emerging scandal with BB and farm animals would devastate this franchise.

Last edited:
They are looking in the wrong places for punters europe and aus would be better than looking for an american. there are plenty of people i have seen in the british american football league punt much better. And there is bound to be some aussie rule player who has buggered his shoulder so can only really kick.

id bet ken walter is flying out to san diego for a tryout...ugh

He also ended up in jail for getting drunk and assaulting his dad(or something like that. can't remember the exact details.)

I don't expect to see him in camp anytime soon

That, my friend, was Danny Baugher. I think that Dragosavich's life of crime only extends to dancing:

dragosavich - Google Video

They are looking in the wrong places for punters europe and aus would be better than looking for an american. there are plenty of people i have seen in the british american football league punt much better. And there is bound to be some aussie rule player who has buggered his shoulder so can only really kick.

Yeah, this is what I mean. It's a serious question--why is it so hard to find 32 guys who can punt? This is a multi-billion dollar business, with winning and losing sometimes coming down to very small margins. There aren't 32 guys in the world who would take a huge paycheck to kick a ball?

Send a scout out to scour the world for a punter! (Is that the word I want, scour? It looks weird.)

Actually they've brought in new punters to compete every year. The bad news is that those punters sucked even worse than Hansen. They haven't used a draft pick on a punter though... hard to blame them.

Of course, lots of draftniks here were eager for the Pats to use a draft pick on a punter...Mike Dragosovich. :p Just goes to show you that upgrading the punter position isn't as easy as it sounds.

Sav Rocca is Australian -- but then so is Ben Graham.

And here, for anyone who hasn't seen it, is the pre-season hit on Rocca after he got off his punt. OUCH!!!

Sav Rocca Destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back