PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those interested, Brady on WEEI Monday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: For those interested,Brady on Weei Monday morning

For those interested...

If it means listening to Mr. Potato Head and Charlie Brown, forget it.

If it means listening to Mr. Potato Head and Charlie Brown, forget it.
LOL...priceless!

Breer is having a constructive morning and serving his readers well...posting transcribed comments so we don't have to endure D&C...

Brady wants to play his entire career here. He's realistic, but says it's about providing value and he intends to do whatever it takes so he continues to do that here...

Also some comments on Mankins and the union position on a lockout and an 18 game season.

Some comments Logan should read as well on how he views his own contract vs. Manning and the other QB's...

(On speculation om Manning's deal) "I know what he’s gonna make, he’s gonna make a lot and he deserves it," Brady said. "He’s one of best to ever play. You know, honestly, it’s not about that. When it’s all said and done, I’m not gonna sit and worry about who made more money. All these other quarterbacks in the league and what they make, I don’t care what they get. Whatever works for me and the team, that’s what it’ll be. I don’t really care who makes more."

(On the contract in general) The thing is, no matter what I want, it doesn’t matter. I could say this is exactly what I want. I’m not gonna be really attached to that, because it’s not up to me. There are a lot of people involved. Every player on the team wants a contract, and to be fairly compensated. So does Logan (Mankins), you know? So did Vince (Wilfork) last year, so do all the other third-year guys, so does Wes (Welker). I mean, Wes doesn’t make a lot of money, but he’s one of best receivers in the league. We all want to be compensated fairly, but we also understand we signed contracts and that’s why we’re here to show up and give our best.

(On showing up without a new deal) That’s how my dad would want me to handle it, and that’s how he taught me to handle it. Show up and play and do what you said you’re gonna do and that’s what I’m doing. That’s where my mind’s at. I just want to have a great season. I want to be the leader the team expects me to be. I want to play at a level that I expect myself to play at. If your mind is full of all these things – ‘Man, I wish it was like this’ or ‘I wish it was like that’ – then it really defeats the attitude, it’s really a self-destructive attitude. Now if everything was up to me like it’s up to a professional golfer, that’s different. But it’s a team sport and a team relationship.

Manning may have better comedic timing and cumulative stats...but god I love having TFB as my QB. He's far more well spoken and a whole lot better lookin...:D

Brady: 'I'd love to be here my whole career' - Extra Points - Boston.com

Breer is having a constructive morning and serving his readers well...posting transcribed comments so we don't have to endure D&C...

Brady wants to play his entire career here. He's realistic, but says it's about providing value and he intends to do whatever it takes so he continues to do that here...

Also some comments on Mankins and the union position on a lockout and an 18 game season.

Some comments Logan should read as well on how he views his own contract vs. Manning and the other QB's...

Manning may have better comedic timing and cumulative stats...but god I love having TFB as my QB. He's far more well spoken and a whole lot better lookin...:D

Brady: 'I'd love to be here my whole career' - Extra Points - Boston.com

Looks like Silver was right on the Welker front.

Looks like Silver was right on the Welker front.

Could anyone really doubt it? If you regularly led the league in receptions for $3.5M/year, wouldn't you feel underpaid?

Wes deserves more, but he also knows he signed a contract and is honoring it, bless him. This is year #4 of a 5-year deal, which he knows is 1 year too early for a Pats renegotiation. Let's hope labor trouble doesn't prevent the well-earned extension next year.

What I love about Tom Brady is how genuine he is.
This interview is a must listen for anyone even remotely nervous about TB leaving
TB ain't goin' nowhere.
Look for the Boston mediots to blow up on Tom's mere mention of Wes Welker
Kon, yeah Silver was right....water is wet, fire is hot and Wes Welker is underpaid
Such insight! :D

Last edited:

Could anyone really doubt it? If you regularly led the league in receptions for $3.5M/year, wouldn't you feel underpaid?

Wes deserves more, but he also knows he signed a contract and is honoring it, bless him. This is year #4 of a 5-year deal, which he knows is 1 year too early for a Pats renegotiation. Let's hope labor trouble doesn't prevent the well-earned extension next year.

More than one person here doubted it, quite forcefully. It was part of the continuing saga of "Let's bash the media".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/384772-michael-silver-again.html

More than one person here doubted it, quite forcefully. It was part of the continuing saga of "Let's bash the media".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/384772-michael-silver-again.html

The media bashing has more to do with the media's tenor and agenda than the actual topic.

Example: Wes Welker would like more money.

Media: Welker unhappy with current deal! He accelerated his recovery to prove his worth and get the money he so rightfully deserves. If this does not get resolved soon - this could really blow up!

Here's another (and I am no Burgess fan)

Fact: Burgess finally shows up to camp debunks retirement talk. Says he had personal family matters to address. Belichick told him to take his time.

Media: Burgess says he never considered retirement. He says he had family issues to work out. He says Bill told him to take whatever time he needed. At practice he sure looked like someone who is uninterested in being there. Why would Bill tell him to take his time? Bill never does that. Will Burgess' head be in the game? Does Burgess care? Why does Bill protect him? We think it's because he can't admit his mistake! Yes, and Burgess is here because he did not want to attend two-a-days....yes, that's it!

Last edited:

The media bashing has more to do with the media's tenor and agenda than the actual topic.

Media: Welker unhappy with current deal! He accelerated his recovery to prove his worth and get the money he so rightfully deserves. If this does not get resolved soon - this could really blow up!

It's not about "tenor", it's about content. The same crap happens no matter who's writing the discouraging word. Even Reiss has gotten the "Well, he USED to" sort of treatment, although it was much milder.

Last edited:

the media bashing has more to do with the media's tenor and agenda than the actual topic.

Example: Wes welker would like more money.

Exactly!!!!!! It's never the topic itself. It's how the mediots "create" their storyline.

It's not about "tenor", it's about content. The same crap happens no matter who's writing the discouraging word. Even Reiss has gotten the "Well, he USED to" sort of treatment, although it was much milder.

What "content" have the mediots given us vis-a-vis Brady's relationship with the Patriots?
They've all had a lot to say about it.
Where was the "content" (i.e.factual basis) vs their spin/opinion??
I'll ask it again
If you heard Brady's interview this morning did he sound like there is a "disconnect" to you?
And will the mediots accurately report (or report at all) on Brady's glowing comments about the Kraft family, about Bill Belichick, about the great facilities they have to work with, about how he loves living in Boston?
Or will the big mediot play be about his Wes Welker reference?
People have a very low opinion of ALL media and that reputation is well deserved

I've got no problem with legitmate critical commentary about this team/organization.
But how much "legit" i.e fact based balanced commentary do we actually get especially from the print mediots

Last edited:

I disgaree. The media can take a fact and twist it to suit their agenda. That should be left to the fans, not the media who have much too much power and think of themselves as celebrities. They really do.

I like Reiss. Sure, he injects his opinion - but the the tenor is even-keeled. There is a big difference between writing a story and adding your analysis - or writing a story and making it bigger than it really is for hits and national attention. They get away with it too because sensationalism sells and even if you are wrong - you created buzz. Just ask Red Sox Beat Writer John Tomasse (who I would LOVE to punch in the face).

Last edited:

There were actually a lot of people that doubted it, me included. Although, my criticism had more to do with how poorly written the article was itself, but I still wasn't buying it. This is now concrete.

And yes, Wes is very underpaid. I expect he'll be handsomely rewarded with a fat one come time to re-up.

Last edited:

What "content" have the mediots given us vis-a-vis Brady's relationship with the Patriots?
They've all had a lot to say about it.
Where was the "content" (i.e.factual basis) vs their spin/opinion??
I'll ask it again
If you heard Brady's interview this morning did he sound like there is a "disconnect" to you?
And will the mediots accurately report (or report at all) on Brady's glowing comments about the Kraft family, about Bill Belichick, about the great facilities they have to work with, about how he loves living in Boston?
Or will the big mediot play be about his Wes Welker reference?
People have a very low opinion of ALL media and that reputation is well deserved

I've got no problem with legitmate critical commentary about this team/organization.
But how much "legit" i.e fact based balanced commentary do we actually get especially from the print mediots
very well said. the media in this country is and has been absolutely pathetic is every possible way one can imagine. gone are the days of professionalism ethics and journalistic integrity.

Spin 101, we've seen 'em do it! The follow-up story would probably include something about body language...;)

Plus he has the best hair lol;)

Thanks for posting the transcript, another very cool interview from TFB.

I disgaree. The media can take a fact and twist it to suit their agenda. That should be left to the fans, not the media who have much too much power and think of themselves as celebrities. They really do.

I like Reiss. Sure, he injects his opinion - but the the tenor is even-keeled. There is a big difference between writing a story and adding your analysis - or writing a story and making it bigger than it really is for hits and national attention. They get away with it too because sensationalism sells and even if you are wrong - you created buzz. Just ask Red Sox Beat Writer John Tomasse (who I would LOVE to punch in the face).

Nonsense. Peter King throws out flowers to the Patriots in about 99 out of every hundred Patriots mentions. The moment he dared criticize the team, it was as if he shot the Pope, his mother and Mother Theresa all in the same moment.

It's content, not tenor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing