Welcome to PatsFans.com

For those at the game...sorry

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brady_to_Moss, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Sorry the pats put on a **** show for us that went to the game. It didn't feel right when brady screwed up the TO and we only got a FG. Should we get an apology letter? Box of chocolates?
  2. Mr.Kraft

Mr.Kraft Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

would you like your ticket money refunded too?
  3. Spergon Wynn

Spergon Wynn Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I won't apologize to a home crowd that gets down in the dumps and throws their hands up in the air when things get tough.
  4. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

I feel bad for the people who paid all yhat money to watch tonights performance
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

sure..why not..i only paid face value..but i will gladly take the $$ back
  6. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I almost went to the game with my son but decided not to for a variety of reasons.

I am glad that I didn't.

A friend who was there said the Baltimore fans really took the place over. Made much more noise and just seized the mood of the day.

He's a smart, rational guy, so I'm guessing that's true.

Disappointing on so many levels.
  7. TheSparks1

TheSparks1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In case this didn't come across on television, it is 100% true. Ravens fans did take over in the 2nd half, but it should be expected when their team is winning. The Ravens fans that were sitting near me did not stop screaming the entire game. Patriots fans seemed to be waiting for something to happen. Home crowd was not as loud as previous AFC Championships and had a minimal impact when the Ravens had the ball. It's too bad, but I wasn't surprised either.
  8. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

It is not true
    I took my son who was very disappointed but still glad we went

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

Nonsense. I've been to every Patriots home playoff game since 1996. The crowd yesterday was just as loud as any of them. The Ravens fans didn't "take over" until the final two minutes when most everyone else was headed to the exits. There weren't that many of them to begin with -- maybe a couple thousand.
  10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2

#24 Jersey

It was obvious on television. The "Seven Nation Army" chant that they do was clearly audible.
  11. Kjmass1

Kjmass1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never gave up hope until the pick. That just deflated everyone especially after getting the ball back after the failed 4th down. Lots of Ravens fans there.
  12. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

yeah i never really heard the ravens fans at all in the 200s..take over? if you call maybe a few thousand out of 65,000 taking over then yeah they took over :bricks:
  13. Patnut

Patnut Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The ravens always travel well , and yes they did make some noise in the second half. Having been at the game at Baltimore in September it was another knife to the heart last night that I would rather forget . Looking forward to the draft.
  14. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

There were NONE in sec. 227 where I sit. I only saw/heard them when they gathered behind the Ravens bench in the final two minutes when pretty much everyone else had cleared out. No more than any other Gillette playoff game -- a couple thousand or so.
  15. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I share Tunescribe's observations. We had raven fans in my section (136) but the pats fans in that section were loud all night until the very end and it was really only after the interception in the end zone that they "took over".
  16. Brady&Springsteen FTW

Brady&Springsteen FTW Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I'm 16 and I went with my dad. My dad just told me this morning that he was going to take me to the Super Bowl this year if they did. He said that he still might anyway. It would avenge the heartbreaking loss that occurred inside Lucas Oil Stadium that I was at last year.
  17. North Shore Pats Fan

North Shore Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We were in C 29 and had maybe 10 Ravens fans there, but they were loud. And in our defense, everyone in our section was loud and proud. Sure, there were the usual ninnies who went inside to dine on lobster, but they were in the minority. We left with 3 minutes left in the game so we could beat the crowd in the parking lot.

It was disappointing and sad, because I wanted to see the ceremony after a Pats win, but no regrets. If we get to host the AFCCG next year, I will go again. Third time in a row :)
  18. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

AGreed. The crowd was in it until about 11 minutes to go. Then it was sporadic, as every time something good happened, something disasterous happened right after. Then it was shocked silence until the 2 minute warning when the Ravens fans gathered in a few rows behind the Ravens bench and were loud. Most of the Pats fans had left by then. I tried to stay until the very end to see what may be the last Patriots receptions by Branch and Welker, but even I gave up the ghost when Brady threw that INT in the endzone. Just a terrible game by our team. Time to look towards next year because there's nothing else we can do.
  19. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

Heh, I outlasted you. I didn't leave until Baltimore began its final kneel-downs but wanted to make sure I wasn't subjected to witnessing more Ray Lewis shenanigans for the camera. What a drama queen that guy is.
  20. PatsDeb

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

You win! Didn't want to see the Ravens take the trophy in our house. Feeling sorry for myself (sniff). Oh well, at least we don't have to spend all that dough going to the Superbowl, right?
  21. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

We stuck it out until about 4 minutes to go and there was simply no comeback- as we walked to the final exit - last widescreen showed 2 min warning.

Our goose was cooked.

Crowd was decent most of the way - If, in the 4th we had brought it back to a one score game, this crowd would have been right there. There were a few Raven fans in our section, i didn't find them obnoxious at all (unlike steeler or jet fans).

Proven again - it's HARD to win Superbowls and as each year passes, my appreciation for the three banners we do have grows and grows.

I still think Brady wins at least one more maybe 2 before he is done. I really do.

Ahhhhhhh dammit - is it draft day yet??
  22. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

Yes, a "hassle" I gladly would've taken on. (I need to cancel the plane tickets I bought.) :(
  23. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

i had to cancel my "fully refundable" southwest tix - and rental car and hotel rooms and tix for nfl experience and game day nfl tailgate...........sigh.
  24. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No hes fine, you were the 2 teams left in the AFC to go to the SB. If he was choking you wouldnt be there, or in the SB last year. Its just perspective.
    I mean is Brees choking because he hasnt made it pass the 1st round since 2009 ?
    No, just bad defense. Cut Brady some slack, he an amazing QB, and your lucky to have him.
  25. bresna

bresna PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There were more opposing team fans at this playoff game than any I've been at in the past 6 or 7 years. There's usually quite a few Jets fans at their games but this past Sunday, there were a lot of Ravens fans. In my section (225), there were probably 20 or 30, with 4 of them in the front row of the section whooping it up as the game got out of control. It was very disappointing to see.

I blame the fair-weather season ticket holders. They saw cold & wind in the forecast and dumped their tickets. The Ravens fan sitting next to me asked me if I was the guy he PayPal'ed the money to. H wanted to thank me. Apparently, he bought the tickets off Craig's List.

FWIW, my daughter's friend was sitting in a suite (luxury box) and she said her company sold half (6) of their tickets and all of them were bought by Ravens fans. I guess I didn't have it as bad as her. Ha ha.
  26. PatsDeb

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

Yes indeed. Why don't you take the missus to FL? Southwest flies there every day and I think Southwest is the only airline that lets you switch a flight without a big fee.
  27. PatsDeb

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

I don't think there were that many more there - it's just that when the Ravens pulled away at the end of the game they all gathered in one spot and whooped it up, while the Pats fans were leaving in stunned silence. It concentrated their pretty small numbers. Also, don't blame "fair weather season ticket holders." Individual season ticket holders (like the ones on this board) are not fair weather fans. We are die hard fans that go to every game we can, certainly the playoffs, and know how to dress for the cold weather. We often buy more tickets for our family and friends to a playoff game. It's corporate types like your daughter's friend's company that are to blame. They'll sell to anyone, and places like Craig's List and Stubhub make it possible. It's the reality of modern sports. Many times it works in our favor as we see big Pats contingents at away games, in places like San Diego. This just hurt worse because our team got embarrassed in their house in a game most of us thought they would win pretty convincingly.
  28. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

The guy behind me sold his tickets to Ravens fans, what a joker. Overall, I did not see a lot of Ravens fans. I saw more Ravens fans at last years game.
  29. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

ahem...Joker is NO Ravens fan, pal....

Krafty Bob should either refund half the ticket price to compensate for that 2nd half no show....or else give everyone who went an " I Survived The Sinking Of The Patanic" t-shirt...I'm still a little cold in the ol' bones from this debacle.
  30. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My sister went to the game. She said that there was a sense of panic from the crowd when the Ravens made it 21-13.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.