PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For what it's worth: Holley says he thinks Pats/Branch deal will get done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...by the end of the week. Now it's just his opinion but he was keyed in on when the Seymour stuff was going to get done last year (I think he had it a week off). He just spent the last 2 weeks on vacation writing his Bruschi book and I was hoping he'd drop a hint about Tedy's injury. The only mention he made about Bruschi was that it was a joy getting up at 5:00am to talk to him. Hopefully he's right about Branch and let's something slip about Tedy.

Yeah right.:rolleyes:
I'll believe it when I see it.
Sorry for being so skeptical PatsRI. Thanks for posting the info though.
When it comes to the Boston media...I can't help but have my doubts.

When did he say this?

And did he give any idea of where this opinion came from?

A "deal" will get done and sooner rather than later with the season approaching. Him sitting out helps neither side.

Now, the question is what does he mean by "deal". Does he mean Kraft slips him an extra $500K to make it "fair" that he plays for a mere $1.5M this year. Or does he mean a legit contract extension. That's the question, I have no doubt the little twerp (falling back to my English heritage) will play and look like he never missed a beat.

BelichickFan said:
A "deal" will get done and sooner rather than later with the season approaching. Him sitting out helps neither side.

Now, the question is what does he mean by "deal". Does he mean Kraft slips him an extra $500K to make it "fair" that he plays for a mere $1.5M this year. Or does he mean a legit contract extension. That's the question, I have no doubt the little twerp (falling back to my English heritage) will play and look like he never missed a beat.

They could give him an extra 500k just by wiaving the fines he has built up.

Waiving the fines and getting back to negotiating as soon as he comes back to camp does have a certain face saving capabilty for both sides.

Most of the boston media have no clue the majority of the time. However Holley seems to be right on the money when he does speak out. He doesn't give these "predictions" a lot, but he's got a pretty good track record here. My guess is he doesn't usually open his mouth unless he's got a really good source---let's hope he's right:cool:

mtbykr said:
Most of the boston media have no clue the majority of the time. However Holley seems to be right on the money when he does speak out. He doesn't give these "predictions" a lot, but he's got a pretty good track record here. My guess is he doesn't usually open his mouth unless he's got a really good source---let's hope he's right:cool:

I agree while most blow smoke, Holley usually gets some pretty good scoops and is more reliable than most. He usually does not put his neck out, unless he has reliable information.

I wasn't listening this AM so I don't know the context but it may be the simply they need him rationale coupled with rumors he is in the area led Michael to put two and two together. I think he's in the area so the QB won't have to fly out to work with him. I hope the QB doesn't wear out his shoulder trying to keep Deion up to speed. It's probably time to tell him if he wants to catch any more passes from Tommy he best get his ass back to Gillette.

I don't think they can afford to do a deal with him until months after he returns of his own volition for business reasons, much as they may need him for football reasons. Not to say they couldn't leave the door open to ink the deal they already offered, and reportedly pulled off the table once the request to waive the franchise tag for 2007 was Chayut's counter. Just can't see them negotiating with him any further as a result of a holdout. And I don't see how they can slip him any more money (because unlike Seymour his deal is in it's final year) or that that would get it done in this case. He stood to pocket $4M several weeks ago had he taken the 3/$19M offer.

I do think he will be back if not this week then next because I think he will blink before BB and Pioli do. I think that is what happened with Seymour too - I think after the first few days of camp he started to get concerned that this holdout business could get to be a problem for him as well as the team and was willing to come in for basically a lick and a promise. Lke BB says taking away their money is one thing, taking away their stage is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back