PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For some reason I am not that nervous this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have told me they can tell by the way the teams come out from the tunnel before the game begins.

I'll be honest, I do look for little cues like that too, and study Brady's look before each game. The TV producers must agree that Brady's affect is important - they give the viewer a bunch of close-in shots of his eyes before just about every game.

Right? When Tom has that focused "pissed off look" you know it's going to a Pat's win.

Re: For some reason..i am not that nervous this week

If we watched the game together we might actually have to make a call to 911.

I tend to get snappy, quiet and brooding. Then when I sense we are playing well I start the pacing and the babbling and the calling my brother every five minutes.

I remember the second Superbowl. After we won I went out on the balcony and screamed until I went hoarse. Same for the first except no balcony. For the third I actually got drunk watching the game and spent the initial moments of victory vomiting in the toilet. The last, unspeakable game I never went to bed, just stayed on Patsfans all night and didn't talk to anyone else.

I'm a little worried about you.

As usual, I'm nervous as hell. It has nothing to do with the opponent and everything to do with what's at stake. I've been sleeping really poorly this week and I doubt I'll get any sleep Saturday night.

I'll start to relax if their lead is 3 or 4 possessions at the 2 minute warning.

A friend of mine looks at the players faces at the beginning of the game and can somehow tell if they are going to win or lose. She's never wrong. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe she's good at reading 'micro-expressions' like that TV show "Lie to Me".

Personally, I am nervous as hell because I want them to win so much. 2007 hurt and I don't want to feel that again.

Not gametime yet, but curious what she sees here:

09000d5d8261e889_video_rhr_280_210.jpg
500x305-brady-20120110.jpg

I'm not nervous at all. First of all this is cake, I thought they would get to the final four from the start but never considered them a great team or the team to beat through the season, so much like 2001 I feel like if they can pull this off it is an added bonus, in stark contrast to 2007 when they were clearly the team to beat all season but couldn't finish the job. I also see this as the beginning of the run for this Patriots squad and believe they will be significantly better next year and the years that follow than they were this season. Belichik has almost rebuilt the entire team around Brady, and although they still have real needs and pieces to put in place i think the bulk of the work is done and they are in great shape in terms of the cap, the draft, and the culture of the team as players like Carter and waters are making it very clear that this is the place to be if you want to play in a completely professional atmosphere and want a great shot at a ring, and that will no doubt help in free agency, in contrast to a couple of years ago and the toxic atmosphere with AD and Springs etc...

Overall whether they pull this off or not I think Brady will get at least one more ring out of this team and if they win this year it could turn into 2-3 more. Like everyone else i really want a win Sunday and hopefully another Lombardi, but if they fall short i'm still happy with the season they have had and their prospects going forward. It is a great time to be a patriots fan and I;m going to enjoy every bit of it. Being anxious and angry is no way to go through life, especially when it is about sports, which should be fun.

I'm a little worried about you.

Yeah, I've heard that before.

Thankfully since That Game, I tend to do a bit better. I was just extra surly after last year's disappointment.

Last edited:
still not that nervous...because of what happened in 09...again i think i am numb when it comes to playoffs and the possibility of losing with what us fans have been through

It's funny, I think we're only nervous because we've come to expect the team to win and they've failed of late. They set us up well in 2001, 2003, and 2004. 2007 was a rude awakening. And 2009, 2010 were just not expected at all. Frankly, I just can't see the Raven's hanging with our offense. If it's close I will enjoy it for what it is, but my heart is telling me that the game will be very similar to the Broncos game. I hope I'm right.

Honestly, I would be really upset if this team didn't advance this year. Even when other fans were down, I always considered this a very good team. There were not any great teams this year.NONE! The last great team I saw was the Pats in 07. I think they started peaking at the right time and not at the beginning of the season. Slowly but surely they worked with what they had and it worked. Anything less than a SB would be a failure this year more so than the past 2 playoff runs.

Honestly, I would be really upset if this team didn't advance this year. Even when other fans were down, I always considered this a very good team. There were not any great teams this year.NONE! The last great team I saw was the Pats in 07. I think they started peaking at the right time and not at the beginning of the season. Slowly but surely they worked with what they had and it worked. Anything less than a SB would be a failure this year more so than the past 2 playoff runs.

Oh i will be very depressed/upset if we lose..the farther you get..the worse it is to lose..but 01-04 spoiled up..even 07..so now i don't expect anything..if they lose...yeah it sucks but nothing i can do..if they win great

I am just happy that they got that playoff monkey off their back for those who said they couldn't win a playoff game after 07..well now they did..but last week will be pointless if they lose this week..as will the whole season

Last edited:
If the Pats lose, .......................I'll get up Monday morning, be early in the office and dive into my work as always. I'll do the same thing if the Pats win too.

A friend of mine looks at the players faces at the beginning of the game and can somehow tell if they are going to win or lose. She's never wrong. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe she's good at reading 'micro-expressions' like that TV show "Lie to Me".

Personally, I am nervous as hell because I want them to win so much. 2007 hurt and I don't want to feel that again.

So what does your friend see today ?

damn, ive been so nervous about this game since yesterday.....

here we go

Oh I am nervous - like diarrhea nervous. This game has such intense build up with recent history and is such an opportunity that it's impossible as a fan of this team not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back