PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forget the Chargers - On to Indy - What is UP With Our Running Game Or Lack Thereof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Forget the Chargers - On to Indy - What is UP With Our Running Game Or Lack There

It would be a mistake to assume we can just go into Indy and run run run the ball. Indy has been playing cover 3 and man the past two weeks with eight in the box. Rob Morris is in for poor-tackling Gilbert Gardner on the strong side, ex-safety Marlin Jackson is in for Jason David at strong side corner, and Bob Sanders is back at free. That is a much stiffer run D than the Colts have used most of the year.

If we can get it going against their best run front, fine. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady go quickly to the shotgun spread with Faulk dives and draws. Possibly the second drive. They'll try to shake out the Colts D, then bring in Dillon and Maroney as the game wears on.

Re: Forget the Chargers - On to Indy - What is UP With Our Running Game Or Lack There

I thought Bob Sanders was back for our game against Indy, and we ran pretty well on them then, but abandoned it too early. I guess I can't argue with the three receiver set though, which has been working pretty well for us over the past few weeks. Did anyone notice by the way, that on Brady's first two interceptions, it appears on both Ben Watson either ran the wrong way, or (euphamistically) at least Brady thought he was going to run a different way. After that, they went away from the two tight end sets.

that is true about sanders. the pats did abandon the run after the first quarter. those were back in the days of the power I formation. they would run out of formations that would allow for the defense to crowd the box. if they spread them out the colts are forced to go nickel or leave man on man coverage on some recvr's if they crowd the box.

i'd rather spread them out and run against small cato june.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes