PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those looking to buy tickets: be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sold tickets on craigslist in the past. You just have to be careful about who you are buying from.

If you do the craigslist route make sure they accept paypal. If they don't it's a dead giveaway.

If you do the craigslist route make sure they accept paypal. If they don't it's a dead giveaway.

I would just pay the extra $$ for a site like ace or stub..at least you know what you are getting even if you have to pay for it...craigslist last year sold what..1,000 fake tickets that looked like the real thing for the afc champ game?

I ONLY buy on Stub Hub or other recognized brokers like Ace. Too much of a bummer to risk getting turned away at the gate.

I ONLY buy on Stub Hub or other recognized brokers like Ace. Too much of a bummer to risk getting turned away at the gate.

yeah i agree but stub hub has had it's issues as well..just not widespread

I would just pay the extra $$ for a site like ace or stub..at least you know what you are getting even if you have to pay for it...craigslist last year sold what..1,000 fake tickets that looked like the real thing for the afc champ game?

No doubt. Just saying that if someone still thinks its a good idea to use Craigslist make sure they accept a payment form where you can get your money back.

Watch out for those sellers that have recently been in car accidents and/or suffering from leukemia. Just a heads up!

The print at home tickets should raise a red flag. Sellers can print out as many copies as they want and as a buyer you have no idea if the seller pulled this scam or not. If you have one of these tickets (with potentially multiple copies of your ticket in circulation) the first one scanned gets in and the rest are denied so try to get there early.

This is a Craig's list scam. I'm not sure if people do this on Stubhub or not.

The print at home tickets should raise a red flag. Sellers can print out as many copies as they want and as a buyer you have no idea if the seller pulled this scam or not. If you have one of these tickets (with potentially multiple copies of your ticket in circulation) the first one scanned gets in and the rest are denied so try to get there early.

This is a Craig's list scam. I'm not sure if people do this on Stubhub or not.

last year i got my afc champ tix on stubhub. had them shipped and saw they were printed tix. But they were on a special piece of paper where you can't make copies otherwise the paper turns all black..like a security paper. pretty expensive when i looked it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes