Welcome to PatsFans.com

Forget Sarah Palin: Rand's Moment/Ron's Opportunity?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, May 19, 2010.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Written on 5/17: Forget Sarah Palin: It's Rand Paul's moment and Ron Paul's opportunity - The Hill's Pundits Blog

This could get interesting, especially if Palin has plans for 2012:popcorn:
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Although I was excited to read an article that actually dug into the topic, that post was nothing but someone having and idea nad writing 7 more sentences to go with it...

I hate when journalists are lazy and just writing things to invite comments... Which that's all that was.
  3. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm with you but at that point (prior to the primaries) I'm not sure how much more could've been written without going into overkill. I'd love to see some follow-up now that the primaries have indeed ended and maybe as time goes along we'll see more of this. Meanwhile, we have minds of our own (well, some of us anyway ;)) therefore capable of talking about it without media input. In regards to the media tho, down the road I want to see where FOX decides to sit given the fact they're huge Palin backers as well as Tea Party backers. Palin's been positioned as the TP mouthpiece so we'll see if there's some jockeying for position. Neither Paul seems to have aligned themselves with Palin to any great degree either. One thing's for sure-Rand's landslide victory brings Ron furthur into the spotlight.

I like it;)
  4. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't read the article but I'd like to speculate as to the answer to this:

Why is it that major media are so unwilling to take a close and serious look at Ron Paul as a potential candidate for president, while they pant with excitement at every breath Palin takes?

1. boobs (funny, yet a little bit of fact?)
    2. people are stupid (sadly a very large fact)
    3. She's different. She's closer to the "everyday" American than most politicians (well she was when she started). Instead of being a cold, calculating politician who spends his free time perfecting his lies to sound like legitimate half-truths, Palin instead just said whatever idiotic thing came to her mind. It was refreshing in a "Oh god, where is America headed" kind of way.
    4. Ron Paul is crazy old. John McCain is slightly less crazy old and he had Palin as his running mate and didn't win, so why pay attention to RP when we can just pay attention to Palin? (again, this is the media, not me. I'd rather they pay attention to the guy attempting to break the world record for sticking pens up his nose)
    5. Did I mention he's crazy old? We're America. We like young, new, shiney things. We are like a 2 year old. We see something appealing, stick it in our mouth, chew for a while, swallow, then puke it up 5 minutes later and move on to something else to chew on.

[edit] 6. As proven by our current President, we prefer politicians who have absolutely no experience what so ever! First term Senator? NICE! First term Governor? NICE. By 2040 we'll be electing a President who's resume is topped off with "I once at 72 hot dogs in 12 minutes".
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul isn't crazy old. He's crazy, and old.
  6. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You guys are bad. :p Ron Paul's following consists of mostly young people so maybe we all lack a father image or something ( caveat-being the only girl in my family I did not and do not lack a father presence, which is not to say there were/are times I could've rolled with less of that ;)) . As to crazy, well he's radical that's for sure. Does radical=crazy?
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

Not sure about Ron, but Rand sounds like a pretty staunch libertarian -- which Palin and the other Republicans aren't at all.
  8. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All great Americans from the past were considered Radicals. No "Moderate" has ever made an impact on this country. Moderadates just sell out to corporate owners quietly and then move on.

Passionate leaders change this country for the better.
  9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If they live long enough. :(

But yea, I'm tired of puppets.
  10. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're racist. Green people can be presidents too!
    KERMIT 2012!!!!!
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oooh so THAT'S why Obama is a centrist now!