PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For Jets game, Pats de-activate their punter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Great suggestion from The Sports Guy...

I have to admit, I'm already looking ahead to the Steelers and Jets. What if the Pats left Chris Hanson inactive for the Jets game and played without a punter? Wouldn't that be the ultimate slap in the face? Know this going in, Mangini ... we're not punting. Can you think of a better psychological ploy? It's one thing to go 19-0; it's another thing to be the team that intentionally scratched their punter before a game for the first-ever Eff You Transaction. Now I know what I want for Christmas.

Entire article here.

I would leave the punter in and deactivate Tom. If there is any team or coach classless enough to take a cheap shot on Brady it is the Jets. Although Miami also has nothing to lose, I don't see them doing it, that is not the way Cam operates. But Mangini might be so interested in hurting BB that he would.

Give Cassel a game of experience.

I think he stole that from us... or rather from me, as we've been joking about that here for the past several weeks (though certainly not after last week's game).

quite honestly it is not going to be that 70 pt blowout everyone is expecting. i hope that they just ignore the jets and just win and move on. no need to bother thinking doing anything special for the jets. just gives them more credence.who cares about the jets..

quite honestly it is not going to be that 70 pt blowout everyone is expecting. i hope that they just ignore the jets and just win and move on. no need to bother thinking doing anything special for the jets. just gives them more credence.who cares about the jets..
Agree, and it's bad karma to do something as ridiculous as leave the punter off the day's active roster, and you look bad when you do have to punt, which probably happens at least once. I'm tired of the people that act like this team walks on water. Great team, but they've come very close to losing in two different games. Simmons should have said he's kidding.

Perhaps he assumed normal people could reach that conclusion on their own. :D

I totally agree w/this, and have been thinking the same. Getting too hyped up for a game messes with players' heads anyway. The game against Buffalo is about the ultimate in what a blowout could be--the quick TD off the pick, and then touchdowns non-stop. I suppose against the Jets they wouldn't lay off in the 4th quarter, but honestly, who cares. Don't worry about scoring 60, or whatever. Beat 'em, and let them slink off to their 3-13 season or whatever the hell it's going to be.

for the ultimate disrespect... play with the second team the whole game... and coach the sh!t out of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes