PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the record: This is PatsFans.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
SunnyDenmark said:
You find all kinds of people here - just like in the real world. Thats what makes the world interesting. The 'always critical ones' -I bet those people are the same in real life. The glass is half-empty people. I bet the troll posters are the ones who like teasing other people to get a rise out of them. I bet the analytical ones are the same when buying a car. And finally the pollyanna ones are those who think Bush is doing a great job. :D

You were doing fine until your last sentence which belongs on the political forum- not on the football forum.

I'm sure that if you thought hard enough you could have come up with just as good non-political example.

But, I'm still a big fan of yours. I'm just pointing out a mistake.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm just pointing out a mistake.
Yes, you are correct - since now it has been requoted - can't undo the damage but I have appended my original comment to get back onto the main theme. Thanks.

SunnyDenmark said:
Yes, you are correct - since now it has been requoted - can't undo the damage but I have appended my original comment to get back onto the main theme. Thanks.

Good.

I was just trying to be ojective without being a "homer".

PATSNUTme said:
Good.

I was just trying to be ojective without being a "homer".
No worries. You were being a good FAN(atic) trying to keep the football forum from being hijacked or derailed onto another topic.

For me a FAN is someone who has passion - who cares about the outcome. I am a sports fan which means to me I can't watch any sporting event without rooting for one side or another. It is awful as I just can't be a neutral observer. I HAVE to pick one side to root for even if it is only because of their uniform colors that makes the deciding factor on whom to choose.

This gets very difficult when one is watching some pretty strange sporting event like the Lumberjack Logging Championships or the Refrigerator on your Back Race. ESPN has some pretty strange events but being a sports FAN I sometimes just have to watch to see the outcome (and hope my 'boy' wins).

Isn't that called vicariously living off other peoples thrills (of winning).

Well - I've got some boys 'round here that could probably help me with that (problem). Johnny W. and Jim B. and Jack D. etc. Either that or let the MRS. smack some sense into me. (She is small but has a BIG viking temper. ) Cherrio.

Remix 6 said:
Homer = Harrison is by far the most impact safety in the NFL and no one is close to him!

you gotta be somewhat real and not sound like a dumbass

Yeah, you go try telling that to Rodney...or PATSNUTme. :D

I think Ian needs to add any instance of "Rodney" and "not" in the same sentence to the language filter.

pats1 said:
Yeah, you go try telling that to Rodney...or PATSNUTme. :D

I think Ian needs to add any instance of "Rodney" and "not" in the same sentence to the language filter.
You had to do it!:)

That punk is one of three that is on my ignore list. He's dead to me unless someone "quotes" him.

And, yes, he is one of the people tha I was reffering to. Just yesterday, someone started a thread asking the question "is Roy Williams better than Rodney.

Natuallly, I answered that with an emphatic NO! Then this POS has to chime in with Brian Dawkins and all the other safeties. He also tells me to "shut up" ( real keyboard warrior) and calls me a "homer".

Yes it is my opinion that Rodney is better than Williams. I never compared him to Ed Reed or Brian Dawkins because that was not he question of the thread.

But don't take my word for it. Pro Football Weekly Pre Season issue ranks the safties. They rank Rodney #5 (even with his injury) and Roy Williams #8.

so, maybe Pro Football Weekly should "shut up" and not be such "homers".:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
You had to do it!:)

That punk is one of three that is on my ignore list. He's dead to me unless someone "quotes" him.

And, yes, he is one of the people tha I was reffering to. Just yesterday, someone started a thread asking the question "is Roy Williams better than Rodney.

Natuallly, I answered that with an emphatic NO! Then this POS has to chime in with Brian Dawkins and all the other safeties. He also tells me to "shut up" ( real keyboard warrior) and calls me a "homer".

Yes it is my opinion that Rodney is better than Williams. I never compared him to Ed Reed or Brian Dawkins because that was not he question of the thread.

But don't take my word for it. Pro Football Weekly Pre Season issue ranks the safties. They rank Rodney #5 (even with his injury) and Roy Williams #8.

so, maybe Pro Football Weekly should "shut up" and not be such "homers".:eek:

Honestly, I don't even think Reed nor Dawkins are head-and-shoulders above Rodney. Something about Reed just doesn't impress me.

pats1 said:
Honestly, I don't even think Reed nor Dawkins are head-and-shoulders above Rodney. Something about Reed just doesn't impress me.

I really haven't seen much of Reed the past couple of years. I would consider Dawkins to be about equal to Rodney as a football player but I don't know about his being a leader.

Troy P. can be something special. Right now he gets sucked in on the play action too easily. Brady really made him look bad on a couple of plays in the AFC championship game.

But, he seems to be a smart kid and only a three year man. So, he could be one of the best ever if he learns more.

PATSNUTme said:
I guess that if I logged in to an internet site for Patriots Fanatics, I would expect to run into the majority of the people there to be 'homers", but that's just me.

Are we suppose to be unbiased toward our team, like members of the so called media?

Not being a "homer" myself...I tend to ignore the enthusiastic homers. Not because they are often wrong...just because there is so much talent in the NFL I would rather not curse my team...like the "S.I. jinx. :D

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Really? The guy impresses the hell out of me. Hard-nosed playmaker is how I see him.

Last edited:
Well I've read just about everything posted here, sometimes I reply when a
definite thought needs to be expressed.

If I'm considered a nOOB, uninformed, ignorant, homer or what ever
is not paramont to my self worth in real life and has no bearing on my
furture posts. When I feel the urge I'll post my thoughts, and or facts.

When I make a statement it can be authenticated, wheather I choose to
add a link or not. My opinion is just that, right, wrong, good, or bad,
jmo, accept it as I do your's.

We can agree to disagree without the name calling, condescending comments,
placating and or sarcastic remarks.

Lastly, in the heat of the moment what the h**l let it fly as we are family
so to speak. Skin too thin? Go to the political board. Whatever.? :D

PS: Fact or opinion, respectfully disagree. :)

PATSNUTme said:
We do have posters here who claim to be Patriots fans. However, they accuse other posters of being "homers" when people here are enthusiatic about the team or players or when they defend the team, the players, the coaching staff, or the front office.

Perhaps these people don't look at the site that they are logging into. It is called PATSFANS.com.

Lets break that down. Pats = Patriots, Fans = Fanatics. .com = internet site.

I guess that if I logged in to an internet site for Patriots Fanatics, I would expect to run into the majority of the people there to be 'homers", but that's just me.

Are we suppose to be unbiased toward our team, like members of the so called media?

Thats just part of being a fan in a major market. You gotta be tough

PATSNUTme said:
For the record: This is PatsFans.com

Lets break that down. Pats = Patriots, Fans = Fanatics. .com = internet site.

This is slightly embarrassing but since stumbling into this place a few years ago, all this time I thought I was posting in the Pennsylvania Transsexual Society fans forum

... it made sense that you queens would all be football fans, but I just couldn't figure out why you all liked the Patriots so much, rather than the Eagles or Steelers.

This explains a lot - now its all beginning to make sense

Thanks for the heads up PATSNUTme (... and ironically, apparently your name doesn't mean what I thought it did either.)

Last edited:
spacecrime said:
It makes you a better analyst of the game of football, but not a fan of a given team.

Fans are not objective. Fans follow a crappy team through the late eighties and early nineties, always believing that this year they will win it all.

Realistic is relative. A fan is optimistic about a rookie's chances. Fans don't look at rookies and say he hasn't shown me anything yet.

It's like a belief. A belief is something you accept without proof. Once you have proof, you no longer need belief. You have facts.

Unbiased (ie, realistic) analysts are not fans, even when they focus their efforts on one team.

An exception, I suppose, is someone who takes pleasure in doom and gloom. Still fanatic about his team, but convinced that new signees will not work out, and players who leave can never be replaced and would have have made the difference. They most respect the abilities of players who leave (they were awesome), while dissing players who stay (they won't amount to much this year).

My two cents.

ps Remember that fan is short for fanatic. Are you fantical about your team? If not, by definition you are not a fan.
I must be a gentle wave...:cool:

JoeSixPat said:
This is slightly embarrassing but since stumbling into this place a few years ago, all this time I thought I was posting in the Pennsylvania Transsexual Society fans forum

... it made sense that you queens would all be football fans, but I just couldn't figure out why you all liked the Patriots so much, rather than the Eagles or Steelers.

Thanks for the heads up PATSNUTme (... and ironically, apparently your name doesn't mean what I thought it did either.)
This explains much...:eek:

JoeSixPat said:

You won't have to wear a hard hat here, Joe.

I don't think you need to worry about points be made hitting you in the head.

PATSNUTme said:
I don't see anything wrong with voicing displeasure when a player makes a mistake or decides to 'take a play off'. Are BB, Brady, Vrabel, Harrison, Dante, etc. not homers when they offer constructive criticism to a player for slacking or just plain f'ing up? Did I offer constructive criticism sitting on a metal bench in freezing weather on Sundays watching a 1-15 Patriots team? I did. Fans care...that's why were fans.

Last edited:
Zuma said:
I don't see anything wrong with voicing displeasure when a player makes a mistake decides to 'take a play off'. Are BB, Brady, Vrabel, Harrison, Dante, etc. not homers when they offer constructive criticism to a player for slacking or just plain f'ing up? Did I offer constructive criticism sitting on a metal bench in freezing weather on Sundays watching a 1-15 Patriots team? I did. Fans care...that's why were fans.

You are absolutley right. Read my post on this thread about Rodney in the Carolina game.

That is not the point that I was trying to make. I guess that some here haven't experience the handfull of posters that are are always negitive & second guessing.

Then when called on what they are saying, express shock that on a site called PatsFans.com they would be jumped on. Then they use the expression "homer' among other things.

Well, Patsfans.com is the home of Patriots fans. Why the shock?:eek:

I guess I'm beating a dead horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Box_O_Rocks said:
This explains much...:eek:

I'm re-reading the Tight Ends discussions and seeing things in a whole new perspective now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes