PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those wanting LBs: Desmond Bishop?

Spikes has great quarterback reading ability and good at finding the ball over the middle of the field during passing downs, the only problem is the fact that he lacks speed and quickness but he has been working on that this off season.

Jamie Collins has exceptional speed and quickness and played safety in college and has experience covering tightends, backs out of the backfield, and receivers. Gifted and smart athlete that I believe will make an excellent cover linebacker. That's why as mentioned, Bill Belichick signed him.

And I also don't believe that Jerod Mayo is bad in coverage, Dont'a is learning we'll have to wait and see and Rob Ninkovich is underrated in coverage, he is a very good cover guy when asked to.

Not to mention with the addition of Adrian Wilson, that has soo much of an impact up front and back in the passing game that it really doesn't matter anyways.

Hopefully the additions of Collins, A.Wilson, and Fletcher can add to the improvement of the inability and obvious weakness that was covering the TE/RB/WR3 and WR4.

Believe it or not, the defense did fine against opposing WR1 and WR2's last season. It was just about everything else that they failed at, so the addition and improvement of some key players will go an awful long way.

I can't say that I'm as optimistic as you are (and that goes for whatever we're talking about), in terms of Spikes' and Hightower's coverage abilities or tendency to improve or learn. I think they are both enormous liabilities in that regard and will lose 8.5/10 of those battles.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back