PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For you old timers out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always considered BB a very good coach. But what he used to do to Bledsoe when he was with the Jets was incredible.

BB wasn't DC when Parcells first got here. He came on a year or 2 later...I remember at the time I was thinking he was next in line here. And he really was but he first went with BP to the Jets and we had to deal with Pete Carroll.

Browns - Patriots playoff. 94?

The Parcells - BB / Master Pupil game.

Also in that game, I remember the end of the game. Pats had a 4th and 10. Drew threw a pass that hit the ground 7 yards past the line of scrimage.

If you want to learn more about the 49 year history of the Patriots you should check out the Total Patriots Encyclopedia that was just published by Triumph Books.

I am not an old fogey, but for me it was 1985 and the adventure of the goalpost that was torn down and transported down route one in Foxboro that got tangled up in some high voltage lines. That introduced me to the New England Patriots and the game of football because that was in the papers for days.

Thanks to the wonderful judicial process that this great country has, a couple of those intoxicated fans became millionaires overnight as a result of their hair-raising experiences. The town of Foxboro and some security firm were sued.

It is not known if the wires were raised higher in the eventuality that the goalpost should ever get nicked again and paraded southward.

...so when BB became head coach, my first reaction was "I wonder how this guy will do without Parcells." He's done well to say the least.

Regards,
Chris

LOL Parcells w/o Belichick, not so much.

I had the same reaction, by the way. That and "wasn't he about .500 in Cleveland?"

Someone else mentioned "Education of a Coach." My favorite story in there is Parcells on the headset so everyone on the staff can hear it saying "that's why you'll never be a head coach."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back