PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For some reason I am not that nervous this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the past playoff losses and just taking them hard. I just don't seem as nervous this week. Got my tickets to the game today...excited to go...but not nervous.

I think watching this team play..win or lose...i just love it. Becasue in less than 5-7 years...all of this is gone...players..coaches...everything...might as well just take it all in now and not get nervous

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: For some reason..i am not that nervous this week

I think it has to do with the past playoff losses and just taking them hard. I just don't seem as nervous this week. Got my tickets to the game today...excited to go...but not nervous.

I think watching this team play..win or lose...i just love it. Becasue in less than 5-7 years...all of this is gone...players..coaches...everything...might as well just take it all in now and not get nervous

Same here. Some reason I was more nervous last week against the Broncos. This week I am taking it in stride. Even if we reach the Superbowl against the Niners - I will enjoy it. BUT if it's Pats vs Giants - I will have that nauseous feeling every single day till the end of the game.

I'm never nervous during the week.

Come Sunday I want to throw up. Last Sunday I even had some trouble breathing that eased up some around the second quarter.

If we are fortunate enough to make the SB and have to play the Giants I will probably have to watch from an intensive care unit.

THIS is the time to enjoy the run. It's fun and nastalgic looking back and all, but this is why we watch and follow sports, for the NOW. Why piss away following a great season being nervous and negative? I like this team and hope for the best. I'm not worry about what's out of my control. I'm just enjoying the ride. If anything, I'm just happy they got the monkey off their back and won a playoff game. This team seems a lot more confident than in years past and that makes me confident.

Hey, after Young's last full season, the 49ers couldn't get above 0.500 for 10 of the next 12 seasons.

Enjoy it while you can. :)

Last edited:

By "some reason", do you mean "Joe Flacco"?

Last year jets game..ravens game..giants SB...i am use to it all by now..makes winning that much better

Just before the Broncos game, my mad man, heart attack, cussin', high blood pressure ways went out the window. I've had this confident, low stress calm feeling. My wife and a friend of mine commented on it. Very strange. I have this overwhelming feeling of a Pats/Gnats SB, with you know who winning..

If the pats do lose..yeah it;s going to suck big time...but until then..i won't be nervous..unless they are down 14 at half

I'm usually very nervous before the game and in the first quarter. Once the Pats take the lead I usually settle down.

If the pats do lose..yeah it;s going to suck big time...but until then..i won't be nervous..unless they are down 14 at half

Good poiint! I hadn't thought about that! Maybe thats why I was so Calm :rolleyes: ... Oh god, wheres my heart meds? :eek:

I'm usually very nervous before the game and in the first quarter. Once the Pats take the lead I usually settle down.

It's got to be a minimum 14 point lead for me. Add another TD and I get downright laid back :D

Last edited:

Once I've seen the O line and the D's front 7 production, I'm fine. Oh, and a 2 or 3 touchdown lead too. :D

Like if i see the first pats drive go 3 and out...i usually start to go..uh oh

I'm not that nervous either, but in my case it has everything to do with the fact that it's only Tuesday. Check on me Saturday night and it may be a different story.

THIS is the time to enjoy the run. It's fun and nastalgic looking back and all, but this is why we watch and follow sports, for the NOW. Why piss away following a great season being nervous and negative? I like this team and hope for the best. I'm not worry about what's out of my control. I'm just enjoying the ride. If anything, I'm just happy they got the monkey off their back and won a playoff game. This team seems a lot more confident than in years past and that makes me confident.

Now heres someone that gets it, A few of us have been preaching that all year while the "nervous" fan base cried and moaned after every win. Ive enjoyed the last 11 years, I have to admit, my heart was thumping out of my chest during the 2001 super bowl right til the end but now its all gravy, its not going to get any better than this, lets hope it can last another 4-5 years.

Ditto on the "not that nervous" statement. I really just try to enjoy every game, win or lose, without too much stress or drama. It can be very difficult to do that at times but, if I am able to, it usually makes the whole game experience much more enjoyable. It's all just entertainment at the end of the day anyway.

Like a lot of you, I've been a Pats fan during some pretty bad seasons and went to games at the old Sullivan stadium as a kid. There were some really lean years there for awhile (Tommy Hodson et al.). As a result, these past ten seasons have been a revelation. It's been such a pleasure watching the Belichick and Brady Pats. Heck, even the Bledsoe Pats were pretty fun. I will be pretty disappointed if the Pats don't win on Sunday but, alas, it is what it is. At least I'm not a Jets fan.

i guess i'm in the same boat. less anxious than previous playoff games. i have learned to turn down the expectation meter and enjoy the games for what they are. maybe it was the whole 07 disaster and wanting to make up for it right away. maybe the inconsistency of the defense early in the year lowered my expectations too. but this season, the team seems like a tighter unit and a better example of a team concept than the past several seasons.

GO PATS!!!

It's having the one and done mentality eradicated that has made going into the AFC Championship more enjoyable than the Divisional Round.

Last edited:

Why couldn't the game be at 1:00, 3:00 is going to come so SLOWWW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down