Welcome to PatsFans.com

For Smoking Pot

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 3, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Legalize All Drugs and put these Gung Ho bastards along with the Smelly Drug Dealers out of business, if drugs were legal the people that would use them are the same people that use them now, Morons say "oh if they're legal the kids will get hooked" ha ha, Drugs are for sale right now in every school yard in America, god damn fools.
    Sell Pot & Heroin in Wal Mart, you can buy it now out in the Wal Mart Parking Lot, bring it inside so you won't have to get wet picking up your fix you stupid bastards.

Student forgotten in cell had wild 'hallucinations' | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
  2. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

The title is a little misleading to me.

This guy wasn't arrested for merely smoking pot. He was rolling a joint in a house that had over 10K X pills, other drugs (including meth?) and had buku cash and some weapons in it.

This doesnt seem like it was a simple drug offense (smoking weed) with the punishment going above what one could reasonably expect.

Now I agree fully with legalizing the use of some drugs by adults, but to represent this as merely "I was smoking pot and spent 4 days in a cell" is a bit of a stretch (by anyone making the claim, not just you).

Now having said that, he had rights to due process, which clearly seem like they were violated.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This is a really big deal, not because of anything he allegedly did, but because he was held in a cell sans food or water for 4 days... he has a hell of a law suit, and this will never get to trial as it will be settled out of court to avoid embarassment..

Once you arrest and detain someone, you have a tremendous responsibility to insure that that persons needs are met.. no matter what they have done. This whole case is laced with constitutional violations.. attorneys will be circling his domicile like hungry sharks..
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Your right, I have a bad habit of not reading the whole story...............
  5. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Nah wasn't going that way fully. Clearly this story portrays some issues with this kid's case and to Darryl's point, this guy is going to be RICH!!! He was held without correct process occurring and his rights being violated.

However if I was smoking a joint in my buddies house and he had tons of dangerous drugs, guns and cash laying around....and DEA busted in....I would guess they would originally hold me for more than smoking a joint...

I feel bad for the guy....but then again i don't hang out at dealers houses....
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

He was never even charged, and there are no charges forthcoming..

He also spent 5 days,after he was found, in the hospital for dehydration, kidney failure, cramps and a perforated esophagus, ka ching!!!
  7. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Darryl....the DEA beyond paying him out big time, they will prolly end up renaming their Agent Training center after this guy.:)
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Sounds like a Hunter Thompson scenario...:rocker:
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How can some sleazy druggie be worth 20 million? He's not even dead.

Sure the DEA screwed up and someone should get fired and mister I spend the night at my dealer's house all the time should get a break after his next bust. Instead this loser's gonna get rich and fry his and many of his friends' brains before certain, swift death all by way of $20 million that could instead be put towards a new Space Shuttle.
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

"Sleazy druggie"? do we actually know anything about the guy?

$20mm is a lot -- too much, imo -- but it's what he's suing for, not necessarily what he'll get. But I don't blame him one bit -- when the government imprisons you and forgets about you, there's a rightful financial settlement coming

This kind of crap can't be tolerated, and it's more than 1 fall guy getting canned. The government doesn't get to just arrest people and leave them in a cell somewhere.
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We know he's familiar with and trusted by a drug dealer. Giving this 1/2 addict money is just gonna put him over the top.
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

You're making a whole lot of assumptions, not sure why.

The government did wrong here, that's really all that matters.