Welcome to PatsFans.com

For the UFO doubters:

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

And despite SEVERAL former high ranking military men who say this happened, there will still be so many who will shake their heads thinking "another conspiracy".

I find it so hard to believe some people just won't accept the truth. But then again, if we are to believe in the existence of UFO's, that blows away so much of what humans know as our reality.

There are too many facts to rationally say UFO's do not exist.
  3. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I love the people who put 100% faith in the big guy with the gray beard sitting in his throne judging us from the clouds. Now that is truly loony in my book.:eek:
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Those are the same ones who say that the simplest explaination is usually the best one.

Not a true believer in extra-terrestrial tech, but it's more plausible than the man in the sky stuff. Not to mention how mutually exclusive they are. When the Vatican said that life outside Earth is not antithetical to their "teachings", then I started wondering how much is really being kept under wraps.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I am proud of you, good response, once a month now "we agree" the big thing that many are afraid of is our "Religion Thing" imagine what this would do to all the worlds Organized Religion, if they really are out there I don't think they want to kill us they could have easily done that years ago, this sounds like a nut talking :)D) but I think we belong to them sort of like a Planet Full Of Pets, they have been sitting back for millions of years watching us evolve, I believe many of them are among us, we will ony know for sure when they want us to know.

:bricks:
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Harry is proud of me!!!!:singing:

I don't think you sound like a nut at all. When you consider those giant animal shapes with perfect lines in South America, the pyramids, the pictures of the guys flying in the Bible...who knows. I still have my faith and don't find this stuff shaking it up at all. I still believe in all that Jesus was and said. After all, even if I'm wrong, I've lost nothing.

I think one reason why this thread hasn't had more responeses is that people just want to keep their eyes shut, cover their ears and say "na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na..." while the people try to tell them the facts on this topic.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Your right and you know what, it is very possible that Jesus "was one of them".
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The only way those blond-haired, blue-eyed people could be in the Holy Land is by alien transport!
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

I always got a kick out of the movies that portray Jesus like that! My god, we wouldn't want to watch a movie where he looked...gulp, like an Arab!:eek:
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

UFOs do not exist at least in the sense of extraterrestrial life forms spying on us. Many of the mysterious objects have been periodically explained; others I think are ignored. Not everyone is going to want to investigate the siting if a garbage can lid being thrown off a mountaintop.

If they did exist, then the following questions would have to be answered:
    (1) Why hasn't the government released this information?
    (2) Why hasn't a legitimate news source uncovered "the truth"?
    (3) Why haven't the aliens made any contact with us?
    (4) Why hasn't this matter gained traction among astronomers?

All those things can be explained one way or another, but it seems pretty obvious to me that if there was real evidence of UFOs, it would have made more traction.

Also, are UFO sitings typically a white male military man phenomenon? It may be a disorder.

Lastly, I hope I'm wrong. I'd have to believe that any species more advanced than us would also be more liberal and progressive. On the other hand, maybe they just see us as a herd of cows and are getting ready to slaughter us.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I love you Patters

Liberal Aliens From Jupitar (democrats)

:singing::singing:
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

If we're here, then one would have to think that there could be other living things someplace else. To me, that would seem to be a logical possibility. That possibility doesn't mean it's a given, or even likely. It simply means it's possible. I personally think there is life out there. I'm not sure how developed that life is. It could be light years ahead of us, or it could be a zillion years behind. Who knows. Regardless, the ultimate question is not about whether or not extraterrestrial life exists. It's about how we all got here.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

If we're here, then one would have to think that there could be other living things someplace else. To me, that would seem to be a logical possibility. That possibility doesn't mean it's a given, or even likely. It simply means it's possible. I personally think there is life out there. I'm not sure how developed that life is. It could be light years ahead of us, or it could be a zillion years behind. Who knows. Regardless, the ultimate question is not about whether or not extraterrestrial life exists. It's about how we all got here.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

a few weeks back there was helecoptor footage of an African tribe that had never seen any other life outside of their own. They were throwing things at the helecoptor and shouting etc.

my first thought: "Leave them alone"

If another form of life has the power to move through space, and possibly time, they would indeed do the same.

These interviews will become more frequest.
  15. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Maybe so.

Maybe not.
  16. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Here's the awesome thing Mossed...

THERE IS ONLY ONE REALITY!

And I'd just love to find out that we have been force-fed a false one. If we were to find that out, our government would lose all trust. After all, who would believe that "for the sake of national security" bull sh1t?

It would most likely have been "for the sake of the wealthy":rolleyes:

one way or the other, mankind WILL find out exactly what that one true reality is. If we are indeed the colonization of other beings, they will probably step in and slap our president in the face and say "Stop lying and tell them the truth!"...maybe even on national television:D
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

We have a few aliens in this forum ... the same physical beings logging on under different names.:eek: Word is ... they come to this forum trying ever harder to understand :confused: the human condition and mind. Inside intelligence says they leave with more questions than they get answered :mad:... but they will be back ... bet on it.:cool:
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Love the George Carlin quote at the top....

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these 10 things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send *you* to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever til the end of time...but he loves you." -- George Carlin
  20. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Carlin's quote, in a word, Hilarious!