PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the travelers out there: Virginia Beach Murphy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

spook75

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Since we could not see the game here back in Virginia ( on cable that is) me and my wife were glad to discover that Virginia Beach has it's own place for patriot fans.

So we found a babysitter for the kids and went out.

It was great fun. A fire in the middle of the room filled the place with warmth and that crispy ceder smell. There were a bunch of fellow patsfans (more then I expected, but I didn't think about all the military members and their families that live in this area)There were even a few jets fans - mostly lurking in the back :)

They have great/prompt service and very comfortable prices for food and drink. The game was shown on a huge plasma TV behind the bar and on a rear projection TV in the back of the room, and two smaller TV's showed the steelers-jags and browns-bills games.
IT was a real fun atmosphere. We were sitting next to group of loud mouths that added some to the comedy of the day ..

I won't go there if I can watch the game at home, but will definitly be back. If you are int he neighbourhood for a worktrip or vacation or live in the area and want to see a pats game, check it out.

Murphy's Pub
2914 Pacific Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA
http://www.murphysfans.com/virginiabeach/index.htm

I'll have to check it out...We have the dish so we don't bother going to sports bars, but maybe a good idea for the playoffs.

It was definitely fun to be honest. The only problem that I had with the patrons were the cheers when a Jets player was hurt. I love watching Football, but when a player of any team goes down, I feel for them.... and I cant understand how people can cheer at that time. I know that some will cheer as they walk off the field for respect, however, this was not the case....

But the restaurant itself was very welcoming and nice to be at even if it was for only 1 game this year.... I enjoy watching from home better to be honest. I feel more comfy drinking a few beers from home. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back