PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those 'elder members' here the Stupor Bowl of 1981 shows alot has changed since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: For those 'elder members' here the Stupor Bowl of 1981 shows alot has changed sin

I thought that was called the Toilet Bowl. I'm pretty sure it was.

Re: For those 'elder members' here the Stupor Bowl of 1981 shows alot has changed sin

I remember the Stupor Bowl well.

At least we got Tippet. I remember the name but not the game. Thoses were my party days and probably was at one,or had a horrific hangeover.

I can still remember the photo in the next day's Globe of Ron Earhadt shaking hands with (IIRC) Ted Marchibroda.

Two more dejected looking human beings I had never before seen.

"hard to imagine two division rivals in the NFL having a more ignominious history between 1981 and 2000."

I didn't think our wild card victories over Miami the Raiders and the Jets on the way to the Super Bowl were ignominious.

The Colts had a few winning seasons, but generally sucked.

I really enjoyed our teams in the 1980's. We had some really good teams in the late 90's too, including another Super Bowl appearance.

Actually, it's hard to imagine the 2001 team being over .500 without the core players of the '97 team.

I imagine a lot of teams would consider two Bowl appearances in two decades to be an improvement, rather than a disgrace.

I remember the game. Both teams tried their hardest to lose. Ah the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back