Welcome to PatsFans.com

For my four thousandth post....

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by gomezcat, Dec 6, 2007.

?

Who is the best UK based poster with a black cat as their username?

1. Gomezcat

22.2%
  2. Gomezcat (Ok, Miss Gomezcat)

77.8%
  1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have decided to do a very democratic and unrigged poll.....

2. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

I didn't vote. I find these choices too difficult ...

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +903 / 14 / -7

I picked your girlfriend because she's part Jewish.

4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +903 / 14 / -7

Plus, she's a girl.

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Theres just to many options I can't decide. I guess I know what it feels like to be a Jets, or Ravens fan.

6. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Looks like the Bush voting system. Ooops wrong forum. :scared:

7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Brought to you by Diebold voting machines.

Always a 51 to 49% victory... All of the time.

It's so easy, that you don't even have to vote, since they will do that for you as well...:D

8. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have a few more posts to get to 4k.

I'll have to setup a autopost bot or something...

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

democratic and unrigged are an oxymoron..

10. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Plus she likes Liverpool and G-man will be annoyed for the rest of his days.

Mrs Gomez is fast becoming a legend.

11. Miss Gomezcat

Miss Gomezcat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All I can say is :)

Attached Files:

• 3Js.JPG
      3Js.JPG
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +903 / 14 / -7

Too right! Hey what do I say to express allegiance for Liverpool FC, by the way, based on ancient Scouse lineage?

13. Scouse Patriot

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nothing really buddy :D There is no "Pledge of Allegiance" if you like, but Liverpool fans are known for being unique in regards to how we do things here and the values the club is built on. The man in my avatar, Bill Shankly built the foundations, the beliefs and what have become traditions for decades. Theres also the disasters Liverpool fans have been in, Losing 96 souls of our own at Hillsborough and again losing lives at Heysel, we're like a family really. Theres also the atmosphere, our flags, banners and songs, especially "You'll Never Walk Alone" that have travelling fans from Europe watching us more than their own team. See youtube for many foriegners filming us during our "European nights".

Basically it's not expressing it verbally at Liverpool, but emotionally and possesing the knowledge Liverpool fans are generaly known for (soccer is bigger than religion here). It goes alot deeper than putting a red shirt on and saying I'm a fan at Liverpool. It's these traditions, values and lineage that actualy seperates Liverpool fans from any other in world sport. You learn how it works. When I first started going to games with my father I felt like an apprentice and had total strangers taking me in and teaching me.

Sorry if I've rambled a bit there but hopefully I've give you an idea of Liverpools "lineage" and traditions that fans learn and know, new and old.

Unless you weren't really that serious and I've jus wasted 10 mins :D

14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I need to get tough on a couple of things around here. One is this lovefest for Liverpool Football Club. It is time to "ban" you all from the religious forum. :mad:

15. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You understand that Boston baseball fans relate to sport traditions, values, and lineage better than any other part of the world with the exception of Liverpool and maybe a couple of other locales. It's an interesting comparison, as it describes Red Sox fans very accurately.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  16. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

There was an excellent BBC series called Life On Mars in which one episode showed a DI Tyler (who had traveled back to 1973 from 2006) shocked and delighted to see football fans from opposing teams walking together as just fans of opposing teams going to watch a sporting event for amusement. Not as mortal enemies of opposing forces. It was a pretty good scene. One of many in that series I might add.

17. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

You're absolutely right there!

Those were the days when I used to go to lots of football matches -- I've stood on the terraces at Anfield a few times, by the way. It wasn't so long after that that I decided to stop going. Rivalry that turns into hatred is a big turn-off to me.

18. Scouse Patriot

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Cool. Maybe it stems from, what seems to be alot of similarities between Boston and Liverpool in terms of culture. Well, from what I've read about Boston anyway.

Regarding football fans. They still had the troublemakers in 1973 and like today, it's a minority who spoil it. Tottenham still had their little group who organised fights with other teams groups and so on. Then you watch films like Europtrip and see Vinny Jones parading round like some sort of maniac it's no wonder soccer gets the reputation it does, Although it's rather ironic a ****ney is a United fan. I cringed when I saw that film as it just embraces the image the game has and for the majority, it's wrong.

I've personally had a drink with opposing fans before and so have many others, it's just idiots that spoil it. I've even lived with Manchester United fans when some would have you believe we'd kill each other.

19. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I hear you. Been in the UK on extended trips many times, and the images portrayed in the news don't match what you find in country. All of my experiences found passionate fans from opposing teams rooting alongside each other watching the games in pubs while sharing a frothy one or two. It's a great experience to be swept up in the energy surrounding the sport. While I've had a few invites, I've never been able to attend a game, yet!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  20. Scouse Patriot

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Soccers boring isn't it? :D I think you'd enjoy the amosphere in the stadiums, especially at Anfield and Fratton Park (Portsmouth) where it's pretty lively and good natured all the time. As you say I think once you experience it you'll see it's pretty peaceful in terms of violence. I'm not naive enough to say you dont get the odd fight, but I'm 100% certain for the majority it's peaceful.

I always enjoy when the foriegn fans from teams we're playing in the European competition come to Anfield and we exchange scarfs, flags and even shirts on occasions after the game. Fans giving the thumbs up to each other before leaving, clapping each other. It's nice. Then you see them in the city centre before the game and they want photos with you like your some sort of celebrity. Theres was a game when Dortmund came to Anfield a few years ago and when we sung You'll Never Walk Alone at the end they raised their scarfs above their heads and sang it with us, and most probrably didn't even speak a word of English.

Maybe thats why it annoys me as much as it does to see some people call fans hooligans and the game hasn't an ounce of class in it. These experiences are pretty special. Then the you look at the champions league finals and the sea of red. The passion is unbeleivable.

I always ramble on :D But it does fill me with pride to see it and be part of it. Theres more good than bad in soccer.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007