Welcome to PatsFans.com

Foreclosures: No Gov't Handouts

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Nov 20, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +414 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

So many things are being discussed regarding the tide of home foreclosures that just seems to keep building.

In my opinion, re-writing mortgages to terms the owner can meet is acceptable.

What is NOT acceptable is any kind of give away that reduces the owner's principle. Otherwise, this will be just another case of rewarding failure. In addition, it is grossly unfair that those who have managed their finances responsibly.

The is a growing number of people who are in danger of foreclosure due to being unemployed. FDIC Chair Sheila Bair recently discussed how she feels the gov't has to do something to help these people.

REALLY?? And what about renters who become unemployed? Will the gov't take care of them as well? Home owners are no more deserving of help than anyone else.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

wait a minute, i thought renters and the unemployed were all useless people, along with immigrants, divorcees, orphans, single people over 30, homosexuals, Christians who have ever made a mistake, and anyone who doesnt look like me......did i miss anyone?