PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those worried about BB burning out and leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From ProJo.com:
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061202_02patsjo.316a7a1.html
"As happens often on Friday when the gathering is smallest for his press sessions, Belichick was more relaxed and willing to chat. Asked by a national writer about the long hours his job demands, Belichick went into detail about how he likes the job.
"I enjoy it. I really do," he said. "I enjoy coming in here. I enjoy the preparation and the competition of the game. We're going up against a great team every week, another great coach every week. Teams that, I know, work just as hard as we do, or harder. And we have to try to find some way to be a little bit better. That's invigorating. It's very challenging. It's a rush. It's a huge rush."
---
Sounds like a guy that still loves the game and coaching. He has the fire still from reading into this.

Nice quote. I've never been too concerned about it - mostly because the way the team is run it's clear he plans to be around for a while. Otherwise he'd have used cap space to sign The Twig and let the next coach worry about it. Bill has an extra #1 to use, that doesn't sound like a guy planning to watch from Nantucket :)

I would feel better if we had him locked up long term.
Perhaps its already been done?

I would feel better if we had him locked up long term.
Perhaps its already been done?

It just doesn't work that way.

With players, you're worried about them leaving and going to another team so you try to keep them with a long-term contract. That's pretty unlikely with BB, so long as the ownership let him have his way -- and why on earth should they stop doing that, given how well it's worked so far?

With BB it's burn-out and retirement that are the threat. A contract won't help you there. You can't force a guy to perform with the kind of commitment that BB shows if he no longer wants to.

I agree with the other posters: BB is still firing. Long may it continue!

I'm just glad he tossed the jets job to come here....and i will continue (hopfully a long time) to watch him patrol the sidelines of the razor!:rocker:

Good news quote. As someone who is even a little older than Bill, how long he stays is pretty much based on what *he* wants to do, now that he has established himself forever as one of the best coaches ever in the NFL. As long he has the fire to go to work every day, he will be around for as long as he likes.

Deep down inside each one of us has a life-goal we want to fulfill before we hang it up. For BB maybe he wants to go out as the coach with the most SB wins.

I can live with that.

And we have to try to find some way to be a little bit better. That's invigorating. It's very challenging. It's a rush. It's a huge rush."

Nice to know Belichick inhales ... lots of coaches out there who are pretenders. I don't see him coaching anywhere else because he loves the area. If and when he gets burnt out my guess is he goes and coaches a Division II or III school where he doesn't have to recruit as much but still gets his hands dirty mixing the plan and teaching the players.

When our man does hang it up, I'll tell you who I wouldn't mind seeing replace him (assuming Josh McDaniels has a HC job elsewhere by then ;)) - Urban Meyer.

Gotta love his mystique, never truly know what he is thinking and always provides enough distraction to keep you guessing. While some wear their stuff on their sleeve, BB always provides some intrigue for all of us. Do not think he is going anywhere, he is responsible for helping to create the Bob Kraft Mega empire and am confident that he is or will be taken care of by the Kraft family. He will be involved with this franchise either on the field or in the front office as a consultant.

I've always thought that the job that BB would really love doesn't exist but it would have a title like "Director of Coaching Development" for the NFL. He'd spend his time going around talking to coaches, running training programs for them, helping them develop ideas. Everyone knows that this is when he is most happy -- talking football and exchanging ideas with his football pals (Saban, Jimmy Johnson, Urban Meyer, the Perfidious Penguin ...)

In my nightmares, BB wins another Superbowl and the League creates such a post for him, encouraged by Bill Polian.

That quote and a dollar will buy you a Coke.

Does anyone actually believe BB would reveal his true feelings/intentions to the Boston media? Hes not wired that way. He would never admit that " Yeah, I have practically lived at Gillette for the last 7 years"

Furthermore, if there was even the slightest indication that BB might hang the headset up in the near future the media frenzy would be something the likes of NE has never seen. Not to mention the fans camped out at his house with Morton's Steakhouse gift certificates begging him to stay.

IMO, if NE wins the SB this year BB will hang it up and smell the roses. Justly deserved too. There would be nothing left to prove at the NFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back