PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I never said anything about michal vicks dogs being a bad representation. I pointed out that putting that picture up (of a mixed breed PITX) trying to MAUL somebody was IRRESPONSIBLE and a BAD representation regardless of what Vick has done. How does that not make any sense? Albeit what Vick has done, putting a picture of a pitx trying to maul him only adds to the misconception of the breed. Like I said. I understand the intent of the joke. And, I also know that there was no harm meant in it. However, it was a bad one to make.

I think that people with half a brain know you mean well. But, if they look at that photo of vick being attacked by a pitbull, and have negative attitude towards pittbulls, just becuase of that photo, then the hell with them. Those people have nuthing but sawdust in their brain and need help. They are folks with weak minds and IQ of Forest Gump. I'd be too woried about that photo my Pat Friend.
PS: Only 4 days away from having The Simpons DVD movie. You gotta love China.

Attachments

• Wrognplace[1].jpg
    Wrognplace[1].jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 61
"I wouldn’t be too worried" is what I ment to say

They Have decided to make a second Underdog movie the villian Michael Vick

You are right, the dog is a mix. I know you have been slamming Vick the whole time, and like I said in my post, I get the joke, I really do. Sorry, I just think it's irresponsible to post a picture like that. I'm coming from a different place than you guys are I guess. It's just a bad representation of the breed, regardless of what Vick did. Like I was saying, just my opinion.
As another proud Pit owner, I know where you're coming from. Every time I see something that paints the breed in a negative light, even in jest, it makes me cringe a little. However, the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was, "damn, another nasty Golden Retriever". Nothing about that dog says Pit Bull to me. (Golden's are actually notorious biters.)

Says Mike Vick: "I didn't starve those dogs. Their food was in a secret compartment under their water bowls."
:rofl: Classic.

Since this can of worms has been opened, I'd like to ask a question about pitbulls: They got their name for their reputation as fighting dogs, right? I love all animals, dogs especially, but pitbulls have always creeped me out a little, probably because they have a slight "reptilian" look to them. They seem to be popular with inner-city folk because of their tough reputation. Are they aggressive dogs by nature? Just curious.

Sweetest, most trustworthy dog I have ever owned. You come to the door as a stranger, she just may 'boing' up about face high to try to lick you to death. Completely "people oriented". Loves kids. Other dogs, deer, moose, cats, skunks, squirels, moles, etc... she'd like to kill, but people, she loves. I get much more nervous with our German Sheppard around people, but I have total trust with my little Pit. Lovable, loyal, super smart, and very easy to train... best dog I've ever owned. (Total chick magnet too. Damn thing won't fetch though. You throw a ball, and the dog just looks at you like you're strange.)

However, the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was, "damn, another nasty Golden Retriever".

And I thought it was a yellow lab... I think people automatically think it's a pitbull because he's being indicted for dogfighting and had 60 pitbulls on his property...

Great dogs, I love pitbulls...

Sigpic.jpg

JadeandMackensie1.jpg

BabyreadytogoswimmingwithJadeencour.jpg

TheFantasticFour.jpg

Oh, for Pete's sake.

One of my dogs, Loki, is a lab/pit mix (we got him from the pound at like five weeks) and he is an awesome dog. He loves people, other dogs, and our cats. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Having said that, the people who are posting that pits are like any other breed are fooling themselves. Pits are great dogs with the right owners, but they were bred for fighting, and they're a naturally aggressive breed because of that.

There's a reason that you don't hear about people being mauled by Golden Retrievers, or Labs, or Jack Russells, or even German Shepherds every other day, and that's because it practically never happens. Different breeds of dog, like any other animal, have different characteristics, and pits just happen to like to eat babies.

Kidding! :D

That's awesome. How about they just let Vick line up with no offensive line or none of the other skill players, and pin him against 11 pitbuls. No pads either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back