PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those at the game...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGreed. The crowd was in it until about 11 minutes to go. Then it was sporadic, as every time something good happened, something disasterous happened right after. Then it was shocked silence until the 2 minute warning when the Ravens fans gathered in a few rows behind the Ravens bench and were loud. Most of the Pats fans had left by then. I tried to stay until the very end to see what may be the last Patriots receptions by Branch and Welker, but even I gave up the ghost when Brady threw that INT in the endzone. Just a terrible game by our team. Time to look towards next year because there's nothing else we can do.

We stuck it out until about 4 minutes to go and there was simply no comeback- as we walked to the final exit - last widescreen showed 2 min warning.

Our goose was cooked.

Crowd was decent most of the way - If, in the 4th we had brought it back to a one score game, this crowd would have been right there. There were a few Raven fans in our section, i didn't find them obnoxious at all (unlike steeler or jet fans).

Proven again - it's HARD to win Superbowls and as each year passes, my appreciation for the three banners we do have grows and grows.

I still think Brady wins at least one more maybe 2 before he is done. I really do.

Ahhhhhhh d%#*!@t - is it draft day yet??

You win! Didn't want to see the Ravens take the trophy in our house. Feeling sorry for myself (sniff). Oh well, at least we don't have to spend all that dough going to the Superbowl, right?

Yes, a "hassle" I gladly would've taken on. (I need to cancel the plane tickets I bought.) :(

Yes, a "hassle" I gladly would've taken on. (I need to cancel the plane tickets I bought.) :(

i had to cancel my "fully refundable" southwest tix - and rental car and hotel rooms and tix for nfl experience and game day nfl tailgate...........sigh.

Sorry the pats put on a **** show for us that went to the game. It didn't feel right when brady screwed up the TO and we only got a FG. Should we get an apology letter? Box of chocolates?

No hes fine, you were the 2 teams left in the AFC to go to the SB. If he was choking you wouldnt be there, or in the SB last year. Its just perspective.
I mean is Brees choking because he hasnt made it pass the 1st round since 2009 ?
No, just bad defense. Cut Brady some slack, he an amazing QB, and your lucky to have him.

There were more opposing team fans at this playoff game than any I've been at in the past 6 or 7 years. There's usually quite a few Jets fans at their games but this past Sunday, there were a lot of Ravens fans. In my section (225), there were probably 20 or 30, with 4 of them in the front row of the section whooping it up as the game got out of control. It was very disappointing to see.

I blame the fair-weather season ticket holders. They saw cold & wind in the forecast and dumped their tickets. The Ravens fan sitting next to me asked me if I was the guy he PayPal'ed the money to. H wanted to thank me. Apparently, he bought the tickets off Craig's List.

FWIW, my daughter's friend was sitting in a suite (luxury box) and she said her company sold half (6) of their tickets and all of them were bought by Ravens fans. I guess I didn't have it as bad as her. Ha ha.

Yes indeed. Why don't you take the missus to FL? Southwest flies there every day and I think Southwest is the only airline that lets you switch a flight without a big fee.

There were more opposing team fans at this playoff game than any I've been at in the past 6 or 7 years. There's usually quite a few Jets fans at their games but this past Sunday, there were a lot of Ravens fans. In my section (225), there were probably 20 or 30, with 4 of them in the front row of the section whooping it up as the game got out of control. It was very disappointing to see.

I blame the fair-weather season ticket holders. They saw cold & wind in the forecast and dumped their tickets. The Ravens fan sitting next to me asked me if I was the guy he PayPal'ed the money to. H wanted to thank me. Apparently, he bought the tickets off Craig's List.

FWIW, my daughter's friend was sitting in a suite (luxury box) and she said her company sold half (6) of their tickets and all of them were bought by Ravens fans. I guess I didn't have it as bad as her. Ha ha.

I don't think there were that many more there - it's just that when the Ravens pulled away at the end of the game they all gathered in one spot and whooped it up, while the Pats fans were leaving in stunned silence. It concentrated their pretty small numbers. Also, don't blame "fair weather season ticket holders." Individual season ticket holders (like the ones on this board) are not fair weather fans. We are die hard fans that go to every game we can, certainly the playoffs, and know how to dress for the cold weather. We often buy more tickets for our family and friends to a playoff game. It's corporate types like your daughter's friend's company that are to blame. They'll sell to anyone, and places like Craig's List and Stubhub make it possible. It's the reality of modern sports. Many times it works in our favor as we see big Pats contingents at away games, in places like San Diego. This just hurt worse because our team got embarrassed in their house in a game most of us thought they would win pretty convincingly.

The guy behind me sold his tickets to Ravens fans, what a joker. Overall, I did not see a lot of Ravens fans. I saw more Ravens fans at last years game.

ahem...Joker is NO Ravens fan, pal....

Krafty Bob should either refund half the ticket price to compensate for that 2nd half no show....or else give everyone who went an " I Survived The Sinking Of The Patanic" t-shirt...I'm still a little cold in the ol' bones from this debacle.

My sister went to the game. She said that there was a sense of panic from the crowd when the Ravens made it 21-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes