PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the crowd that thinks that the coordinators/coaching staff were the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: For the crowd that thinks that the coordinators/coaching staff were the problem..

Sorry I took it to mean we -only- passed from empty backfield, I see where I misinterpreted that now.

Well hey, 1 away form 50% :p

13 & 14 are really OUCH :eek: However, giving the benefit of the doubt to such egregious obvious telegraphs, I gotta think that it's providing data to set up a team down the road. (Obviously we couldn't do that against the Ravens being down 24-0 they aren't respecting the run at that point no matter what).

Good points and questions. It was 55/45 this season and 77% is pretty damn high. I'm guessing it wasn't like that all season, and maybe I'm just being naive but I think there just has to be more to it than O'Brien just being oblivious to it.

There is more to it. One of those games was against Buffalo!! haha.

Another of those games was against Miami though.

Re: For the crowd that thinks that the coordinators/coaching staff were the problem..

Im not sure if was their whole problem, but you'd have to be smoking somthing not to realize how bad the play calling was this year. The Patriots' offensive play calling was really stagnant this year. Just about everyone in the crowd (even non-pats fans) nevermind the opposing defense, knew exactly where the ball was going on over 80% of the plays. Of course, a better running game would have helped and given us more options but the Patriots have always been good at finding creative solutions to their weaknesses within the offensive play calling. WE didnt even have friggggen OC!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I'm also in the mood for a gut laugh, so if you actually believe that Childress is a good coach, then please explain why.

How he has dealt with Brett Favre alone makes him a good coach. Favre has not thrown interceptions all year, he has been more discipline this season then at any other point in her career, including the superbowl season's. that should be credited to childress. So he is a good coach.
-However, he does lack creativity with the O, and does not use Percey Harvin as effectively as he should.

...or at least more of a problem than the talent drop-off, then I would love for you to explain to me in detail how that Vikings are in the NFC Championship game in spite of having Brad Childress as their coach.

When Sam Aiken is out on the field, it's hard to blame the offensive coordinator. However, while we had terrible depth at the receiving corp, we still had some good offensive weapons at RB & TE. A personnel of 2TE, 2WR gets our best players on the field and can also create mismatches by keeping the opposing defense in its base D. Also, the offense was often at its most success with Brady under center throughout the season. Neither of those things happened in the Ravens game or at various other points in the season in which the offense stalled and had trouble. That much I blame on coaching, and I include BB and Brady in that, as they are part of the gameplanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes