PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those thinking it was Brady's fault and that Eli is more "clutch"

Status
Not open for further replies.
FACT: Brady has not been clutch in a big game ( A game that has a lot on the line ) in more than 5 years. He may have won some games, but not because his clutch performance. It was either a blow out or a defensive stop, etc...

Eli meanwhile has been clutch all year, and was ultra clutch in 07.

Eli is the best QB right now. I'm not interested in Stats, we didn't care about stats when Peyton was compiling stats and we were winning Super Bowls, I am not about to start caring about Stats right now.

We need a defense which can rise to the occasion and more balance on offense.

Brady had less than 1 minute in last 2 SBs..Given 2 minutes, he probably wins as well.. It's more about opportunity..Eli has had the ball last with enough time to drive down the field far more often.

Yeah 9-7. Wicked clutch... :rolleyes:

The Giants needed to win just about every game at the mid way point to even make the playoffs... He lead the league in 4th Quarter TDs... CLUTCH.

Boy did NBC's coverage stink even worse than I thought it was.

First I have been criticizing Brady for that spin move that eventually ended up with the Tuck sack. If seen on NFL Network, it is still hard to see where Brady thought he was going with that but I think what looked on NBC more like a pure spin move was Brady sort of falling down and then trying to recover his balance. Still a very awkward and not very athletic play....and very typical for Brady who is not that athletic in that sense.

The other play that looks different on NFL Networks is the Welker play.

From the NFL Networks perspective you can see Welker has spun in the air and is on the way down and away from the ball when it hits his hands. Don't know how many people have tried a catch like that but that is a much more difficult catch to make than if his momentum was carrying him into the ball. You know your momentum is carrying you away from the play and you have more of a tendency to grab for the ball as opposed to getting your hands in position to draw the ball into them and eventually control it.

So the throw was not only higher (overthrown really) than it needed to be but it was thrown more toward the sideline than I saw from the NBC Network angle and really a much harder catch to make.

Not sure why NBC did not at least have access to those camera angles. You figure they are the official network of the SB and you would think that the NFL would have wanted the NBC director to be able to call up those shots if he wanted them. Anyway if you have NFL Network you should be able to see that camera angle on the Welker play.

It is still on both Brady and Welker that the play was not made but I have said all morning that I thought Brady made a poor throw more than Welker simply dropped a ball that he should have caught. I think the NFL Network shot shows that more clearly.

The difference is Eli needed to be clutch during the season, Brady was always up most of their games. Big difference. Doesn't make Eli more clutch..dummies!

Brady had less than 1 minute in last 2 SBs..Given 2 minutes, he probably wins as well.. It's more about opportunity..Eli has had the ball last with enough time to drive down the field far more often.

The second to last drive was a nightmare for the Coaching staff and Brady. It was poor play calling, and poor execution. We played to run the clock out with a 2 point lead. How stupid is that... you drain the clock to ensure you have no time when the other team kicks a field goal or scores a TD.

With 9 minutes you play to win the game... you drive for a TD... and the play calling and actions were to run clock and play not to lose...

And they lost, they didn't go for it... They didn't go for the win... and it cost em. Same story in every Giants game we have played.

Brady and BB have a mental block in decision making and execution when it comes to the 4th quarter against the Giants. 3 out 3 is a trend...

So two games against 49ers unable to produce in the clutch (2-3 possession in conf final) a pick on final drive vs Seahawks, a fumble on final drive vs Eagles.
So many close games you likely will set a record, fact is he was clutch about 60-65% of the times

The difference is Eli needed to be clutch during the season, Brady was always up most of their games. Big difference. Doesn't make Eli more clutch..dummies!

Yes.... Yes it does... That would be the exact meaning.

Eli performed in the Clutch last night, did you see that pass down the sideline? He drove them 80+ yards for the win eating up 5+ minutes to SEAL the game.

Brady's never had over 14 in a season, Eli? :rolleyes:

Hats off to his SB win but If we're gonna start throwing stones, there's an Eli barrel of cannon fodder sitting on a shelf.

Again hats off to Eli, nice kid, played well.

Last edited:
6-0 During Elimination games this year...Wicked clutch:D
WHAT ABOUT 2009 AND 2010 ? where was the "clutch" when they didnt make the playoffs two years in a row? I guess Rodgers is more Clutch than ELI after all he had 2 concussions and still won the SB entering as a wildcard

Last edited:
WHAT ABOUT 2009 AND 2010 ? where was the "clutch" when they didnt make the playoffs two years in a row? I guess Rodgers is more Clutch than ELI after all he had 2 concussions and still won the SB entering as a wildcard

ELI Clutch Manning, all day everyday. Check the resume, under 2007 and 2011 seasons. Thank you sir. Your point is MOOT, and if you'd like to call Rodgers Clutch I would check his resume also under 2011 Divisional Round Playoffs. (All though last year was pretty clutch, but that was last year)

Some of you really need to remove the chips on your shoulders and just get over it. Eli has comfortably put himself in the class of the elite Quarterbacks with his second Superbowl win. The perfect Manningham throw and subsequent Superbowl winning touchdown drive should have confirmed this to many.

Get a clue! Tom Brady might have not played perfect, but Welker makes that catch 1000/1001 attempts. Unfortunately, he didn't whereas Manning's receivers make all the plays look at both catches in the Super Bowls we lost to them. UNREAL. And the idiots on first take blaming Brady saying it was a wide open Welker, well there were 3 Giants with 4-5 yards of Welker and Brady threw it only where Welker could catch it. I love Wes but this is on him (the play not the loss). Then Branch virtually killing any chance of a last minute drive with the drop that would have been 20+ yards in the first play. Eli's receivers > Tom's receivers in the CLUTCH. And it came down to that.

Yesterday, in the heat of the moment, I said I didn't want Welker back and I am an idiot for even saying that.

Gronkowski's injury also played a huge role in this game. It was evident that the gameplan was different. I don't know if I hate Manning of Pollard more.

I agree with this in part, I don't get why he threw it up to a clearly hobbled Gronk though. Also Brady wasn't as accurate after he got his shoulder banged up.

Last edited:
CMON MAN! that was weak. (Lee Evans "Cough")

Sterling Moore.

If we're going to talk about the "breaks" the Giants got, it's not even close. Why don't you go troll somewhere else?

Sterling Moore.

If we're going to talk about the "breaks" the Giants got, it's not even close. Why don't you go troll somewhere else?

Wow, testy. All I'm saying is that Eli is Clutch, is this now what the discussion was about? Nobody is trolling. Just Saying 6-0 plus a fat side of SB Champion and SB MVP for dessert is the feast you get when are Clutch.

ELI Clutch Manning, all day everyday. Check the resume, under 2007 and 2011 seasons. Thank you sir. Your point is MOOT, and if you'd like to call Rodgers Clutch I would check his resume also under 2011 Divisional Round Playoffs. (All though last year was pretty clutch, but that was last year)

when was 2007? and now that 2011 season is over wont your logic of "BUT THAT WAS LAST YEAR" apply in this scenario? :confused:

What do you mean by clutch? Do you mean their play the entire game? Or just in the "clutch" moments? In those moments, both Eli and Brady were perfect. Unfortunately, Eli's receivers caught the balls, Brady's dropped three straight. Brady threw the game-winning pass, Welker dropped it. Yes, Brady screwed up on the first offensive play, but since when does the first play of the game count as a clutch situation? You can argue that Brady overall played poorly, but in the clutch situations (end of the 2nd and 4th quarters) he was great, and if Welker catches that ball we would be talking about how clutch he is, despite the fact that Brady would have done nothing differently.

Did Eli get away from 3 300lb men in order to be able to toss that pass to Tyree?

I call that clutch .... I don't know how many QBs would have been able to escape that situation.

The next generation of Elite QBs will unfortunately include Eli,but it is what it is.

Ummmm....I know how he did it. His OL were BLATANTLY HOLDING Seymour, Green and Warren (while they had Gomer in the clutch by the way and the ref is standing there with his whistle in his mouth but NEVER blew the play dead...as if saying "well let me see if that boy can get out of it before I blow this whistle"......that is how somewhere there is a picture of that play with all gints linemen with a fistful of patriots jersey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back