PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forget the hype, Pats need a good week of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Enough of the Rex Ryan Show & Revis The Prognosticator....the game is won on the previous Tuesday with a great game plan and a great week of practice I hope the team is totally into smashing the Jets Monday night.

Recall the practices were terrrible leading up to the Cleveland debacle.

Last edited:
Yep.

BB's record after bye weeks encourages me. It's the same idea.

Although a bye week last January didn't go so well ...

Yep.

We didn't have a bye week last January. He had to play wild card weekend.

Yep.

If you're talking about resting the starters for most of the last game (it was weird, the Pats came out looking like they wanted to win, then just gave up), I always thought Welker going down was the dagger to the heart of the Pats last season, not the de facto bye week that wasn't (really). I guess the lack of lockerroom chemistry was a factor too, which we didn't know at the time. Neither of these things is present this time around, so we should be good to go.

All of the other stuff is just noise...really. I couldn't agree more with this post.

Let's hope they have a great week...

Some important dudes missing from practice today...

Brady, Brace (am I saying this?) and Wright were all absent. Brady isn't a huge worry, but we could really use the beef and the sacker back.

I can see them being pumped up like the game at Sh*ttsburg , if they do, then i think the Jets will get crushed.

Thats if rex doesn't show us all those exotic blitzes he has been saving up for us :p stupid jets fans

Giving the players 4 days off after 3 good wins, then having them come back to a game plan hatched during those 4 days (I should say finalized because the basics were in place for a long time) should make for a great week of practice.
We havent discussed it in a while, but there used to be a lot of talk about how the players were excited for Tuesdays because they got the game plan, and BB game plans are exciting.

Some important dudes missing from practice today...

Brady, Brace (am I saying this?) and Wright were all absent. Brady isn't a huge worry, but we could really use the beef and the sacker back.

Not sure where you saw Brace but I'm not seeing that on nfl.com.

Code:
Injuries for Week 12
Name 	 	Pos. 	Injury 	Practice Status 	 		Game Status

Tom Brady 	QB 	RShldr 	Did Not Participate In Practice 	Questionable
Steve Neal 	G 	Shldr 	Did Not Participate In Practice 	Questionable
J. Wilhite 	CB 	Hip 	Did Not Participate In Practice 	Questionable
Mike Wright 	DE 	Neck 	Did Not Participate In Practice 	Questionable

Mark LeVoir 	T 	Elbow 	Limited Participation in Practice 	Questionable
Jarrad Page 	S 	Calf 	Limited Participation in Practice 	Questionable
Myron Pryor 	DT 	Back 	Limited Participation in Practice 	Questionable
Fred Taylor 	RB 	Toe 	Limited Participation in Practice 	Questionable

Enough of the Rex Ryan Show & Revis The Prognosticator....the game is won on the previous Tuesday with a great game plan and a great week of practice I hope the team is totally into smashing the Jets Monday night.

:rocker:
+10

I can see them being pumped up like the game at Sh*ttsburg , if they do, then i think the Jets will get crushed.

Thats if rex doesn't show us all those exotic blitzes he has been saving up for us :p stupid jets fans

Yes, and will that same O-line show up. Or will it be like in the Detriot game. Brady took some good hits. You know they are going to blitz the hell outa Brady. I think the key is to protect Brady. And on D, the Db's gotta step up. Arrington worries me. I think the Pats win.

Yes, and will that same O-line show up. Or will it be like in the Detriot game. Brady took some good hits. You know they are going to blitz the hell outa Brady. I think the key is to protect Brady. And on D, the Db's gotta step up. Arrington worries me. I think the Pats win.

Detroit has a better pass rush than anything the Jets have. The Lions pass rush and pass defense is actually not to shabby. I thought the offensive line did well settling down as they got into the game.

Last edited:
And I hear BB gave the team Wednesday off because they were so "focused" today. That sounds like good news to me.

And I hear BB gave the team Wednesday off because they were so "focused" today. That sounds like good news to me.

Where did you hear this? Any update on Wright? thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes