Welcome to PatsFans.com

Forecast: Sex with Robots by 2050. (Yes, it's a Fox News article.)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Oct 15, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Here's some REAL news.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301717,00.html

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Billy Blue Dress would love that one :singing:

"I did not have sex with that Thing" :singing:

Democrat Response:
    "Oh, gush, sigh, fawn, splutter, we believe you Bill, we love you, God bless you Bill, you are our Bill, if
    Pant Suit doen't care neither do we, oh God isn't he handsome when he bites his lip, "OH DEAR GOD I'M HAVING AN ORGASM, OH BILL, WE LOVE YOU, arghhhhhhhhhhh, YOWEEEEEEEEE, plop.
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Leave it to Fox News to put something like this up, then make it an indictment of liberals. My favorite part is when it insinuates that marriage has been on a downward trend since the 50s when interracial marriage was legalized, now gay marriage, and what next? robot marriage!! And where? well this "PhD" recipient from the University of Phoenix says Massachusetts! and Why? because it's liberal!!.....congratulations Fox, you've outdone yourself. By the way, this article is a huge hit, everyone I know is forwarding it around. It honestly could be an Onion article word for word. Up next, "Doctor says Liberals will Start Feeding on Newborns By Year 2080." Awesome.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, a doctor with a PHD who happens to be a liberal DID say it... so...
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

All Fox does is report, it's up to you to decide, thats why millions of people watch Fox, they tell you all the things the Left Wing Media won't tell you.

Fox is just doing what it was created to do, report the news, "ALL OF IT"
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Count me in if those female bots look like this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

hahaha good one. More like They decide it for you and then drum it into your head until you're scared enough to do as your told. And millions of people have low IQs.
  8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Where does it say he's a liberal lol? Oh I get it he believes in that silly thing called "science" therefore he must be a liberal.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

When I first started watching Fox I used to watch NBC, after watching NBC I would go to Fox and wait for the same story to come up I couldn't believe the things that NBC left out and if the story was anywhere near anything favorable to Republicans or the Right Wing way of thinking there were many times NBC wouldn't even report it all.

I know Liberals don't want to acknowledge this but have you ever wondered why so many people all over the world "watch Fox"

Even the Left Wing Media now admits, "it's a whole new world" in the news business (we now get the whole story fair and balanced).

Do liberals really believe that NBC or Rodent Rather would have ever told us about "Monica"---------Drudge broke it.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

There is no problem watching Fox HB, so long as you mix in some of the other channels to balance the perspectives out. I highly recommend different sources, with different views. You'll only be smarter for it. ;)
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

FOX news .....(sigh)
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Yesterday, I watched Family Guy on Fox. Stewy, the peculiar baby, recalled meeting Jesus Christ, and the scene cuts to a naked Jesus, covered discretely by soap foam, in the shower with Stewy staring at him. We then see Jesus from the waist up, rubbing the sponge against his chest in a clearly sensuous manner as the fresh water drips and removes the soap from his crotch. (We never actually see his crotch, of course) It was funny, but utterly perverse. One can only marvel at the utter hypocrisy of the religious right when it comes to Fox tv. Because their news is so right wing, the religious right allows them to mock Jesus as some sort of pervert, so treating some silly story about people marrying robots as news should come as no surprise.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Um, #1 you don't have cable, and so you don't know Fox News. #2, Fox News, Fox TV....
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Why the hell didn't they do this 50 years ago, I'm to damn old for one now, I had a pillow I was in love with once, when we moved my wife threw it away, I never forgot it though.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

People "all over the world" do not watch Fox News. They don't even get it.
    And "it's a whole new world" means that Fox revolutionized the news by turning it into entertainment. They replaced journalism with whole slew of yapping heads that infuse their opinion into everything they "report." You can't even tell when your watching Fox News whether the person is a reporter or a pundit. So now the "liberal" outfits have followed suit in this ratings war/race to the bottom and have added all the Chris Matthews/Olbermann types to try and win over viewers. Fox doesn't give you the "facts" that NBC etc. leaves out, they simply make the administration's argument for them and try to convince people that they are learning something. Case in point: Tony Snow. Do you really see Hillary Clinton hiring Dan Rather as her press secretary? No because it's totally unprofessional and a complete conflict of interest. Tom Brokaw, for example, is a conservative but that doesn't mean that he needed to throw in conjecture and utter BS when he reads the news.

CNN et. al might be bad, and make assumptions that are based on what you would call "liberal" tendencies, but Fox News is just ridiculous. It's 23 1/2 hours a day of yelling and right wing opinion. It's all Corporate media, and none of it is any good, but Fox is not the same thing, and to pretend that it is simply an equal alternative to "liberal" news sources that do investigative research etc. is ludicrous and completely dishonest. And this country is full of complete idiots that think they are learning something by hearing Bill O'Reilly feed them their opinions every night. And this article is a perfect example of why they are a complete joke. All of their news is Rape, Rape, Terrorism, Rape, Child Abduction, Judges are too soft, Society's falling apart, Terrorism and now this: Robots! Not only are liberals out to destroy your precious family values by letting gays marry each other and legalizing interracial marriage so that people can make their own decisions free from big government (isn't tha what you're all about?) but now they're going to let the robots take over! This article is so ridiculous and transparent, it's exactly why Fox News is the laughing stock of the journalism world.

And your point about Monica is exactly my point. Is Monica important? is that the kind of issue that really deserves 24 hour coverage in a world where people are starving and there's war and civil strife and poverty etc.? No but leave it to Fox News to debase public discourse to the point where our leaders are impeached for a BJ, but it's totally unacceptable to question a President for starting a war that resulted in thousands of deaths by lying to the American people. Not to mention the slew of real scandals that Bush has been involved in. Leave it to Fox News to make our next election about Hillary's outfits or John Edwards' haircut or Howard Dean's scream rather than you know, silly things like their foreign policy or health care plans. Thanks Fox News, for really looking out for the American people!
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Fox News and Fox TV are both owned by Murdoch, and the local Fox news is very right wing. Further more, I've been on enough business trips that I've watched a reasonable amount of cable in hotels. So, I've certainly seen Fox News. At any rate, not sure what that has to do with the apparent tolerance of by the religious right when Fox chooses to broadcast a cartoon in which Jesus is portrayed as a a pedophile. I'm not complaining about Fox here, but about the hypocrisy of the religious right.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Now here's where we agree. Problem is that the majority of Fox News' audience watches only Fox News. This is made apparent by the fact that Fox News' ratings are higher during Presidential debates than are the actual debates. Which means either: a)people don't know the debates are going on or b) they'd rather hear Fox heads tell them what to think about Presidential candidates than listen to the actual candidates give their own views. Either possibility is a tragic indictment of the state of American discourse and the Fox News audience. Even though I think Republicans are slimy, hypocritical corporate tools, I would never sit there and watch Chris Matthews tell me about them while they are on another channel actually debating important issues. And according to the ratings, neither would most "liberal" viewers.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Dumb as a fox.

//
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Oh please. As if anyone in those countries watches Fox News. It's technically available on some satellite services in 40 countries (most of which are absolute no-name countries) I'd love to see the ratings that Fox News gets compared to other news services in those countries; it must be laughable. It kind of reminds me of the "coalition of the willing" lol. And nice selective nit picking of my post, I guess you really do get your cues from Fox News.