PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those worried about our D and lack of Defensive draft choices.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry too much. It was our offense that choked in our playoff loss. Our Defense was playing fine in the Bronco Game. Fumbles on special teams, fumbles running the ball, and the big INT all killed our beloved Pats.

The defense may not be Pats D circa 2003, but it should be good enough to win 12 games and possibly another SB.

Do I feel THIS particular team is good enough to win SB XLI ? In a word, yes, but of course there are many other factors, not the least of which is the Patriots injury bug which has hit them hard the last 3 years. So "If" is the biggest word for the 2006 Pats. IF-they stay healthy they should be a major force since they finally have a favorable schedule compared to 2004 & 2005. IF- Harrison comes back strong, the defense should be pretty darn good. The secondary without Harrison is more quantity than quality. I think someone steps up if Harrison goes on PUP for 6 games. I wouldn't be suprised if a guy like Chad Scott gives us some decent veteran leadership in Harrison's spot if Harrison isn't ready (Also if we sign Ty Law, I think we will be in better shape). Injuries will play a key role as far as who wins SB XLI, Look at Pittsburgh & Seattle last year, virtually no major injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back