PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For some reason I am not that nervous this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: For some reason..i am not that nervous this week

When someone can actually hear your heart beating from across the room, as in my case, I may have had one too.

Only in my mid-30s, so that would not be a good sign.

I may have to seek some sort of professional help, although it's hard not to get amped up for these kinds of games. I need to try and keep things in priority.

I may very well try that this week.

The vet wrote my dog some Xanax, I may have to get the script filled :eek:

Tell me about it. I have two friends that are Giant fans, one of them my roommate. I watched Super Bowl XLII with him (they're the same way I am, screams at the TV and gets aggressively drunk if it's a close game) and I might have to watch another one with them this year.

I'm usually a rabid gutter mouth for regular season games. This is going to be 10x worse, along with pacing back and forth every play. Even if they gain 4 yards the F bombs are going to be flying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tell me about it. I have two friends that are Giant fans, one of them my roommate. I watched Super Bowl XLII with him (they're the same way I am, screams at the TV and gets aggressively drunk if it's a close game) and I might have to watch another one with them this year.

Here's hoping for a SF win on Sunday, despite our outcome then..

It'd suck for your buddies' teams to advance while you are the one left out :eek:

As far as playing the NYG again, I have mixed feelings. We'll all agree that it would be the ultimate revenge, but the possibility of losing a 2nd time makes it a fire that I really don't wanna play with.

It would make SB42 suck even worse, and I never once took that into account on any level..

I'm never nervous during the week.

Come Sunday I want to throw up. Last Sunday I even had some trouble breathing that eased up some around the second quarter.

If we are fortunate enough to make the SB and have to play the Giants I will probably have to watch from an intensive care unit.

Same here, I'm just letting it all soak in. It's been a while since our team has been alive during this week so it's a good feeling. It's probably a good thing that despite being a #1 seed expectations were so low for this team most of the year.

But yes, Sunday I am probably not going to eat again. Thank God it's not the night game this week.

Im not nervous like last week cause i dropped that 'pats didnt won a playoff game in 4 years" thing off my back, but i guess one hour before the game im gonna puke! ravens are ALOT better than the denver broncos, i just hope we can win.

Last edited:

It's having the one and done mentality eradicated that has made going into the AFC Championship more enjoyable than the Divisional Round.

I agree with this. It's like they needed to get that monkey off their backs. Once they did that, and in dominating fashion, this game seems far less stressful. It'll probably be a 10x tougher game, but that doesn't mean I'm 10x more nervous.

The bummer for me is that my two daughters have basketball games that day at 3:00 and 4:30, so I will be gone from 2:30 until about 6:00. Or, pretty much for the entire game. Love my daughters but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

So if they lose, I won't torture myself watching the replay. And if they win, I can thoroughly enjoy it stress-free. And no, there's no chance I get through the day without finding out the score. None.

One stat that makes me nervous...Ravens have only given up 16 red zone TDs

But the Pats have scored 47...like Reiss said today..redzone is where the game will be won

First the first (and only) time in my life, I was forced to root through my garbage can looking for an empty brown Burger King bag to breathe into...

This of course, took place during SB42, so you could probably understand.

In the playoff game last yr, my wife told me that she could actually hear my heart beating from across the room, and she was right.

Unfortunately, I tend to take the games a little harder than most :eek:

If we watched the game together we might actually have to make a call to 911.

I tend to get snappy, quiet and brooding. Then when I sense we are playing well I start the pacing and the babbling and the calling my brother every five minutes.

I remember the second Superbowl. After we won I went out on the balcony and screamed until I went hoarse. Same for the first except no balcony. For the third I actually got drunk watching the game and spent the initial moments of victory vomiting in the toilet. The last, unspeakable game I never went to bed, just stayed on Patsfans all night and didn't talk to anyone else.

Used to have the eating problem on Sunday as well.

As I approach Middle Age.. less so :)

Based on stomach feelings days before this game.. I think there will be a reversion !

How do the players do it ??!

lol !

Used to have the eating problem on Sunday as well.

As I approach Middle Age.. less so :)

Based on stomach feelings days before this game.. I think there will be a reversion !

How do the players do it ??!

lol !

I would bet 90% of players can't sleep the night or nights before

I would bet 90% of players can't sleep the night or nights before

Makes you appreciate Brady's otherwordly mental toughness if the fella can take a nap in the locker room moments before his first SB. I've noticed similar tranquility and 'in control' look in his eyes in the last few games.

hell i wouldn't sleep the night before..if i was a player i would probably be watching film alll night

hell i wouldn't sleep the night before..if i was a player i would probably be watching film alll night

There is such a thing as analysis paralysis. If you don't know it by Sat night, you'll never know it.

Last week i was hoping the texans would lose because i feared their defense and was happy when baltimore won .Now iam extremely nervous getting into friday...

I'm freaking nervous as hell! (as usual) Ravens D has got me worried. If Brady has an off-day can we still win?

I feel mildly nervous and no doubt, an hour or so before kickoff I'll be pacing back and forth. I think I'll do my best to keep myself occupied sunday morning/early afternoon with a steady dosage of Xbox 360!

A friend of mine looks at the players faces at the beginning of the game and can somehow tell if they are going to win or lose. She's never wrong. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe she's good at reading 'micro-expressions' like that TV show "Lie to Me".

Personally, I am nervous as hell because I want them to win so much. 2007 hurt and I don't want to feel that again.

Charlie Weiss said the night before the Super Bowl against the Eagles, Brady was calling Weis' hotel room about some of the calls, and Weis told Brady to quit it and get some rest.

We all feel BAL can win, but can they win a high scoring game against us? Especially if Brady turns it over like @ BUF. We will score, that is almost guaranteed.

A friend of mine looks at the players faces at the beginning of the game and can somehow tell if they are going to win or lose. She's never wrong. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe she's good at reading 'micro-expressions' like that TV show "Lie to Me".

Personally, I am nervous as hell because I want them to win so much. 2007 hurt and I don't want to feel that again.

Some have told me they can tell by the way the teams come out from the tunnel before the game begins.

I'll be honest, I do look for little cues like that too, and study Brady's look before each game. The TV producers must agree that Brady's affect is important - they give the viewer a bunch of close-in shots of his eyes before just about every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes